Project Update #105 Japan Expo 2019 Travelogue

Reading the comments, it's calmed down considerably (I made a couple of comments), but it could very well likely be that the e-mail never came in the inbox. I'd like to think that people have gotten the anger out of their system, but who am I kidding? It's the bloody internet for goodness sake.

Wow had no idea there was another update - the visuals were pretty enjoyable (especially that one of Lan Di, such a badass!), and I am glad they are finally moving on to a different topic.

Reading the comments, it's calmed down considerably (I made a couple of comments), but it could very well likely be that the e-mail never came in the inbox. I'd like to think that people have gotten the anger out of their system, but who am I kidding? It's the bloody internet for goodness sake.

That doesnt say a lot. Reddit and resetera and the steam forums are over active about refunds. This game is stained forever unfortunately. As much as i love the game. It was really sloppy of yu suzuki. We did not need this. Those tards always hated the game and now they have a good reason to argue.

That doesnt say a lot. Reddit and resetera and the steam forums are over active about refunds. This game is stained forever unfortunately. As much as i love the game. It was really sloppy of yu suzuki. We did not need this. Those tards always hated the game and now they have a good reason to argue.

I think most casual fans and gamers aren't even aware of the "controversies" that these knuckle-dragging, braindead morons keep plucking out of thin air to be honest.

When I discuss Shenmue with most of my gamer buddies, they aren't even aware of most of the "controversies" that have been going on.

Imagine crying over not getting lame pre-order DLC no one gives a fuck about. Or having to use a different launcher.

It's pretty pathetic really.

This is why I'm sick of kickstarters. Not because of the "controversies", but because of the toxic, entitled, bratty backers who incessantly whine and moan about every little thing, every single step of the way until the game is released and then they still bloody moan. I can't think of a single KS or crowd funded project I have backed that hasn't had moany, annoying backers attempting to destroy the project from the inside, because they think they're owed everything imaginable and more.

I
I think most casual fans and gamers aren't even aware of the "controversies" that these knuckle-dragging, braindead morons keep plucking out of thin air to be honest.

When I discuss Shenmue with most of my gamer buddies, they aren't even aware of most of the "controversies" that have been going on.

Imagine crying over not getting lame pre-order DLC no one gives a fuck about. Or having to use a different launcher.

It's pretty pathetic really.

This is why I'm sick of kickstarters. Not because of the "controversies", but because of the toxic, entitled, bratty backers who incessantly whine and moan about every little thing, every single step of the way until the game is released and then they still bloody moan. I can't think of a single KS or crowd funded project I have backed that hasn't had moany, annoying backers attempting to destroy the project from the inside, because they think they're owed everything imaginable and more.

Im on the neutral side. I do understand them. But we shouldnt lose track. The game looks good.

The problem was the lack of communication. I am absolutely sure that if yu suzuki asked kindly for epic because of a good reason such as safe costs. People would most certainly answer in the positive.

Now instead of that think of the horrible communication and then suddenly this.

Im not salty. But i feel others as well. But im really chill and im not worried too much. But all i can say it stained the game very much.

And sometimes i really think their department doesnt understand how simple most of us are. I would be so happy if they say ok you dont like epic but we will give you the season pass for that difficulty.

But who am i

It's nonsensical to think that, as a Kickstarter backer, I would be entitled to retail pre-order bonuses that weren't even conceived of until four years following the KS campaign. Shenmue's reputation among the vast majority of consumers is unaffected by the "stain" perpetuated by the disgruntled low-level industry insiders who populate Resetera. Consider this. Resetera is a forum that trades largely on a reputation for providing leaks that are picked up by various press outlets. Who would provide such leaks other than the professionals with the least amount of integrity? Therefore nothing that they argue about Shenmue is done in good faith. They are deeply dissatisfied with their own professional predicaments as low-tier workers in an exploitative environment and one thing they can do to feel validated is to try and sway press coverage. It's quite sad but I'll tell you one thing... the number of people they can reach is infinitesimal compared to say, Playstation kiosks in Walmarts.

Then stop people saying "it's just another launcher" when it isn't?
My reply above covers that too. People will argue to death over whether it is or isn't. As a result we all need to leave that by the by.

Theres the Epic v Steam topic if people want to compare etc. Otherwise, as a blanket rule the launcher discussion is now done.

I can't even understand the logic behind many of the comments on that update. Based on what I've seen, they're trying to make something out of nothing. I wish these people would get their refunds & disappear already!

Back