Project Update #105 Japan Expo 2019 Travelogue

I can't even understand the logic behind many of the comments on that update. Based on what I've seen, they're trying to make something out of nothing. I wish these people would get their refunds & disappear already!

look

• epic unanounced
  • horrible inconsistent communication
  • several delays
  • people at e3 play the game before us
  • no dlc for us looking at other ks that give the dlc as well
  • pre order people get coins and what nots
  • epic cd is just a client
  • the updates that we did have in past were cgi placeholders or photoshops
  • other updates were just templates
  • yu suzuki's past isnt a good curriculum vitae either

as for me i am not gonna refund or yell like a mad man. but people make a case when they do and i understand them.
us being fans shouldnt let us go low to fanboyism. we are all people and on the neutral ground you find some enlightments that people do make a case
some are not even fans but just sega fans or just gamers who played this.
theres a lot of deviations and we should respect that.

what i find even worst that some of our fans are even telling people to go refund and go away. that's really just horrible
i always try to convince people that it is about the game and not the politics and ocassionally i convince them

I disagree with this completely.

Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter (1st 3d polygon fighting game), Outrun, Virtua Cop.

The list is pretty big. His CV speaks for itself in terms of development.

look

• epic unanounced
  • horrible inconsistent communication
  • several delays
  • people at e3 play the game before us
  • no dlc for us looking at other ks that give the dlc as well
  • pre order people get coins and what nots
  • epic cd is just a client
  • the updates that we did have in past were cgi placeholders or photoshops
  • other updates were just templates
as for me i am not gonna refund or yell like a mad man. but people make a case when they do and i understand them.
us being fans shouldnt let us go low to fanboyism. we are all people and on the neutral ground you find some enlightments that people do make a case
some are not even fans but just sega fans or just gamers who played this.
theres a lot of deviations and we should respect that.

what i find even worst that some of our fans are even telling people to go refund and go away. that's really just horrible
i always try to convince people that it is about the game and not the politics and ocassionally i convince them

If Yu Suzuki-sama didn’t exist, you wouldn’t have a Shenmue III to complain about...and your accusatory assumptions are just that...

what i find even worst that some of our fans are even telling people to go refund and go away.

i think normal discussions with normal people are totally fine, you can easily tell if someone wants to really discuss something
or if he just wants to scream that his oppinion is the only right one.
do we really have to talk to people who are raging on lets say a thread with 20 pages who are mad
just because Ryo cant wear a pre order jacket in their game?
thats where we stop the support of the whole game we waited for almost 20 years, because of a jacket and a move?
and on top of that we can read great comments like "f Yu Suzuki" "f them" "i hope Shenmue 3 will flop".
how about no thanks.

and we just have this one tiny information from that email, we have no idea what exclusive digital extras backers will get,
if maybe everyone will receive the Day One Edition bonus, or if the KS campaign support team simply doesnt know all the details of everything yet. that mail answer can still mean more than one thing.

but what are we doing in the internet? of course we just take this one information and scream at each other like cave men.

maxresdefault.jpg

sh_1.jpg

Enduro_Racer_-_1986_-_Sega.jpg

outrun_12.jpg

after-burner-ii_4.gif

tumblr_og5une2xcb1svmpf2o1_400-1200x720.jpg

sword-of-vermilion-02.png

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

38955-Rent_a_Hero_(Japan)-1.jpg

virtua-racing.png

2620766-8600126058-Virtu.jpg

2602800-5174314016-Dayto.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

fightingvipers2-screen2.png

Sonic-Rankings-32-Sonic-the-fighters.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

shenmue.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

His CV is a hell of a lot more impressive than mine.

One of the most famous game designers in history whose catalogue is often compred to the likes of Shigeru Miyamoto himself. Most of your statements made sense and one could agree with, yet the the thing about Suzuki's CV is the dumbest thing I've ever heard come out of this discussion.

The hell... Yu Suzuki doesn't have a good CV? Naming games he created aside, as I recall he was the first in the industry to make motion-controlled hydraulic arcade cabinets, the first to introduce non-linear racing games and the first to introduce 3D fighting games. I'm pretty confident many game developers would kill to have a CV like his.

Last edited:
This yamok guy is another troll. Yea, a pioneer of virtual reality has a bad CV. The reason you're even commenting here. Like seriously...

Last edited:
Crap, forgot about his involvement with Virtua Striker. Sure, sucks there are no good simulation football games on Dreamcast, but even WW '98 and EA FIFA wasn't too hot back then (or even PES? Sensible never made leap to 3D?). Who needs sim footy when you've got effing Virtua Striker. God i love VS2 sooo much.

One big part of wishing Shenmue 3+ were on Dreamcast was going beyond HangOn and OutRun. Maaaan i so badly wanted Power Drift and Enduro Racer!!!

This yamok guy is another troll. Yea, a pioneer of virtual reality has a bad CV. The reason you're even commenting here. Like seriously...
We'll see. The other stuff fair enough that's the persons opinion.

But the CV stuff is plain ridiculous

Also several delays. Well it could have come out unfinished... what would that have done for the game. Delays are better than an unfinished game.

Just making games/trends of play he thinks is cool has influenced your modern AAA giants such as Sony, Nintendo, SEGA, Microsoft, Rockstar, Namco, Capcom, Squaresoft/Enix the list goes on...

Also the only video game designer to land a permanent spot in the Smithsonian information technology category among 400+ other entries in its year.

Outside of the game industry...Celebs(Both east and west) and Hollywood also love and features his game-works in homage shots. (Terminator,MJ,Spielberg,etc).

Just Shenmue alone is a transformative works with tons of anecdotal evidence across the board. (Pilgrimages,Charity,Artistic inspirations culturally & some on pop-culture, etc.)

All to the beat of his own drum, not influenced by any of his other visionary peers nor does he even play games to get inspirations/ideas. He takes a look at a F355 Ferrari and made a game to simulate how kick-ass it looks/feels and now it's housed in the Ferrari museum.

The man is one of the few who is creatively untouchable if allowed to do his thing proper.

With that said, people need to stop harassing the master and let him do his work in peace. AJ/DS/Epic are at fault here PR wise so idk why people is throwing Yu under the bus even when a fan already took the trip to E3 to clarify that he has no part in the publishing screw up.

fyi the new images are finally on the .link site for best possible quality.

Yu Suzuki is a legendary creative director. Among the very best, like Miyamoto and Kojima.

What most people don't understand is that it takes more than one man to create a game and takes several more to polish it.

His CV as a video-game creative director is top notch. But as a business man, choosing who to hire, managing funds, managing PR, perhaps not so much because the man actually never done this job and we kinda forced him into it.

So im a troll because i participate in a forum politely?

His CV is killed by shenmue franchise and ferrari custom naomi 2 board. Doesnt mean i dont like the games. I pretty much love most of his games. I dislike space harrier tho. Never liked that one even on release.

You can't deny the money leech 65 mil shenmue 1 and 2. Or the special custom naomi 2 board that went for 500 mil. These are huge sums.

But i dont want to get into politics and administrations. One of the best games usually go bad due to politics. Look at legacy of kain. I love that one as well

Without derailing too much. You were really rude to me. All i'm saying is backers have all the right to be angry. Even tho i don't share that with them. But i know where the sentiment comes from. I'm not a fanboy. I'm a fan and want this game to succeed.

But ysnet and deep silver and epic realy make it easy to kill the game. I blame them all. Its their coup

Yu Suzuki is a legendary creative director. Among the very best, like Miyamoto and Kojima.

What most people don't understand is that it takes more than one man to create a game and takes several more to polish it.

His CV as a video-game creative director is top notch. But as a business man, choosing who to hire, managing funds, managing PR, perhaps not so much because the man actually never done this job and we kinda forced him into it.

Kojima was bad as well man tbh. He leeched konami dry. His mgsv zeroes wzs so short. And it took him so long to finish it. Even phantom pain people like to glorify it. I finished the game. It's obvious the game was brought out unfinished.

Now we have deep stranded or whatever the name on ps4. Surely that game is good cause the engine is established and it is now known how to use it

We'll see. The other stuff fair enough that's the persons opinion.

But the CV stuff is plain ridiculous

Also several delays. Well it could have come out unfinished... what would that have done for the game. Delays are better than an unfinished game.

It took 4 years. And we can only hope he does'nt delay again. If that is the tempo of the game being made i can only fear the outcome. Most of us are probably around 35 years. Imagine waiting another 4 years? I allready lost interest in gaming. Theres a pace to be made. Ok its ok. Shenmue 3 took a while and that's ok. But shenmue 4 and 5 can most certainly not use this.

Friendly ment man.

It took 4 years. And we can only hope he does'nt delay again. If that is the tempo of the game being made i can only fear the outcome. Most of us are probably around 35 years. Imagine waiting another 4 years? I allready lost interest in gaming. Theres a pace to be made. Ok its ok. Shenmue 3 took a while and that's ok. But shenmue 4 and 5 can most certainly not use this.

Friendly ment man.

No offense taken ?

People need to chill out. Everyone sounds like they are about to have a heart attack.

No offense taken ?

People need to chill out. Everyone sounds like they are about to have a heart attack.

Haha
Thx man,

It's what people usually do when you do things like this. If somethibg is really loved by a certain person with a certain character. He or she gets offended.

I'm just not the person to sugar coat things and keep it relative and neutral. I made it clear i want the game to succeed and i won't refund it. And i will even play it on epic with no bad feeling.

But that aside i understand people cause it is not what they signed for. I'm abdolutely sure if yu suzuki even told us and made a most votes win survey where he asks for epic. Guaranteed 90 percent would vote epic.

But when u fo things like this just leaves a bad aftertaste too many when you do not communicate.

I won't go on about it. This is a shenmue forum and i do not want to bring this into a negative spiral. Live and let live. If you lovr shenmue that's good.

Hope everyone here enjoys it :)

Back