Random Shenmue III Thoughts

The more I play the Battle Rally mini game the more I love it. I am really starting to see the strengths of this new combat system that Suzuki has implemented. While it could use some tweaks (like adding move properties, parries, throws, etc.) I could definitely be content with this combat system moving forward if its improved upon.

Shenmue Shenhua mini disc
Shenmue 1&2 Remastered Promo Disc- XBOX One
Shenmue Shenhua Christmas Card w/ envelope
Shenhua Figurine
Sealed Shenmue 1 Japanese Sample Version
Shenmue 1 THE WHITE LABELS😎😈(thanks @24Nathan)

Numerous Shenmue Magazines (EDGE magazine Shenmue variant 7/20)

20200123_184548.jpg

20200120_142245.jpg

20200120_142226.jpg

20200123_184723.jpg

20200123_184801.jpg

20200123_184914.jpg

20200123_184948.jpg

The more I play the Battle Rally mini game the more I love it. I am really starting to see the strengths of this new combat system that Suzuki has implemented. While it could use some tweaks (like adding move properties, parries, throws, etc.) I could definitely be content with this combat system moving forward if its improved upon.

What are the strengths in your opinion?

I first thought it was IRL.

This looks fantastic!
I liked Niaowu in Shenmue 3 for the most part, but there were so many out of place buildings and locations it killed the authenticity.

I don't think the world design killed the authenticity but rather the unbalance with NPCs at most places. Both temples were -absolutely- deserted for example. Lack of dialogues/valuable characters was also a missed opportunity to give the city some sort of history or intimate memories (e.g. the Fangmei & Xiying's orphanage in Hong Kong).

Last edited:

Ys Net needs to hire this person

Beautiful environment, but frankly that’s probably the aspect of Shenmue 3’s visuals that were the most impressive. I thought the environmental design was solid, it just needed more wear and tear to simulate the amazing attention to detail in the original and as someone mentioned more natural flow of traffic and pedestrians to make those areas more aligned and lived in.

What are the strengths in your opinion?

Maybe it is just me, but in the Battle Rally the combat feels somewhat faster and more fluid. In the main game, the combat is not bad as it has the basic fundamentals, like how the Elbow Assault causes a decent amount of hit stun. However, it needs further refinement adding in throws, parries, counters, and more fluid animation would be a start.

The logic is if it bombed hard they wouldn't be doing any marketing work now. It must have done something for them to continue supporting it.

I was wondering the same thing. Do you think this is a good sign that Epic might help support Shenmue 4? Do we have any offical sales numbers for Shenmue 3 on Epic?

I was wondering the same thing. Do you think this is a good sign that Epic might help support Shenmue 4? Do we have any offical sales numbers for Shenmue 3 on Epic?
Nothing official yet. It's been surmised that it's not sold well on Epic but we've zero concrete evidence of that.

The logic is if it bombed hard they wouldn't be doing any marketing work now. It must have done something for them to continue supporting it.

The logic is that they paid for a lot of copies in advance. They don't want those to be sitting "on shelves". Normally in a digital market, you don't have to care about unsold. But in the case of pre-paying copies, you want to get your investment back, which Epic is seeking to do.

Epic didn't support Shenmue 3. Epic supported Deep Silver, like they did for other Deep Silver releases. They won't fund nor pay for Shenmue 4.

The logic is that they paid for a lot of copies in advance. They don't want those to be sitting "on shelves". Normally in a digital market, you don't have to care about unsold. But in the case of pre-paying copies, you want to get your investment back, which Epic is seeking to do.

Epic didn't support Shenmue 3. Epic supported Deep Silver, like they did for other Deep Silver releases. They won't fund nor pay for Shenmue 4.

I stand corrected...do you think Epic Games will negotiate the same deal or better for Shenmue 4?

Someone's shown his Dreamcast collection on Dreamcast Reddit.
ljal75too6d41.jpg

Back