Shenmue 3 Gamescom Trailer & Release Date! [KS Update 90]

PSN
FlagshipFighter
XBL
FlagshipFighter
It's here! Shenmue 3 will Release August 27th 2019!

日本語はこちら
Hello Backers,

We have just announced the release date for Shenmue III at gamescom 2018 and...
August 27th, 2019 is the day you will be able to take up as Ryo Hazuki to continue the adventure!

From all of us here, we want to say how happy we are to be able to make this announcement.
Thank you again for your continued support!

Kickstarter Update 90: Gamescom 2018 Trailer

Last edited:
Everyone noticed Lan Di, obviously. But have you noticed that other familiar face? :cool:

Te8m3k7.jpg

I love it! Except something still doesn't feel right about Ryo's face.

There's a boat journey. I wonder if he'll take that to chobou or something.

Shame about the lack of facial animations (again), but it was awesome seeing Ren and Lan Di.

No facial animations and Ryo still doesn't look right. I think the NPCs we see when Ryo is exiting the boat look more Shenmue than Ryo does imo. The enviroments look great, the NPCs look great, the main characters need work.

I'm at work so I only had the chance to see the trailer once, but if they fix the facial animations I'm very happy with the current state of the visuals.
It's obviously great to see Lan Di and Ren again and while it's not the most visual stunning game (which makes sense with the budget and presumably the size of the team) it looks very much like the old Shenmue games.

Very promising trailer, can't wait to see more.

Really suprised they revealed Lan-di, thought they might have kept that for people to experience in game. Environments look phenomenal, character models look great, animations could use some work, especially the speed at which things move.

Very impressed.

Last edited:
Looks great to me. Starting to feel like in the Twilight Zone when I see people claim this doesn’t look current gen. Looks better than many games I’ve seen, granted this still isn’t gameplay.

Showing Lan Di could have been deliberate since Sega is just now releasing the rereleases and it could be a way of continuing the intrigue. Same with showing the cave mirrors.

Still a year to go, so hopefully they can make they needed adjustments.
Yeah you're right. The enviroments look FANTASTIC. That shot of Choubu harbour in particular looks stunning. And the NPCs look great. There's still a year to work on Ryo so I'm not bothered.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2018-08-21-11h18m07s631.png
    vlcsnap-2018-08-21-11h18m07s631.png
    312 KB · Views: 58
Starting to feel like in the Twilight Zone when I see people claim this doesn’t look current gen.
Well that's just craziness. It still needs some work in some aspects, but it's clearly a gorgeous game.

The momement we saw the boat, and that beat hit.. I dropped my jaw.

From a distant land in the east, from across the sea, he shall appear.
He does not know of the strength hidden within him.
The strength that would destroy him.
The strength that would fulfill his wishes.

When he is ready, he shall seek me out.
And we will brave together, the rocky path.

I shall wait.
This encounter has been my destiny since ancient times.

A dragon shall emerge from the Earth, and dark clouds shall obscure the heavens.
A phoenix shall descend from above. Its' wings shall create a purple wind.
In the midst of the pitch-black night, a morning star shall glisten... alone...

Shenmue III

Back