PlayStation 5 Event -- June 12th (OT)

Well they might have learned the lesson as Microsoft bought a lot of game developer studios. We will see in their not e3 event if they learned the lesson and can actually compete against sony this generation.
Microsoft already had the studios but they ruin them by forcing them to make one damn game. They literally have a studio JUST for Halo and Gears. The studios they purchased will be pumping out sequel after sequel and nothing more.

While never breathtaking or memorable, I thought the event was amazing. Artistically, all the games had their own little brilliance and personality, like animation movies directed by a singular artist. I liked the suggestion that imagination is now the developers's sky and made me believe it gladly over two hours.

Almost no game was conceptually uninteresting and Sony wisely ended the show with what people wanted to see the most (and smartly didn't reveal the price).

I was thinking that Shenmue 3 would never stand a chance to figure amid all these polished games. Shenmue 3 had amateur typo, clunky animations, was beautiful but very raw and had unbalanced charadesign. I always thought that Sony didn't want to show Shenmue 3 again not to be embarrassed.

But since even low tier or indy games look great and very pro in the show, I wonder if S4 has more chance to blow our minds.

I am taking a wait and see approach like I do every console generation. It's still too early and I would rather see how this generation plays out. Also, that gives companies time to sort out any potential problems with the consoles themselves. Though I will say games like Biohazard VIII and Ghostwire Tokyo would be definite buys for me.

On the other hand, one of my main issues with PlayStation is it's lack of backwards compatibility with PlayStation One to Three games. Which makes Microsoft's Xbox more attractive and that most of Sony's exclusives are really not that appealing to me. However as I said before, it's still too early to make a final judgment.

Also if we get a Shenmue IV, I hope Suzuki will be able to fully harness the graphical capabilities of this new generation.

Last edited:
Only thing I have interest in is the Demon’s Souls remake and that’s not really enough to sell me on it unlike Bloodborne for PS4. Can’t trust a company that retroactively censors games they have no right to.

RE8 was kinda bleh. I don’t get it. RE7 got pretty silly by the end but it did show restraint in some ways...this just looks like it has potential to have writing as bad as 6 lol. Even between the remakes of 2 and 3 you can kind of tell a major fall in quality once you get past production value.

One thing that i really dont like is that the whole presentation was still stuck at 30 fps.
And to make it even worse, some of the trailers were uploaded in 60 fps on Youtube
but its just a unlocked framerate. So they arent really 60 fps, more like 30-50 fps, in some scenes 60.

Come on man, i really really really hope next gen means at least 1080p@60 fps
and not 4K Raytracing Ultra Settings @ 24-30 fps.
And a unlocked framerate with a 60 fps target doesnt help at all if it never reaches 60 fps.
A unlocked fluctuating framerate that changes between 35 and 50 fps every second
is even worse than 100% stable locked 30 fps. I want 100% stable locked 60 fps.

What about the games in 3-4 years? If they push them to 4K and every single setting to the max,
we will be back at 30 fps with drops below that.

So i dont know what to think about all of this.

Presentation was good. I like the console design but it's going to be a bloody large console.

It struck me that they showed a number of exclusives, basically a line in the sand to Microsoft. Here's our exclusives, what you got other than Halo, Gears and Forza (MS have more than that but you see the point).

Microsoft bought a load of studios so they will have exclusive games too it whether they're brave enough to let these studios go for it or not. What we do know is their console is more powerful so I want to see shit running on that too.

Either way I'll be getting the PS5 as it has the exclusives I want. I'll use my PC and Xcloud for any Xbox stuff and enjoy the best of both worlds. Both consoles will have some cracking stuff

I like the console design, in my opinion is really beautiful, i like the games that i saw on the presentation but i thought there was going to be a new Crash Bandicoot. :hmm:

I live in a country where consoles are really expensive so i will have to choose between PS5 or Xbox Series X, i will choose PS5, Playstation always has the exclusives i want, and i will use my notebook for Xbox games that will be available in Windows 10 too.

I'm already dreaming about Shenmue IV on PS5. :ROFLMAO: I really think that Yu Suzuki will be able to make Shenmue IV and finish the story with Shenmue V, both for PS5, i have hope that this will happen.

I can already see SO many Pre-owned PS5's having the white portion chipped and broken. It doesn't look particularly durable, not overly keen to be honest...

But what is more annoying is that we still haven't seen much regarding the console in-action. Kind of want to see the interface and of course know how they're handling backwards compatibility.

As for the games... the only one that I thought was interesting was Resident Evil 8...

A few games interested me and the color of the console threw me off!!! I would not mind buying a special edition condole in the future or a ps5 pro if they develop one.

One thing that i really dont like is that the whole presentation was still stuck at 30 fps.
And to make it even worse, some of the trailers were uploaded in 60 fps on Youtube
but its just a unlocked framerate. So they arent really 60 fps, more like 30-50 fps, in some scenes 60.

Come on man, i really really really hope next gen means at least 1080p@60 fps
and not 4K Raytracing Ultra Settings @ 24-30 fps.
And a unlocked framerate with a 60 fps target doesnt help at all if it never reaches 60 fps.
A unlocked fluctuating framerate that changes between 35 and 50 fps every second
is even worse than 100% stable locked 30 fps. I want 100% stable locked 60 fps.

What about the games in 3-4 years? If they push them to 4K and every single setting to the max,
we will be back at 30 fps with drops below that.

So i dont know what to think about all of this.

It's good news if they push for 4K, that would mean 1080/1440p60fps for every games if devs allow user performance setting.
If not, yeah that's terrible and would make PC the king platform again. I never bought a console since the horrible PS3 and will never again if they still can't get the framerate right. Unstable/low framerate was ok on CRT but is extremely annoying on modern televisions, and an even bigger pain when you grew up with 90's arcade machines.

Last edited:
Wasn't the whole point of this upcoming generation 4k and 60fps?

Thats what everyone is talking about yes,
but so far especially the ingame stuff they showed on PS5 was nowhere near stable 60 fps.
Resident Evil 8 looked like 20 fps, Godfall trailer is 30-60 fps,
trailers for Kena or Returnal were locked to 30 fps and they still had framedrops.
Ghostwire Tokyo, Ratched & Clank were 30 fps too.

So if the target is 4K @ 60, then they didnt show a lot of footage to confirm that yet.

Last edited:
Microsoft already had the studios but they ruin them by forcing them to make one damn game. They literally have a studio JUST for Halo and Gears. The studios they purchased will be pumping out sequel after sequel and nothing more.
That is common in AAA and sony is not that different.
Gran turismo studio does gran turismos.
The killzone studios did mostly killzones for quite a while.
Naughty dog did mostly uncharted and then last of us which is the same mold of cinematic experience, at least it had with some gameplay swaps.
Little big planet guys did that 3 games in a row.

Spcializing studios to reuse tech and team expertise is common now that games cost a lot and all major publishers do it. What happened with MS is that was mostly focused with shooters and forza since they had a lot less first party studiis than sony.

I didn't watch the presentation. Does the console have to stand up or can you also lay it flat on your shelf?

I don't really have the space to put the console here, if it has to be standing, also I have cats who love to knock stuff over in the apartment so this would be a huge problem for me. :LOL:

Anyway, unless S4 comes out, I'm not planning to buy another console before 2022 or 23. I still have quite a backlog on PS4 to play through, including the Yakuza 3 to 5 remasters and stuff like Sakura Wars. And there's still some meaty titles coming out on PS4 like Yakuza 7 and Trails of Cold Steel 4 so I guess I'll be good for another two or three years.

That is common in AAA and sony is not that different.
Gran turismo studio does gran turismos.
The killzone studios did mostly killzones for quite a while.
Naughty dog did mostly uncharted and then last of us which is the same mold of cinematic experience, at least it had with some gameplay swaps.
Little big planet guys did that 3 games in a row.

Spcializing studios to reuse tech and team expertise is common now that games cost a lot and all major publishers do it. What happened with MS is that was mostly focused with shooters and forza since they had a lot less first party studiis than sony.
That's the thing. Guerilla did Killzone but were able to move on and create something greater in Horizon. Naughty Dog did Uncharted but were able to make a critically acclaimed game in The Last of Us. Sucker Punch went from the Infamous series to do Ghost of Tsushima. Insomniac Games went from Spyro, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank to a critically acclaimed Spiderman game. Even Santa Monica Studios were working on a brand new game before producing a completely different God of War.

I'm pretty sure that's why Bungie left Microsoft. They wanted to do Destiny but Microsoft told them they must do Halo for eternity and beyond.

I didn't watch the presentation. Does the console have to stand up or can you also lay it flat on your shelf?

I don't really have the space to put the console here, if it has to be standing, also I have cats who love to knock stuff over in the apartment so this would be a huge problem for me. :LOL:

Anyway, unless S4 comes out, I'm not planning to buy another console before 2022 or 23. I still have quite a backlog on PS4 to play through, including the Yakuza 3 to 5 remasters and stuff like Sakura Wars. And there's still some meaty titles coming out on PS4 like Yakuza 7 and Trails of Cold Steel 4 so I guess I'll be good for another two or three years.
It can lay flat. My solution for you having it stand up, get rid of the damn cats (I can't stand the things).

Well they might have learned the lesson as Microsoft bought a lot of game developer studios. We will see in their not e3 event if they learned the lesson and can actually compete against sony this generation.

Nothing really memorable came out of any of their studios this gen if I'm being honest. The odd title or two, but that's it. Compared to Sony's studios, they were a fart in a hurricane.
Hellblade 2 is shaping up well from what I've seen so far, but let's hope that isn't the only good looking exclusive Series X gets for the first year. 343 Industries have confirmed that Halo Infinite will be coming to the Xbox One as well and that the Series X version will only run/look a bit better. As it stands, there's absolutely no reason to invest in the Series X at launch. Atleast the One had Dead Rising 3 and Ryse.

Nothing really memorable came out of any of their studios this gen if I'm being honest. The odd title or two, but that's it. Compared to Sony's studios, they were a fart in a hurricane.
Hellblade 2 is shaping up well from what I've seen so far, but let's hope that isn't the only good looking exclusive Series X gets for the first year.
Another problem they have is there games also come out on PC. I really wanted to play Cuphead and was at some point half-considering getting an Xbox for it and Horizon but never bothered as my crappy laptop could run the former no problem and it eventually came out for the Switch.

but it's going to be a bloody large console.

Certainly looks that way!

EaR1KTIWsAIGP2N.jpeg

Series X will have the better tech, but without the games, what's the point? If Microsoft can't get decent exclusives next gen that shows off that power... yeah, pointless. The 360 library was amazing, but the One really suffered.

PS5 isn't as powerful as far as I'm aware, but I'm pretty sure Sony will be backing it up with solid titles as per usual.

The specs don't really seem to mean much when it comes to real world performance. No matter how many more teraflops the Xbox has on paper, the PS5's main advantage seems to be how they will be utilising their custom SSDs to virtually eliminate load times. If what's coming out is true, then PS5 seems to have Xbox beat in this department. It's also meant to be incredibly easy to develop on, so that's at least a lesson Sony learned after the PS3.

It can lay flat. My solution for you having it stand up, get rid of the damn cats (I can't stand the things).
:ROFLMAO:
Haha, no thanks. I love cats. Also don't really have the space to have that thing standing in the way like that. Consoles belong flat on the shelf and that's that.

But like I said, this won't be an issue before 2022 so no worries.

Back