Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Big question remains...will Shenmue III get hit with a delay? If Doom Eternal got hit with a delay then anything is possible ;)

(personally, I don’t think it will but weirder things have happened...if it did get one final last minute delay, would you be okay with it?)

If it gets delayed into 2020 it's all over. Q1 2020 is fucking insane right now. Q1 is the new Q4 !

You have Doom, Last of Us Part II , Final Fantasy 7, Watch Dogs, Yakuza Remastered Collection, and Cyberpunk in April

if the November date holds firm then it was a unintentional genius move by Deep Silver

I just can't see it . Yu has been saying the game has been finished for months and they were polishing and if they are showing DLC screen the main game must be 99% done.

If it gets delayed into 2020 it's all over. Q1 2020 is fucking insane right now. Q1 is the new Q4 !

You have Doom, Last of Us Part II , Final Fantasy 7, Watch Dogs, Yakuza Remastered Collection, and Cyberpunk in April

if the November date holds firm then it was a unintentional genius move by Deep Silver

I just can't see it . Yu has been saying the game has been finished for months and they were polishing and if they are showing DLC screen the main game must be 99% done.

At most, Shenmue 3 could afford a 4 week delay, putting the release one week before Christmas. I wouldn't want to see Shenmue slip more than a month though.

Cedric’s “we’re less than 2 months away from release date” tweet last month was enough to confirm to me that it most likely will make its date this time...so I’m not too worried about it getting a delay.

I think the evidence is all there and pointing towards that November 19th date...so like I said, I really doubt it will get one last minute delay...unless they come across something completely game breaking bug wise. Then it might get slipped back a month or so. But I doubt it.

It will be delayed by one day so they can add the 36 GB day one patch on the disc

Hah. Seems the nerves are setting in for some now, eh?

I don't blame you. Shenmue III is well within reach now, with just over 40 days left until release. Nobody really wants it snatched away again, and especially not this close. Ys Net have shown over and over that they use additional time productively though, so surely none of us would be too sad if the unthinkable happens - knowing that the end product is better even by just a little bit.

But it's profoundly unlikely in any case.

Doom Eternal which was scheduled for release on November 22nd has been delayed until March 20th 2020 now.

Quite worrisome that a game coming out very close to Shenmue 3 can be delayed so close to release like this so let's hope the same doesn't happen to Shenmue 3.

Noooooo! I was so hyped for Doom Eternal :(

Also, I'm annoyed the Switch version has been delayed even further.

God damnit. Doom 64 hasn't been delayed too has it?

This better not happen to Shenmue 3! To be fair, I was worried about Doom Eternal. Just like before August when Shenmue 3 was delayed, there was very little information and marketing happening with Doom. I still think Shenmue 3 is more than safe.

Edit: Wait, wtf? Did they also delay Doom 64 just so they could add it as a preorder bonus!? The fucking cunts. Doom 64 is one of my favourite games ever. I was hyped as fuck for the remaster/HD port!

So I'm playing Metro 2033 Redux (it was free on Epic Store the other week) on Very High, 1080p, 60FPS.... And I notice that their eyes suffer from Early Shenmue III Eye Syndrome or ESES where the eyes look all robotic because their pupils don't move at all. Yet I have never seen anyone complain about it, even if it is in the final game.

Shenmue III stopped with its ESES sometime this year, yet people still complain about it. So WHY does everyone single out Shenmue? I don't understand.

Also, overall, Shenmue III looks way, way better overall. I think the art direction does it.

Yeah I think that just helps Shenmue if it doesn't get delayed again, but Death stranding is the real adversary cause its gonna be the center of attention for a good while regardless if its a masterpiece of a flop.

I mean I'm just getting both but not everyone has that money.

So I'm playing Metro 2033 Redux (it was free on Epic Store the other week) on Very High, 1080p, 60FPS.... And I notice that their eyes suffer from Early Shenmue III Eye Syndrome or ESES where the eyes look all robotic because their pupils don't move at all. Yet I have never seen anyone complain about it, even if it is in the final game.

Shenmue III stopped with its ESES sometime this year, yet people still complain about it. So WHY does everyone single out Shenmue? I don't understand.

Also, overall, Shenmue III looks way, way better overall. I think the art direction does it.
I mean metro is pushing 10 years old now so not the greatest comparison especially when the 2 sequels are gorgeous, I also think they were all made in incredibly low budgets which makes me super happy that their team is a success story, I heard stories of how the first game was made without heating in their building for good chunks of development. It absolutely was a game they believed in. Like their budget for 2033 had to be borderline non exsistent going off of how its much higher budget sequel had this to show for it

yeah. and now Red Dead 2 on pc on November 5th!
Damn those guys lol. They could show some respect to Suzuki sama.

But shenmue 3 wont be too affected by those games imo.
There ia a gap of 11 days between DS and Shenmue3. More than enough to the F-ing nerds who play every single game to finish it and give Shenmue 3 a chance. 2 weekends in between seems enough I think.

Last edited:
Back