Shenmue 3 Collectors Editions. Where to Buy

Don't even know what it is so I'm not expecting anything special.

Would just prefer a normal pre-order option for collector's edition instead of having to try to anticipate when it will be posted. I did follow them on twitter and signed up for their newsletter, but I work a 12 hour shift on my work days that often goes to 13 or 14 hours, so I'll miss both of their posting times of 10am and 4pm if I happen to be at work that day. I've seen some of you guys say maybe the 4000 units might be fake, but there's no certainty so I'd like the option to just order it and move on.

The numbers won't be fake for LRG unfortunately. We were just speculating those numbers must be incorrect for Europe, if anyone even did try to claim there's only 4,000 in each region.

Yeah, I can empathise with that to be fair. It'll suck if you missed it because of work. You got anyone who might be able to help out to try to order one for you? Or what type of work do you do? Is it out of the question to plan a quick break when they go live and do it quickly on your phone? The first batches always launch when I'm at work too, so I have to try on the second batch or nip to the toilets at 1:59pm GMT... ;)

I'll try to turn on my email and twitter notifications but to be on in a matter of minutes within a notification will be difficult to do.

Nobody I really trust to be quick enough to order it within minutes, plus they'll be at work too.

Has anything been posted about a Japanese collector's edition? I bought the Shenmue 1/2 collector's edition from Japan and got it with no issue. I'd buy off the UK Amazon site but it says it doesn't ship to Canada.

I'll try to turn on my email and twitter notifications but to be on in a matter of minutes within a notification will be difficult to do.

Nobody I really trust to be quick enough to order it within minutes, plus they'll be at work too.

Has anything been posted about a Japanese collector's edition? I bought the Shenmue 1/2 collector's edition from Japan and got it with no issue. I'd buy off the UK Amazon site but it says it doesn't ship to Canada.

Best thing to do is head to the site 10 minutes before its due to go live, login (make sure all your account details are entered - e.g. bank info if you're not doing Paypal, addresses etc.), click on the Shenmue 3 Collector's Edition page and it will say something like "coming soon", refresh the page a minute or so before its due to go live and keep doing it every few seconds until its live and you can add it to basket. Then head to checkout straight away and process as quickly as possible (or pay via Paypal as quickly as possible if that's how you're paying).

Do not sit back and wait for an email or notification. Just make a note of the time and date and make sure you're online and ready if you plan to try it.

What you have in your favour is it's only limited and exclusive in North America, so you're not competing with the rest of the world like you would be with most other LRG games.

there is a chance that there wont be a CE for Japan.
Spike Chunsoft was the japanese publisher for pretty much all of the most recent Deep Silver games
and they only published the standard edition for the japanese market, nothing else.

only one of Deep Silvers games has a CE in Japan and thats Kingdom Come Deliverance
and its not published by Spike Chunsoft, the publisher is DMM Games.

So if they're adding an additional item how much is the price going to increase, I wonder?

It won't, I expect. The price was already announced, I believe. I think it was $69.99? LRG just want an exclusive item to make it more special and justify their North American exclusivity when the rest of the world has access to it elsewhere.

Is this edition not seriously limited? I’ve been able to place a few preorders on different sites, but it really doesn’t seem that hard to find. Unless a lot of orders won’t be fulfilled when the time comes. Either that or I’m overestimating how much demand there is for it.

(Or am I thinking of a different CE?)

Is this edition not seriously limited? I’ve been able to place a few preorders on different sites, but it really doesn’t seem that hard to find. Unless a lot of orders won’t be fulfilled when the time comes. Either that or I’m overestimating how much demand there is for it.

(Or am I thinking of a different CE?)

the special CE by Limited Run for NA is limited,
the standard "European CE" not so much.

In a way, i'm glad that this isn't "limited" (America aside), because the more people that have the opportunity to purchase it, the more money raised for Shenmue.

It's also nice to see a fair price for a collectors edition. It seems that triple figures is the norm these days.

OP updated with shop4de now out of stock.

Back