ONE WEEK

Although it would've been sweet to have in a week's time on original date; autumn/early winter is my favorite season, so I'll probably be in a better overall mood with cozy gaming atmosphere here in Chicago.

Today was gonna be the day and we're still 80-something days away, once again... if they make the November release date.

Now the wait really hits home. Anyway, just gotta keep a stiff upper lip guys. 3 more months and we're there. ?

50 Days to go!

Since the 100 day mark we have had:
  • An excellent Gamescom showing!
  • 3 new trailers 'Spirit of the Land' 'A Day in Shenmue' & 'The Prophecy (Trial Version)'
  • Refunds - sorted ! and with little fuss to boot !
  • Limited run games US collectors edition - sold out in 41 minutes
  • An excellent TGS showing with support from SEGA
  • Confirmation of Steelbook bonus in EU territories !
  • Data Discs Shenmue vinyl has been re-released
  • Shenmue 3 TGS T Shirt and Keyrings became available through SEGA Japan and sold out!
  • Most importantly - An incredibly well received backer trial by both Fans and the Media!
  • Many Dojo members have now actually PLAYED SHENMUE III !!!
It really feels like the home stretch now!

Thanks to all Dojo members for making it such an exciting journey !

It gets more real each week. Hearing "The Prophecy" trailer in English was the latest "this is real" moment for me. The last 50 days have flown by, here's hoping for the same as we approach October!

im surprisingly good at waiting for release. It is the trailers and screens I get impatient about, funny enough. Now winding down with Kyoto and possible Paris Week being final event showings, which I'm not too bothered about since Gamescom really scratched the itch and being so close to launch. Guessing Kyoto will be gold announcement and maybe final big trailer?

I'm old and time's passing faster than ever. I'll live. I wish time were going slower, though. :(

I'm old and time's passing faster than ever. I'll live. I wish time were going slower, though. :(

Same, not being teenaged or early 20s anymore--plus my fast paced industry especially now going into my high volume season--a week passes in a blink.

I've been working a ton of overtime the past month. 60 to 72 hours a week helps the days go by faster.

I'm selfishly wishing for another delay. As each day goes by and it gets closer and closer, I feel horrible, like death. I'm definitely not emotionally prepared to handle the release of Shenmue III.

It's strange isn't. We all want Shenmue 3 so bad but has anybody actually thought about what its going to be like when we have played and completed it? We have been so used to waiting and wishing on nothing, to finally having that bone thrown at us, to nearly playing the game we have spent most of our lives waiting for. What happens next?

In a strange way I hope Shenmue 3 ends with a big cliffhanger. And that we get the slightest hint that Shenmue 4 is coming. When? Where? How? We need questions and answers debate. Because going from all this to nothing could lead to our community ending up with major PTSD!

I want the game like crazy. But once its done, its done. Our journey is over. Has anybody else thought that?

Back