Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I’m still in disbelief of the fact that we not only received the HD remakes of Shenmue but also the long awaited true Shenmue 3 sequel. Sometimes I just can’t wrap my head around it.

Back in 2005 when there wasn’t the slightest glimpse of hope for the third game and the only talk of Shenmue was the extraneous Shenmue online game, I would have never believed that this day would eventually come.

And here we are, just two weeks away from playing part 3. Life is strange in that regard, surreal, almost like a dream at times.

I haven’t played the remakes yet, nor have I ever played the first game. My introduction to the series came by way of the Xbox. In fact the last time I picked up a controller to play Shenmue was 15 years ago. The game I’ve mostly forgotten, even the memory of the emotions I experienced have long past. Yet, the impact that the game made must have been so profound for me that I still feel this subconcious yearning for the third game, not unlike encoded DNA which becomes ones innate driving force.

This wait has been a long one. There is a solidarity among Shenmue 3 fans, each of us impacted by this game that few others will understand - of why we come go these forums day in and out, of why we fought for the third game for all these years, of why we defend it against detractors.

It’s a bittersweet feeling I suppose as launch day approaches. As one journey ends a new one begins. And so onward we will go to fight for the 4th game - even if we may have to wait for awhile. :)

I’m still in disbelief of the fact that we not only received the HD remakes of Shenmue but also the long awaited true Shenmue 3 sequel. Sometimes I just can’t wrap my head around it.

Back in 2005 when there wasn’t the slightest glimpse of hope for the third game and the only talk of Shenmue was the extraneous Shenmue online game, I would have never believed that this day would eventually come.

And here we are, just two weeks away from playing part 3. Life is strange in that regard, surreal, almost like a dream at times.

I haven’t played the remakes yet, nor have I ever played the first game. My introduction to the series came by way of the Xbox. In fact the last time I picked up a controller to play Shenmue was 15 years ago. The game I’ve mostly forgotten, even the memory of the emotions I experienced have long past. Yet, the impact that the game made must have been so profound for me that I still feel this subconcious yearning for the third game, not unlike encoded DNA which becomes ones innate driving force.

This wait has been a long one. There is a solidarity among Shenmue 3 fans, each of us impacted by this game that few others will understand - of why we come go these forums day in and out, of why we fought for the third game for all these years, of why we defend it against detractors.

It’s a bittersweet feeling I suppose as launch day approaches. As one journey ends a new one begins. And so onward we will go to fight for the 4th game - even if we may have to wait for awhile. :)
Did I read this correctly? You've never, to this day, played the original Shenmue?

Alright guys this is it. The wait is over.

How do you feel about this? Crying? Calmly? Totally shock? Not-believe-until-I-see-this-could-be-a-massive-troll-of-Yu-Suzuki?

That’s correct, I’ve never played it.

Shenmue 2X had a full story recap disc of the first game though.
You MUST play Shenmue 1 prior to playing Shenmue 3. Not doing so would a grave sin that only the pope could absolve!

Back