Project Update #105 Japan Expo 2019 Travelogue

4 years is not a long time for video games development.

Shenmue III actually took less than 4 years. Developpment started in early 2016.
People dont realize that the developpement perception for Shenmue III is completly biased since, for a Kickstarter game, it's often announced when the developpement didnt even started yet.

For the record, Bloodstained's Kickstarter was 1 month before Shenmue 3. Basically both games had the same period between announcement and release.

It took 4 years. And we can only hope he does'nt delay again. If that is the tempo of the game being made i can only fear the outcome. Most of us are probably around 35 years. Imagine waiting another 4 years? I allready lost interest in gaming. Theres a pace to be made. Ok its ok. Shenmue 3 took a while and that's ok. But shenmue 4 and 5 can most certainly not use this.

The original Shenmue took around four years to produce. Shenmue II was then done in half the time with twice the content.

The majority of development for Shenmue III will not need to be repeated, and Shenmue IV can be produced faster (and cheaper) using code, assets, and things learned generally, from Shenmue III.

The four year development time is not an issue. Sure, it's a little on the longer side for one game, but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing.

Shenmue III actually took less than 4 years. Developpment started in early 2016.
People dont realize that the developpement perception for Shenmue III is completly biased since, for a Kickstarter game, it's often announced when the developpement didnt even started yet.

For the record, Bloodstained's Kickstarter was 1 month before Shenmue 3. Basically both games had the same period between announcement and release.

Yeah, that's a very good point. I've said it before as well. It artificially increases the wait time, because usually games are announced long after development has already begun, but in the case of KS games they obviously have no choice but to announced them before they have even begun.

The original Shenmue took around four years to produce. Shenmue II was then done in half the time with twice the content.

The majority of development for Shenmue III will not need to be repeated, and Shenmue IV can be produced faster (and cheaper) using code, assets, and things learned generally, from Shenmue III.

The four year development time is not an issue. Sure, it's a little on the longer side for one game, but in the grand scheme of things it means nothing.

The original shenmue started in 1993. I red that in early days in sega2000. The first website to lean an early prototype of several sega's. It started as virtua fighter rpg. However vf rpg got cancelled and split in 2 scripts. Further to be developed for saturn as virtua quest and shenmue. That got cancelled again and worked from scratch. Shenmue has a long development and i respect that. It was a confidential early invention to the open world aspect

If you doubt this you can still cache old websites from PU. Even early ign had screenshots. This game was resetted a lot of times. Theres even an old footage of an early dreamcast version.

Virtua quest aka virtua fighter rpg came on ps2 and gamecube. Really good game a hidden gem that went completely under radar

Crap, forgot about his involvement with Virtua Striker. Sure, sucks there are no good simulation football games on Dreamcast, but even WW '98 and EA FIFA wasn't too hot back then (or even PES? Sensible never made leap to 3D?). Who needs sim footy when you've got effing Virtua Striker. God i love VS2 sooo much.

MVP Yukichan in Virtua Striker 2 were legendary:

MVP Yukichan in Virtua Striker 2 were legendary:

Still the best football franchise to me. Scoring a collective goal or achieving acrobatic technique in Virtua Striker was more satisfying than any PES or Fifa to date.

Crap, forgot about his involvement with Virtua Striker. Sure, sucks there are no good simulation football games on Dreamcast, but even WW '98 and EA FIFA wasn't too hot back then (or even PES? Sensible never made leap to 3D?). Who needs sim footy when you've got effing Virtua Striker. God i love VS2 sooo much.

One big part of wishing Shenmue 3+ were on Dreamcast was going beyond HangOn and OutRun. Maaaan i so badly wanted Power Drift and Enduro Racer!!!

90 MInutes is REALLY not a bad game, but I would probably give it an 8/10 at best.

Great presentation and controls.

Not at all DS!

Its a Soccer/Futbol game made by Smilebit, with great presentation and fun gameplay.

Released only for the DC in Europe, there may have been a J-League version released in Japan, though I'm not sure.

yeah, pretty sure it was PAL exclusive in name only; Smilebit released it as a J-League football game in Japan.

I still haven’t got this email. Hopefully this doesn’t become a sudden trend with their updates. That’s my only real worry at this point.

Back