Shenmue 3 Collectors Editions. Where to Buy

Interesting how there there are apparently only 5,000 on the collector's editions in Europe as well. No wonder retailers have been selling out so quickly.
There must be more than that? It could be me talking rubbish but Amazon UK have had it on sale for days, consistently in the top 10 across all formats and it's not sold out.

So I'd presume there are more of them in the EU than 5000. Just a guess though.

There must be more than that? It could be me talking rubbish but Amazon UK have had it on sale for days, consistently in the top 10 across all formats and it's not sold out.

So I'd presume there are more of them in the EU than 5000. Just a guess though.
I'd agree, I can't see it being that low myself. Just going on what that Tweet from the Limited Run guy said. They will surely run through their US allocation in no time.

I'd agree, I can't see it being that low myself. Just going on what that Tweet from the Limited Run guy said. They will surely run through their US allocation in no time.
Yeah that will be gone in minutes.

i think that 5000 number is more of a advertisment for the Limited Run Edition.
if they really have a special object, i can understand if they only have 5000 copies.
but i think the 5000 number does not apply to the normal CE.
i mean all of the Shenmue 3 CE articles are about Limited Run, like thats the only way to get a CE.
and we already know that its not true. so i believe its 5000 for the special Limited Run CE
but its way more for the standard CE.

No way is there only 5,000 in Europe. It has been available to pre-order for days on Amazon.co.uk and ShopTo and those are just two UK retailers. Then there's all the others like 365Games, SimplyGames and any others here in the UK, plus all the ones in other countries in Europe.

I think the 5,000 thing is just LRG in North America.

No way is there only 5,000 in Europe. It has been available to pre-order for days on Amazon.co.uk and ShopTo and those are just two UK retailers. Then there's all the others like 365Games, SimplyGames and any others here in the UK, plus all the ones in other countries in Europe.

I think the 5,000 thing is just LRG in North America.

I agree. I only put in my pre-order on Amazon UK yesterday and the listing has been up for days.

Then again, LRG has to market it as a limited run, don't they? That's their whole schtick.

I thought it was also available at Walmart and BestBuy in the US?

Does anybody know if backers will receive Shenmue 3 early or will games and rewards be shipped out after Nov 19th?

Don't know if there's been an official statement, but going on past Kickstarter experiences, there will probably be a colossal logistical screw-up and backers will not get their stuff until after those who bought at retail - cue lots of moaning, complaining, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Then again, sometimes all comes good and backers DO get the game first. For the sake of goodwill, I've got my fingers crossed that this happens for Shenmue 3.

Its available at GAME to pre order. 69.99.
OP Updated. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't know if there's been an official statement, but going on past Kickstarter experiences, there will probably be a colossal logistical screw-up and backers will not get their stuff until after those who bought at retail - cue lots of moaning, complaining, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Then again, sometimes all comes good and backers DO get the game first. For the sake of goodwill, I've got my fingers crossed that this happens for Shenmue 3.
It is common knowledge that Kickstarter stuff is always late, though as you say some will use this as another reason to be upset. Hopefully they have the logistics worked out so we get the game and rewards on time. Sometimes they will ship the game first then physical rewards after. That's also fine by me.

Bloodstained have issued games to backers on time (in fact, some got it a day or two early), but other rewards will be shipped separately. Fangamer have also used local distributors for backers as well, so they don't get held up in customs or delayed. That said, for those of us in Europe and some other countries, they are sending the 'backer exclusive slip case' separately and those are coming centrally from Fangamer in America, so they're warning people they may need to pay customs and import fees... for a bloody cardboard slip case... hopefully it's just a warning though and most people won't. It depends on the country's rules on importing.

Thanks! Both of these have been added to the OP.

Shenmue Collecter's Edition is available again to pre-order on Amazon Italy.

Hmm, I'm still seeing it as out of stock here oddly.

Man, eff limited run games. This is getting frustrating seeing everyone else get their pre-orders in while we in North America have to sit here and be last. I want to just order the damn thing and not have to race to try to catch one.

Man, eff limited run games. This is getting frustrating seeing everyone else get their pre-orders in while we in North America have to sit here and be last. I want to just order the damn thing and not have to race to try to catch one.

Why? The game is not out until November. It doesn't really matter when people pre-order.

I get your frustration about having to race to get one on Limited Run Games though, but honestly it's not too bad. I've got plenty from them before and have only been unable to pick up one game due to selling out instantly. At least you guys will get an exclusive bonus item.

At least you guys will get an exclusive bonus item.
Don't even know what it is so I'm not expecting anything special.

Would just prefer a normal pre-order option for collector's edition instead of having to try to anticipate when it will be posted. I did follow them on twitter and signed up for their newsletter, but I work a 12 hour shift on my work days that often goes to 13 or 14 hours, so I'll miss both of their posting times of 10am and 4pm if I happen to be at work that day. I've seen some of you guys say maybe the 4000 units might be fake, but there's no certainty so I'd like the option to just order it and move on.

Back