OP
BruceWayne911

BruceWayne911

Arm Break Fire (➡️⬅️⬅️ 👐)
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Two more weeks and I'll be able to enjoy the anime in its entirety. Can't wait to binge.

The "White Thai" in episode 10 just only means the name of the organization or just means the organization is group by white man in ThaiLand.
The Japanese voice sounds like "White Man in Thailand", but in English Sub just simply shows "White Thai".
I was confused by the Japan Dub and English Sub.

All these good ratings and claims of Shenmue Anime trending on Twitter, yet I practically can't find people talking about it when I search "Shenmue"... Aside from Shenmue fan accounts.

Am I bad at searching or is there something skewing these ratings?

SplashBreeze

Guest Blog Writer
Favourite title
Shenmue
All these good ratings and claims of Shenmue Anime trending on Twitter, yet I practically can't find people talking about it when I search "Shenmue"... Aside from Shenmue fan accounts.

Am I bad at searching or is there something skewing these ratings?
Are you looking at top or latest tweets? You pretty much need to be scanning the latest tweets when a new episode drops to see all the people live tweeting it. They are the ones making Shenmue and Toonami trend.

Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Ghost of Tsushima
PSN
mjqjazzbar

I see it's available in Japan on this site and there are some user reviews. Perhaps this site has some sort of chart or viewer stats? It's a Yahoo site.

Ah, here. #21 right now.

Last edited:
Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Ghost of Tsushima
PSN
mjqjazzbar
Moved up a spot. Because of us, of course.

One thing is I kind of wish the fights were a little more fleshed out. For a show about martial arts the fights are kind of fast/short. A lot of anime that focuses on martial arts are really more about the fighting than the story. I get that Shenmue is different but it would be nicer if it was a bit more balanced

bcdcdude

Dude with tweed :)
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
PSN
bcdcdude
Steam
bcdcdude

All The Anime are a brilliant UK based Anime company (they released Your Name, Violet Evergarden, Gundam etc). I've used their questionnaire as an opportunity to ask them to release Shenmue on blu-ray!