Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I do wonder what's going on at YS Net. It's been about five months since release, over a month since the final DLC...if IV hasn't been greenlit (and it sounds like it hasn't based on Cedric's Q&A) then most of the staff must've moved on to other things. I bet most of the people who worked at YS Net were contracted for SIII only, not to mention the whole coronavirus thing.

The only other scenarios I can think of that would've stopped the team from disbanding by now is they've got contract work (making other people's games doesn't seem very Yu Suzuki, but you never know), or they're working on an Xbox port/preparing Steam features.

Unless I'm mistaken, we haven't seen inside YS Net, or had any real interviews or word from YS -- even just talking about the reception of SIII -- since release really?
They are quiet because they are negotiating with Phil Spencer to become part of Microsoft studios.

Of course, it is a joke, but hey sillier rumors have been around like the sega one.

>be me
>given the great responsibility of guarding my village
>most days are snoozefest.mpeg
>rock an awesome looking pole weapon in case shit goes down
>one night, two scary foreigners burst into my home

Shenmue 3 Screenshot 2020.04.30 - 17.06.35.08.png

Seriously, what are these guys doing???

I just got my Shenmue III platinum on Shenmue day!!! :D

I waited for all DLCs to be released before starting a second playthrough, because I want to avoid getting tired of the game as much as possible. With all the new content, along with the patches that came after I finished, the game has a new life and I'm having a lot of fun. I have also been discovering many things that I didn't see the first time, which is very cool!

The only thing I didn't like to do was that damn fishing trophy, but it's already in the past, I won't think about it anymore!

I have some Trophies left to unlock on the Merry Cruise DLC, but I think I don't want to do them now because then I will have some more Shenmue stuff pending to do until we know something about IV.

I would love to start it again, but I think I am going to wait until the Steam release and the platinum all three games on PC

I have some Trophies left to unlock on the Merry Cruise DLC, but I think I don't want to do them now because then I will have some more Shenmue stuff pending to do until we know something about IV.

I would love to start it again, but I think I am going to wait until the Steam release and the platinum all three games on PC

Yes, that's a good thing to do.

Unlike the previous games, this one doesn’t have such a branched narrative, making successive playthroughs very similar. It can easily become boring, and nobody wants that!

I'm also hoping to, someday, play it on PS5 via backwards compatibility. As the game has unlocked framerate, it may improve a lot even without any patch.

I just got my Shenmue III platinum on Shenmue day!!! :D

I waited for all DLCs to be released before starting a second playthrough, because I want to avoid getting tired of the game as much as possible. With all the new content, along with the patches that came after I finished, the game has a new life and I'm having a lot of fun. I have also been discovering many things that I didn't see the first time, which is very cool!

The only thing I didn't like to do was that damn fishing trophy, but it's already in the past, I won't think about it anymore!

I also got my Shenmue III platinum on may 4th! Today I got my last trophies for the DLC, so I've got all the Shenmue III + DLC trophies now. :D

I'm on my second play through now mostly to finally check out the DLC, but also to forget that I'm cooped up in my apartment. Turns out that the atmosphere of Bailu Village is just wonderful right now.

I'm stunned at how much new stuff I'm learning about the village and villagers that I totally missed my first time through(and I spent over an in game months there the first time)! Like who's related to who, who are the newer residents vs older families, where everyone lives, what their aspirations are, and what they think of each other all come out the more I talk to them.

I also somehow missed that two out of the three ema racks at Man Yuan Temple are from the villagers and not from backers, and I lived getting to read all the messages this time!

And my favorite new thing I learned so far is:
This is probably known by most people by now, but spoilers just in case. I used the names that villagers signed on their ema at the temple to finally figure out who's names are posted on the wall at Martial Hall, and the results were very enlightening.

As you could probably guess, the Master level names are Grandmaster Feng and also Sun.

The six names below them are of children. Some from the group practicing in the village Square, and some from the sunflower grove group.

On the left side at 1st duan are red tiger,and the lazy guards Wang Shiren and Liu Datong(I find this very funny)

At 2nd duan with black tiger is xuan the bookie as we know and Lei Mingyang(our "rival" for shenhua.

At 3rd duan with blue tiger is Wei Zhen.

At 4th duan with white tiger are Su Zixiong(better than I expected!) And... Kong Mei from the Panda Market General store!?!

It turns out that the movie poster in Kong Mei's shop that looks like Wei Zhen is actually a young Kong Mei! Wei Zhen is attempting to emulate her!That gives some extra depth to things Kong Mei says (like the way she wistfully talks about not having seen Feng in ages, or her ema about wanting her grandson to grow strong and take over the school.

Back