Random Shenmue III Thoughts

This is a post for those who still believe we haven't seen any gameplay of Shenmue 3.

First off, the Horse Stance minigame

Two examples of the combat system

Finally the one inch punch training minigame.

Don't know why I have to point this out because it's so blatantly obvious. But for those who say we've haven't seen any gameplay for Shenmue 3 that is a flat out lie. Maybe you didn't like the amount we got but that doesn't mean we haven't gotten any.

Last edited:
Maybe you didn't like the amount we got but that doesn't mean we haven't gotten any.
On this point too - we know Yu Suzuki fought for the ability to have gameplay clips shown at MAGIC, and even then it was trimmed down from his original intention.

It blows my mind a little when people accuse Ys Net of hiding the game when they're chomping at the bit to show more. People need to learn the difference between actually hiding something... and being at the publisher's discretion.

Pretty regularly it feels like we get examples of games we see loads and loads of, but are a mess when they actually release. It means fuck all~

This is a post for those who still believe we haven't seen any gameplay of Shenmue 3.

First off, the Horse Stance minigame
View attachment 2921

Two examples of the combat system

View attachment 2922
View attachment 2923

Finally the one inch punch training minigame.
View attachment 2924

Don't know why I have to point this out because it's so blatantly obvious. But for those who say we've seen any gameplay for Shenmue 3 that is a flat out lie. Maybe you didn't like the amount we got but that doesn't mean we haven't gotten any.
You're right.
Pople normaly say that with Ryo walking in mind. tho.
I guess that's why they're complaining.
They want to see Ryo walking with all the UI and stuff. Something less edited.

The real question now is....
Will this 3 month delay allow for some racing snails to sneak in last minute?
Or team up with Sega for a save transfer patch? More likely if HD reissue's get another budget increase for ports to Switch+subsequent multiplatform patch... presumably.....

Given the delay; think it's possible they could record any new music for the game?

As much as I love the familiar themes, I'd be absolutely curious to see what new could be recorded for Shenmue III....I know there is music we haven't heard yet that will be in the game. But I kind of want some new themes written specifically for Shenmue III as well.

Not sure where I posted it, but it seems that we got our answer(at least mine) that the ol' Angry Video Game Nerd does actually think Shenmue is a good game.

In his Return to Superman 64 video, posted June 5th, Shenmue can be seen at the end amidst the "good innocent games" on his shelf.

This is the second time it has shown up in his videos, Shenmue III showed up also in the magazine one..

I'd love to see James play it, even if his character riffs on it. Or maybe on the James and Mike Mondays series. It would generate some good exposure for the series leading up to 3, even if its spoofed.

Not sure where I posted it, but it seems that we got our answer(at least mine) that the ol' Angry Video Game Nerd does actually think Shenmue is a good game.

In his Return to Superman 64 video, posted June 5th, Shenmue can be seen at the end amidst the "good innocent games" on his shelf.

This is the second time it has shown up in his videos, Shenmue III showed up also in the magazine one..

I'd love to see James play it, even if his character riffs on it. Or maybe on the James and Mike Mondays series. It would generate some good exposure for the series leading up to 3, even if its spoofed.
Here's a timestamped link if anyone is interested:

Back