Patch 7 for PC - Release Notes

So it seems like at least for Shenmue II, they changed it so that now everything has the JPN audio grunts on the fights and crowd even when set to English Audio.

So now instead of the game ALWAYS having English for the fights regardless of language selected, it's now Japanese regardless of language selected. (Fights and crowds only) The same problem but it's the opposite way now. *Sigh*

Update: So i restarted Shenmue II and did the first fight with Sam and Larry in English and Ryo's voice in the fight was in English (It was Corey Marshall's voice) while Sam and Larry's were in Japanese. Yikes. I hope this gets sorted. Seems like they were tinkering with the voices in the fights but it isn't fixed properly yet.

Edit2: Seems like a couple of chatter from the crowd in a couple gambling places are still in English regardless of language selection and others like the Arm wrestling places in Worker's Pier contain Japanese chatter only. Yeah it seems all over the place now. The only hope i have is that since they did tinker with this, it will be fixed at some point.

Last edited:
Queen Street to me sounded like a dramatic improvement. Like, without having the original side-by-side I couldn't notice much wrong with it.

Queen Street to me sounded like a dramatic improvement. Like, without having the original side-by-side I couldn't notice much wrong with it.
Once we get a new console patch I'll be giving this a go again to see the differences.

Like, without having the original side-by-side I couldn't notice much wrong with it.
It sounds better but my ears were still crying :(
I'm not going to blame D3T for something that was out of their control though, it's just a little upsetting.

Actually wouldn't mind the background noises being Japanese. The english banter was the worst, atrociously grating offender to my ears from IIx, haha.

Not everyone will noticed this but as a novice audio engineering i noticed that with this new patch, d3t added a volume sound compressor to S2 to make everything sound much louder. Not a big fan of it since it sounds a little distorted (Scarlet Hills is very noticable if you have a good ear for this sort of stuff especially when compared to the current Patch 4 and DC version) but since the instruments were improved alongside with it i can live with it. S1 has the compression since launch on PC and the PS4 version doesn't have it for either game yet as of the current patch but i'm sure it's coming.

I'm assuming d3t added it due to the complains with the audio volume mixing being off but still would have rather them try a different approach. Oh well.

PC Patch Notes v1.06

Audio
• Further improvements to Shenmue 1 audio playback.
• Fixed an issue with corrupted audio outside the Golden Qr Tomato Convenience Store.
• Fixed an issue that caused the Darts 7 background music to crackle.
• Now plays correct Japanese fight grunts when playing with Japanese voice audio

Controls
• Fixed issue with being unable to use left thumbstick whilst working at Lucky Hit stand or when catching leaves

UI
• Fixed an issue where French characters would sometimes be cut-off while viewing photo information.
• Fixed an issue where uncollected gacha sets could sometimes be sold in a pawnshop.
• Integrated steams controller and button icons.
• Fixed issue with incorrect help screen display after being forced back to Ryo’s room
• Fixed issue with Ryo’s moves display when using lower screen resolutions
• Fixed issue where by the 70 man battle and Magic Weather options could disappear when they should be available

Graphical Issues
• Fixed an issue that would cause Ryo’s shadow to be distorted while airing out the books.
• Fixed an issue with the numbers displayed on Neo Darts.
• Fixed various graphical issues present in AfterBurner II.
• Fixed Ryo’s jacket clipping into the Dojo floor when sparring with Fuku-san

Miscellaneous
• Secret commands can now be used in AfterBurner II.
• Fixed an issue that caused difficulties entering training in the Dobuita Parking Lot.

Did Sega just abandon the console ports?

Did Sega just abandon the console ports?
I'd hope not as it's due out in ps4 in Japan in a month. Probably issues getting them through Sony and MS QA. However it is frustrating but one will come I'm sure

I always get so giddy as I read the list of patch notes :p Always waiting to read something that I hope they have fixed, and they always do. They are really doing great work and must be close to ironing out all the bugs.

Excellent news on the patch! Just in time for stream night!

Secret commands in Afterburner??? What are those?

Secret commands in Afterburner??? What are those?

Holding a direction or button combination while refuelling gives you extra missiles.

I believe it's different for each level you refuel on.

Wow, these patch notes seem fairly complete according to most of the remaining bemoaned issues. Wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if this was the last patch for the game (and brought over to consoles). Hoping there's at last one more after Japanese release.

Back