ONE WEEK

Spaghetti

Site Staff
Just thought we should mark the occasion (again) of reaching 100 days until the release of Shenmue III.

Not to make it a stealth "will it/will it not be delayed" thread, but it feels a lot more real than it did the last time we crossed this barrier. Given what we know now about trial version information coming in a matter of weeks, some of us might be playing a taster of Shenmue III this time next month.

The question is... are you EXCITED? I know I am.

No, not really excited for the game. This time around I also haven't booked any time off work for the week of its supposed release date.

I also try not to think about Shenmue too much. If the game will really come out on November 19th, I'll be happy but I'm really not expecting anything. When we are a week or two away from November 19th, and it hasn't been delayed again, that is when I'll start getting excited for this game. I have learned to keep my expectations and excitement in check.

i think my excitement level between 2005 and 2015 was below 0% because
i just thought that we will never see anything about Shenmue ever again. every year with no news,
the franchise meant less and less to me because i was sure that i will never see the next game and it just hurt.
but since 2015 my excitement level is constantly between 90 and 100%.
i think i used the news function on Google since 2015 at least two times a day and i clicked every small article i could find.
i played the PS4 re-release three times after i already got all trophies in both of them.
if we reach November i think my excitement level will not stop at 100%, it will stop at 130%
and i will pray that every day will feel super short. as soon as i get the shipping emails
for the normal and CE version, i will jump around like a bouncy toy ball
and on the next day i will wait for the DHL driver like a little kid whos waiting for Santa Claus.

gameover.jpg

100% excited? 130% excited? How about 333% excited?

I definitely feel like that some days. This morning I was in bed thinking about the moment you finally gain control of Ryo, and how enormously cathartic just pressing up on the analogue stick is going to be. No other game could do that to me, never again will I experience something as simply joyous as just walking around in Shenmue III for the first time. It's majorly tempting not to play the backer trial just to preserve that experience for me and have it with the full game.

In any case, I can't wait to just soak that world in.

My excitement is on hold for now. I need a new trailer to start the hype machine again. 100 days in the "close to it" territories but also in the "well still bit far away" to make me feel too hyped. Unless we get another Magic 2019 Trailer :p

Captain's Log:
After months of sleeping in cigarette ash and muttering "Epic Games Blowback" as he dreamed, Nigel returns to the dojo with heightened excitement and a Dionysian hangover, knowing the day is finally coming.

(I am buying a PS4 next week, and the hype will really begin.)

No, not really excited for the game. This time around I also haven't booked any time off work for the week of its supposed release date.

I also try not to think about Shenmue too much. If the game will really come out on November 19th, I'll be happy but I'm really not expecting anything. When we are a week or two away from November 19th, and it hasn't been delayed again, that is when I'll start getting excited for this game. I have learned to keep my expectations and excitement in check.

I agree Nov 19th feels a long way off it's hard to get excited right now. Something that might boost the hypeness would be the Shenmue 3 trial demo while we wait. It's hard for me not to think about Shenmue 3 technically this game wasn't suppose to happen. The plan for a decade plus was to re release the first 2 games and pray to the Sega gods that Shenmue 3 would have a future. Shenmue 3 to me is a lingering upcoming game set to come out, all that will change once Nov 1st hits though.

I'm excited to see all the improvements at Gamescom and look forward to this Trial version being released. I'm in the same boat as Hyo, though, in terms of release. I still can't shake the feeling that it'll be pushed back one final time.

Destiny 2's expansion had all of it's ducks in a row, seemingly, but had a small two week delay. I'll wait for that elusive "gone gold" announcement before I get hyped on the release itself.

Tempering emotions until Shenmue III makes it through the final development stages...wouldn’t be surprised if there’s another delay to 2020 to ensure Shenmue III is another timeless masterpiece...

I'm excited to see all the improvements at Gamescom and look forward to this Trial version being released. I'm in the same boat as Hyo, though, in terms of release. I still can't shake the feeling that it'll be pushed back one final time.

Destiny 2's expansion had all of it's ducks in a row, seemingly, but had a small two week delay. I'll wait for that elusive "gone gold" announcement before I get hyped on the release itself.

What's the gone gold announcement?

What's the gone gold announcement?
I mean it's not a formal thing, but some studios like to announce when a game is "done", or at least that they've created a Gold Master to be sent off for production of physical retail copies.

"Going Gold" means a lot less than it used to now you can patch games so easily, but devs like to talk about it as a little celebration and to get the fanbase excited.

So Bjork is playing in England the same day that Shenmue III is released. I've always wanted to see Bjork live, so the fact i'm still not sure whether to get a ticket or not says a lot.

Of course, the game might not arrive on the day and I have a meeting the next day, so I might be giving up the concert for nothing haha.

So Bjork is playing in England the same day that Shenmue III is released. I've always wanted to see Bjork live, so the fact i'm still not sure whether to get a ticket or not says a lot.

Of course, the game might not arrive on the day and I have a meeting the next day, so I might be giving up the concert for nothing haha.

I say enjoy the concert Shenmue 3 ain't going nowhere.

Back