MAGIC Monaco Press Conference - 9th March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
DzyI11lX0AYL6vh.jpg

DzyI21GWkAEYzLv.jpg

Posting the images from Twitter, rather than the tweets themselves via the media function. Has that helped?
SO MUCH, thank you brother!

Nothing in that screenshot looks impossible for current gen hardware. It's definitely in-game

Probably not the base PS4 ver. though, but mainly due to the image quality
It COULD be run in real time for sure, but the lighting and angle alone make me believe this is a render. Either way it's gonna look amazing in motion...

I mean whichever way you cut it, that's the new model just like the render at the end of the Gamescom '18 trailer was the new Shenhua one.

Could argue the character lighting might not be that good in-game, but I dunno... that's definitely somewhere Ys Net have progressed in leaps and bounds recently, and comparing to the Gamescom '18 trailer, the way the light reacts to the materials of Lan Di's outfit is uncannily like this new image.

Jesus, Lan Di looks so freaking amazing. This is finally looking like freaking Shenmue 3!

1. Everything looks fucking fantastic.

2. Except I think Lan Di's head looks a bit too small for his body.

3. Shenmue Haters' tears are in Capsule Toys.

4. My unsubstantiated theory is the Landi and Ren shots are 100% in game, but they're from a mode similar to Shenmue Passport on Dreamcast. It's just their stances have a similar vibe, and the fact they are completely alone gives me that impression as well.

5. DAT BOAT!

6. Ren, stop playing hard to get and show your face you fucking jerk.

7. No god damn way is Ryo gonna kill Lan Di in Shenmue 3. Dude is gonna murder Ryo just by staring at him.

8. Very good art direction.

9. Bring on March 9th!

I thought Lan Di looked good in 2018, but now in 2019 he looks even better.
He looks more muscular then he did before though, was this on purpose? Maybe he had to get even stronger for what he wants to achieve.

Also, that stare..if that's about Ryo following him all this time then... all I'm gonna say is good luck Ryo.

gatcha 1.png

Alright, so not much more info, except that they are indeed generic. So no licensed materials in there. It looks like a character holding some sort of katana sword maybe? Theres definitely an axe of some kind there too. In the other, its a little hard to make out, but with the colours, perhaps just generic vehicles, which we have seen in Shenmue games previously.

picture.png

Alright so this is just generic imagery in game, but the bottle looks as though its advertising a beverage of some kind in a bottle. This could be whats available to purchase from the vending machines we have seen on the boat in the Gamescom trailer:

boat.png

Then, it's starting to actually look like these are more than just on the spot drinkables, if we remember the battle image we got in a previous kickstarter update:

bottle 1.png

Gotta say in contrary to most here I very much dislike the Lan Di model for Shenmue III. He just doesn`t look like Lan Di at all to me. He looks like a random dude with a pigtail weirdly attached to his normal hair.

Thinks I`d change:

-Jawline should be wider.
-hair at the top should be flatter (which is natural when you tie your hair up)
-eyes don`t look menacing/cold at all (he looks a bit sad)
-eye brows should be thicker
-whole face should be wider
-hair where his pigtail starts look very weird (should be slimmer because of how the hair is tied up)
-body looks too buff over all

But all this I already mentioned on the trailer he was featured in. I had the same thought there as well and I don`t think he improved at all. Especially the hair looks embarrassingly bad.

EDIT:

Here a quick comparison:

LanDicomparison.jpg

Everything feels as if it is finally coming together thanks to the recent displays of sharp increases in quality!

I wonder if they are saving Niao Sun and Chai for the trailer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back