Random Gaming Thoughts

My GOD Tomb Raider: TLR is an absolute dogshit port on Dreamcast. I was expecting 60fps crossgen excellence on par with Soul Reaver, Rayman 2, Shadowman etc but I don't think it even runs at a steady 30. It doesn't even have improved textures like those to boot. Call me petty but I don't even want to play it now.
im an autistic child.jpg

Restarted Alien Front Online instead and my god this game is so fucking cool. I think I love it more every time I play it.

Played a bit of FF7R. My first game in the franchise. Not bad so far, I'm digging it quite a bit.

Restarted Alien Front Online instead and my god this game is so fucking cool. I think I love it more every time I play it.

I love AFO so much! I got the single enemy (looks like a drone-type thing) tattooed on my Sega leg, I love the game so much lol

Primarily for the PlayStation gamers here, what finger do you use for the bumpers and triggers? I use my index finger for both the trigger and bumper but my brother uses his middle finger for the trigger and index finger for the bumper. Who's the weird one?

As UK is going into lockdown I am getting anxious about how I am going to get my PS5 - I pre-ordered in store...

I've also just sold my PS4 PRO (which if absolute need be I can cancel. But it seems GAME's Live Chat service is none existent anymore (n) So I'm going to pop in today with my Pre-order details and see what's what. I#ll pay an extra delivery charge if need be.

As UK is going into lockdown I am getting anxious about how I am going to get my PS5 - I pre-ordered in store...

I've also just sold my PS4 PRO (which if absolute need be I can cancel. But it seems GAME's Live Chat service is none existent anymore (n) So I'm going to pop in today with my Pre-order details and see what's what. I#ll pay an extra delivery charge if need be.
My local GAME tweeted saying they will be phoning customers tomorrow with what's going on/options.

Make sure your reward card is all up to date.

Hoping they go Click and Collect or delivery.

Last edited:
My local GAME tweeted saying they will be phoning customers tomorrow with what's going on/options.

Make sure you're reward card is all up to date.

Hoping they go Click and Collect or delivery.
Good point, I haven't been on GAME's online store for years I better check all that now!

Good point, I haven't been on GAME's online store for years I better check all that now!
If you do go in and ask let us know on here Haha. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things but with, in my view, lockdown likely to go an extra 2 weeks on top of the 4 weeks it would be nice to have the PS5.

with the things the way they are going i don't think im gonna get a chance to buy a ps5 till feb/march 2021.. which kinda makes me regret selling my ps4 ( sony has also stated they will keep making ps4 games till 2022).

Primarily for the PlayStation gamers here, what finger do you use for the bumpers and triggers? I use my index finger for both the trigger and bumper but my brother uses his middle finger for the trigger and index finger for the bumper. Who's the weird one?
with the official controller, i did use my index fingers only, which i prefer but i did own a nacon wired ps4 controller and due its shape (the L2/r2 buttons are angled) it kinda forced you to use both your index and middle finger on the r1/r2 buttons. not great but you get use to it.

My game called me today. I can pay for it all between now and weds and I can pick it up on the 19th between 8am and 2pm.

Can't fault that. If you don't pay the balance before lockdown then you can't collect it.

My game called me today. I can pay for it all between now and weds and I can pick it up on the 19th between 8am and 2pm.

Can't fault that. If you don't pay the balance before lockdown then you can't collect it.
Yeeah I went in - well went to the door and the chap asked if I could pay for it today and they said payments for the pre-order will go live tomorrow. Not happy that I have to go back again to do what I was happy to do today but I'm still going to have to.

Apparetly once paid they wil larrange to ship it to your door, so hopefully after tomorrow it's smooth sailing.

Someone got Metal Slug 6 running on Dreamcast.

For those that don't know, Metal Slug 6 was originally developed for Atomiswave. It's basically a Dreamcast arcade board like the Naomi, but uses cartridges only (Naomi used carts and discs).

I interchange, depending on feel/tiredness, but it's basically index for R1/L! and middle for R2/L2

You should see how I play Goldeneye on the N64 (I touched on this in either a previous thread or even earlier on this thread); I legit have 4-5 fingers going AT ONCE lol

A lot of people have been raving about the PS5 haptic feedback and adaptive triggers. If done correctly, especially the latter, I can see this being a significant improvement in controller design.

One thing I'm still disappointed with is the lack of significant change outside of the aforementioned and shape. Would have been great to have some back buttons on the controller for the middle or ring finger.

Ghost of Tsushima, in my opinion, sucks at mapping out buttons but having back buttons could have helped this significantly. Changing weapons and stances is too convoluted and the touch bad keeps getting in the way. They could have fitted back buttons and even two additional peripheral face buttons similar to the Xbox Duke Black and white buttons. The

Back