Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Tekken 7 (always Tekken 7)
PSN
danmann861
Steam
danielmann861
Well, that PlayStation 5 Event is just around the corner. Figured most well make an official thread regarding it.

Expectations?

Horizon 2? --
Seems likely there will be a tease of Horizon 2 at this event. I could easily see it being announced as "one last thing" with a short tease. Won't be a launch title but definitely will be teased.

Gran Turismo 7 -- All signs are pointing to GT7 being a launch title. Whether that be internet rumor or truth remains to be seen.

Spiderman 2? -- Most likely in development but don't see it showing up this week. Although it is a heavy hitter for Sony and would make a splash to at least tease it. But I think it's more likely we'll get something else out of Insomniac before hand..maybe another Ratchet and Clank?

God of War 2? -- No chance. This won't show up until a few years into PS5's lifespan. They ain't gonna reveal all their heavy hitters in one go.

Silent Hills? -- A lot of rumors, but I don't think anything will come of it...at least not at this event.

New Uncharted not developed by Naughty Dog -- MMMM, maybe, although I don't see them treading on Naughty Dog's heels so close to TLOU2's release. But I could possibly see that rumored new Uncharted game showing up in some form. Just not sure if the timing is right given TLOU2 releases next week.

Demons Soul Remake by Bluepoint -- Highly likely! All signs point to yes (almost.) We know Bluepoint is working on something. It's been heavily rumored to be a Demon Souls remake. I think it's a good possibility that will be shown on Friday.

Hopes?

-- Fumito Ueda's new game gets teased. I'm ready to see what Ueda is working on next, but this is a long shot. I don't think we'll see anything from Ueda's next project until it is close to release given what happened with TLG. So I don't realistically expect to see anything from Gen Design...but man, I would love if he did show up with something new. I'm ready for a new Ueda game.

-- ATLUS' new fantasy RPG -- Don't realistically expect it to show up here, but I am ready for more info on this. It feels like it's been a while since we've heard anything regarding it. But that's probably more likely to show up at a Japanese event.

-- Backwards Compatibility with PS1, PS2 and PS3 -- I don't think this will happen...but I would love it if it did. It would make it the ultimate PlayStation system. But I don't see it happening in this way.

-- Shenmue IV -- highly doubtful...but it would be something to see the YSNET logo show up :) Again, HIGHLY doubtful. If we hear anything about Shenmue IV it ain't gonna be at this event. It would more likely be at a smaller show. But one can dream.

Anyways, what say you?

Since PS4 has been my 1st Sony console ever, my collection is mostly 3rd party exclusives, but right now the only 1st party I want to play ASAP is Spiderman 2, I need that game with 2 playables characters.

But I am pretty sure that it will be a dissapointing presentation full of Ubishit, Call of Duty Again and some EA Sports stuff :(

Silent Hills/Metal Gear rights purchase sounds good--while allowing Kojima what he wanted since MGS4, which was produce while Murata writes/directs.

Just a brief blurb about GenDESIGN and YSNet being somehow supporting.

Honestly I'm not even bothered about big reveals in new games (Thought I will certainly welcome them :) ). What I really want from this conference is a transparent view on what the PlayStation 5 has to offer. Most notably how Sony is tacking backwards compatibility in comparison to Xbox. I've been in camp PlayStation ever since the 1st console, but as console generations go on I'm finding that PlayStation has loss more and more exclusives - The majority of games I identify with PlayStation are now on Xbox too.

Now Xbox ramping up the appeal with backwards compatibility is what could be key for me making the jump to the DARKSIDE. In the last few years, I have been looking up Original Xbox & 360 games which are backwards compatible and buying them. Most notably games that I have on PS3 which are also on the 360, as the 360 version now offers the superior experience. I've got generations of consoles and the biggest pain in my behind right now is the lack of accessibility to my PS2 library - Which looks awful on a HDTV. If Sony steps up to meet Xbox on backwards compatibility and lets me use my PS2/PS3 games again I'll be ecstatic! If not, I may have to keep buying Xbox versions and continue my gaming journey with them.

I talked a little about this on a video test I did:

I'm only fussed about backwards compatability when it comes to the PS4. It would make so much financial sense for Sony to make this a happen, with digital purchases especially, as more people will sell their current console and purchase the PS5 at its highest price point.

What would make a great presentation for me would be -

• A good looking console
  • In depth look of the interface
  • Backwards compatability with PS4
  • PSVR 2
  • And at the end just a brief mention, not an official announcement, that God of War 2, Horizon 2 and Spiderman 2 are on the way

Silent Hills/Metal Gear rights purchase sounds good--while allowing Kojima what he wanted since MGS4, which was produce while Murata writes/directs.

Just a brief blurb about GenDESIGN and YSNet being somehow supporting.
I don't know how it's not an obvious business idea from Sony or Konami to remake the original Metal Gear Solid games. Even if it is a near like for like with just improved graphics, how does that not become a financial success?

I'm only fussed about backwards compatability when it comes to the PS4. It would make so much financial sense for Sony to make this a happen, with digital purchases especially, as more people will sell their current console and purchase the PS5 at its highest price point.

What would make a great presentation for me would be -

• A good looking console
  • In depth look of the interface
  • Backwards compatability with PS4
  • PSVR 2
  • And at the end just a brief mention, not an official announcement, that God of War 2, Horizon 2 and Spiderman 2 are on the way
I do not expect them to have much backwards compatibility as that stops them doing the classic remaster move the did so much with ps4..

I'll edit this for full thoughts when the event is done, but I have to say: RE8 has me desirous of a PS5, regardless of S4's fate.
(More scandalous yet, I've only played Code Veronica, so I know little about the modern adaptation disagreements.)

Edit: that's... that's a look for a console. I prefer that of the Series X, but so be it. It's almost as if they wanted to make the digital edition look more enticing (not an awkward disc drive sticking off of the side). RIP Gamestop, etc.

Last edited:
Could have been presented better I think, way too much filler games I think little care about but overall Horizon and Spiderman were big. Also, the console looks sexy as fcuk. Only me who plays games in the house but will buy the controller stand and extra controller just to show it off.

1591910477931.png

Last edited:
I think it was quite an underwhelming show. Almost no gamepla,y, I want to see gameplay in videogame reveals!

And aside of 4 o 5 games I believe most of them can be run in ps4 so the end message of "they can only be done in ps5" sound really fake.

I'm going to be that cranky old man and say I did not like what I saw of RE8. I hated the rumors, and this all but confirmed all of it. Tokyo Ghostwire isn't the cool detective/survival horror mishmash I was dreaming up from the initial trailer, but it still looks cool and I'll definitely get it on launch.

Not sure if I like the design. Looks really awkward, especially when it’s on its side on the round plate-like base.

Series X will have the better tech, but without the games, what's the point? If Microsoft can't get decent exclusives next gen that shows off that power... yeah, pointless. The 360 library was amazing, but the One really suffered.

PS5 isn't as powerful as far as I'm aware, but I'm pretty sure Sony will be backing it up with solid titles as per usual.

Series X will have the better tech, but without the games, what's the point? If Microsoft can't get decent exclusives next gen that shows off that power... yeah, pointless. The 360 library was amazing, but the One really suffered.

PS5 isn't as powerful as far as I'm aware, but I'm pretty sure Sony will be backing it up with solid titles as per usual.
Well they might have learned the lesson as Microsoft bought a lot of game developer studios. We will see in their not e3 event if they learned the lesson and can actually compete against sony this generation.

the design looks pretty bad, im not impressed.

i would of thought sony would design something nicer. + playstation never have any good games at launch.. if the console is £100 or £200 more than the series x, i might switch back to the xbox, at least until the ps5 comes down in price.. as sony get all the best exclusives in the long run. (the new xbox will have halo6 so thats a plus)

Last edited:
I think the design looks good and futuristic now, but in 5 years it will look dated imo, like how the original fat PS3 design did.

I think the PS4 design has dated well. that being said the Dreamcast was too ahead of its time man with that design

Besides Miles Morales ( and it look like a Yakuza sequel kind of production) and Re8 I hated the presentation. So far no jumping to next gen until probably 2022

That was underwhelming. And the console resembles the 360 slim. And the controller borderline looks like a playstation skin on an Xbox esque controller.
1591916157726.png

1591915999808.png
Could have been presented better I think, way too much filler games I think little care about but overall Horizon and Spiderman were big. Also, the console looks sexy as fcuk. Only me who plays games in the house but will buy the controller stand and extra controller just to show it off.

View attachment 8046View attachment 8046View attachment 8046View attachment 8046View attachment 8046View attachment 8046View attachment 8046View attachment 8046

It's def gunna be another generation that'll settle down in a battle of exclusives. And not the hardware tech+Genre offerings like the Ninty vs Sega rivalry.

Back