Random Shenmue III Thoughts

If you look at the tropy list and click on the DLC Story Quest.......... Some people (0.1%) have all the trophies in there. :unsure:

Bild, the biggest daily newspaper in Germany, is doing a Shenmue 3 give away.
Its a Playstation 4 Pro in a Shenmue 3 design + controller + the S3 CE.
But its only for subscribers of their premium service which is 4€ a month.
(their premium subscriber community is the biggest community in all of EU)

5,w=993,q=high,c=0.bild.jpg

I went to different stores my first four times around lol. That was the last one left and it finally provided a clue as to what I was doing wrong.
I ended up finally getting it at the karate shop at the bottom of Senary Road, which at the time, I thought was scripted.

All of the other store keepers are clearly very knowledgeable about Kung Fu, but that dude doesn’t have a clue and gave ridiculous responses to each of my (as it turned out, correct) guesses. Then, suddenly he cranked out the ‘Oh actually, I read about it in a book’ line.

I genuinely thought that it was an attempt at humor from the devs and, to be fair, found it quite funny. A little disappointed to find out that this was chance and that the key to progression was actually guessing the correct animals from the on screen animations.

Ok, how many fucking martial arts shops do I have to visit to work out what fucking animal style Mr Muscles is using?

I don't even know what Ryo is fucking yapping about. He looks nothing like any animals. He's just waving his limbs around like a muppet.

haha

The game did say eventually that Xin Yi Liu He Quan style focuses on the '10 spirit animals'

This is a true but odd way of putting it.

Unlike Shaolin 5 animal form, Monkey fist, Seven Star Praying Mantis, Eagle Claw, and Tiger Claw, which do visually mimic animal movements, Xin Yi Liu He Quan emphasis on capturing the 'spirit' of that animal, much like they (and Xin Yi Quan) captured the spirit of using a spear (linear motion with spiraling circular motion), meaning, it wont necessarily try to correctly mimic said animal but the idea or concept of what that animal does if that helps. They even do that with the elements which are also incorporated into the style.
Like when they say Earth, its typically a strike or block aiming low.

Bild, the biggest daily newspaper in Germany, is doing a Shenmue 3 give away.
Its a Playstation 4 Pro in a Shenmue 3 design + controller + the S3 CE.
But its only for subscribers of their premium service which is 4€ a month.
(their premium subscriber community is the biggest community in all of EU)

5,w=993,q=high,c=0.bild.jpg
I am fucking in love

<- My face when thinking about the fact that there might not be a Shenmue IV. I still think it could happen... But it might not. :(

I loved the ending and the epicness leading up to it. Seems I'm the only one. Oh well.

<- My face when thinking about the fact that there might not be a Shenmue IV. I still think it could happen... But it might not. :(

I loved the ending and the epicness leading up to it. Seems I'm the only one. Oh well.

You're not.

I liked how I realized
thats -not- the Great Wall (but one of its abandoned remnants further south of the Great Wall. I actually learned this from playing Dynasty Warriors 9 lol)

I've seen at least two other people say they like it as well. One being @Down by Law, and the other guy I forget. The other guy said he thought the ending was better than the S1 ending, which I absolutely adored, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I've seen at least two other people say they like it as well. One being @Down by Law, and the other guy I forget. The other guy said he thought the ending was better than the S1 ending, which I absolutely adored, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'd say i agree with that. It was better than the Shenmue I ending for sure. Let's just say that the implications of the ending to 3 are... Quite special.

Not sure it's as captivating as the ending to II. But it left me with the exact same feeling of withdrawals for more and being uncertain if I'd ever get that dose.

Back