ONE WEEK

So Bjork is playing in England the same day that Shenmue III is released. I've always wanted to see Bjork live, so the fact i'm still not sure whether to get a ticket or not says a lot.

Of course, the game might not arrive on the day and I have a meeting the next day, so I might be giving up the concert for nothing haha.

Shenmue III will still be available on November 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th...

Always prioritise one-day opportunities over things that will always be around.

Treat Björk with the seriousness of finding a black car.

Something I do consider, and I wonder with reference to E3: I suspect the framing of the gameplay coupled with the news revealed (delay, medium, et al.) led to a sense of "over saturation." To abuse the term, most of us have had some sense of Stockholm Syndrome since 2015, and the final minutes may be particularly maddening.
Not in a smug/virtue-signalling sense, but more to preserve the very hype, I got away from this place for a bit precisely because an oversaturated focus on it all could blind me. We're getting Shenmue III. This early Autumn will seem ugly to some, but Winter will reward.

Here we are again, the 100 day countdown (hopefully for the last time lol).

Seriously cannot wait. I have a chrome tab open with a countdown to Nov 19 and every time I notice it while working it makes my mind spin out of control for a few moments. Honestly, I'm just excited in general as it feels like we could get new news any day now. We have Gamescom coming up in ~10 days, the backer demo and the slow release of information about the game as the release date comes closer. Gamescom already has me completely giddy, so I cannot imagine what it's going to feel in those last few weeks in November. It almost feels surreal that we are this close to something that we have all wanted for, for so damn long!! Bring it on!!

Shenmue III will still be available on November 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th...

Always prioritise one-day opportunities over things that will always be around.

That's a very good way of looking at it - much obliged all. Just waiting to hear back from a mate who loves her and i'll get tickets...

Words cannot describe how excited I am for Shenmue 3. Like many of you, I’ve been waiting for this day for eighteen years one I never thought would come. To think it was the fan’s devotion to this series that brought it back from the brink of death. Those who never gave up on the franchise and campaigned for it in it’s darkest days are the real heroes in all this. Now that Shenmue is back, it’s up to us to secure its future. I don’t want to see this franchise prematurely die again because if that does happen, we probably won’t get another miracle.

My gut feeling still says January 2020 and I'm going to have an empty feeling in 15 more days as we would've all been enjoying the Shenmue III experience if things went according to plan.

However I'm glad I'll have Death Stranding as the last game I'll play through before I do a quick run of Shenmue II again before that great day of November 19th!

100% excited? 130% excited? How about 333% excited?

ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

So Bjork is playing in England the same day that Shenmue III is released. I've always wanted to see Bjork live, so the fact i'm still not sure whether to get a ticket or not says a lot.

Of course, the game might not arrive on the day and I have a meeting the next day, so I might be giving up the concert for nothing haha.

You should; I've never seen her (or even know a song of hers, outside of Venus as a Boy), but I'm quite familiar with her the person and I'd go see her just for that.

Do it!

I am very excited for Shenmue 3, so excited that I need to keep my expectations in check because I don't want to be disappointed by the game. It's my second most anticipated game of all time. It amazes me that we will actually be playing Shenmue III in about 3 months, that our dream came true after so much hurt, disappointment after disappointment of no Shenmue 3 news, nothing at E3 one year after the other.

The game never would have happened if it weren't for the Shenmue fans that never gave up, I never gave up on the series but at one stage it felt like it was dead but kickstarter is the one that gave life to Shenmue 3. Never would have happened otherwise. Shenmue fans had so much more devotion then I ever did until the day it was announced. That was one of the happiest days of my life.

All we can do is support Shenmue 3 so the series continues and don't let any negativity bring it down. Some people saying the game looks bad already :rolleyes: . We may love it, we may not but we need to be realistic and not expect Shenmue 3 to be ground breaking. As long as its very good, it sells and it's just like Shenmue 1 and 2 then I'm happy.

Last edited:
Not excited. Rather terrified of waiting another string of weeks and looking for new ways to forget the tiring existence of Shenmue (three).

So here the games I will try to spend my time:
Project X Zone 2 (3,5/5)
Automachef (4,5/5)
Rocket League (5/5)
Tennis Elbow 2013 (4/5)
Resident Evil 2002 (5/5)
VTOL VR (4/5)
No Man Sky VR (?/5)
or Subnautica VR (?/5)
Jalopy (?/5)
China, The Forbidden City (3/5)
Another old myst-like
Mario 3D Land (3,5/5)
New Mario Bros 2 (4/5)
Surviving Mars (4,5/5)

Should be OK.

The wait is killing me... I am not as into my video games as I once was (or rather I'm just fussier) and don't have much else to play whilst I wait.

Astral Chain comes out in a couple of weeks at least. That's the only other game I'm really hyped for to be honest.

Officially at the 3 month mark....man, I can't wait for that trial to go online next month.

I really want to get my hands on this game so badly. It's one of the few things I do give a crap about this year in terms of fall releases.

Back