Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I'm just catching up on the last few pages here. About the voice direction in S3: I'd say the end result is just a mixture of your typical exaggerated, larger-than-life anime-style dub, and some sloppy (likely done on the cheap) localisation. I don't think there's much more to it than that. I don't even think it's that bad...it's way better than the original dubs, at the very least.

Wow. This one is a lot more reminiscent of the actual man mo temple than the one that we got in Shenmue 2. I wonder why they changed it?

View attachment 10261
My guess: too many polygons. Maybe even because of the flicker that would've caused due to the game's complete lack of AA.

I've been saving Corey's streaming VODs for a rainy day, as it's hard for me to watch him live. Should be good!

Unfortunately Joel was contacted by Deep Silver's lawyers for not using 2017 promo art for all the characters. Sad times... :LOL:
What? I don't remember that happening lol.
Had 3 or 4 dojo emmbers sending me pictures of the posters on walls all over the world.
I myself glue 30 or 40 of them on street walls. Including this one that shows some gameplay and features screenshots.👇👇

Shenmue3 Features poster PT.jpg

Is Shenhua connected to the legendary Huangdi, the Yellow Emperor of China?

As Lan Di is a member of the organisation that seeks to revive Chi You, it makes sense to make that she has some kind of connection to Chi You's erstwhile rival, Huangdi.
[/QUOTE]
Probably; but there isn't any strong indication that they are related; but from the cutscenes in Shenmue 2 and some promotional pictures of Shenhua and the Shenmue Online trailer; they seem to point out that she may be a descendant of some Imperial family; probably the Qing dynasty which is the one related with the mirrors and the legend told by Yuanda Zhu; but on the other hand there may also be some connection between her and Chiyou due to the Shenmue 2 bad ending and her telepatic powers.
Let us hope that we get Shenmue 4 and some answers with it as well.

I believe that Huangdi is indelible to Yu Suzuki's saga of Shenmue - as the Yellow Emperor was the one who originally vanquished Chi You.

Incidentally, Huangdi's death lead to his evolvement into becoming the being which presided over the Four Heavenly Kings: the Yellow Dragon, which is associated with the earth.

Shenhua dons yellow clothing and seems to commune with nature. Mayhap she is a human representation of the Yellow Dragon, as Lan Di assumed the role of the Azure Dragon?

I believe that Huangdi is indelible to Yu Suzuki's saga of Shenmue - as the Yellow Emperor was the one who originally vanquished Chi You.

Incidentally, Huangdi's death lead to his evolvement into becoming the being which presided over the Four Heavenly Kings: the Yellow Dragon, which is associated with the earth.

Shenhua dons yellow clothing and seems to commune with nature. Mayhap she is a human representation of the Yellow Dragon, as Lan Di assumed the role of the Azure Dragon?
That's a good theory :D. I believe she a direct descendant of the Imperial family due to her mysterious background and special powers and I also believe this will be one of the big revelations of Shenmue IV.

Corey said today on facebook he will have a sega related announcement on his twitch live stream!

he said it's not Shenmue 4. I guess I'm gonna have to watch his stream to find out. Unless someone else beats me to it.

The bad ending for this game could be used as an example to demonstrate that the supernatural elements in the game have been toned down a little, especially in regard to Shenhua's 'powers'. In the bad ending of S2, Lan Di states that he will take Shenhua's power for the chiyoumen but in this game, he turns and walks away from her after killing Ryo and taking the mirror. :/

Back