Shenmue 3 Gamescom Trailer & Release Date! [KS Update 90]

Default faces + VO integration/animation = Final facial look
They haven't finished the VO and animations for the faces. This is very normal at this stage in development. Everything is going according to plan. It will shape up fine.
1 year to go guys. ;)

I wonder who those two in the back are.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2018-08-21-11h49m21s305.png
    vlcsnap-2018-08-21-11h49m21s305.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 73
It looks beautiful and I can't believe we got a release date. Ryo looks great to me, confused as why others think he doesn't. Shenhua looks great, infact I think she looks beautiful. Liking how Lan Di looks a lot but might prefer his DC model.

The game is not out for another year so god knows when we'll see gameplay.

Agreed. This trailer was almost perfect in my opinion.

You guys completely melted the Dojo earlier with your hype:
948d9ee6e4.png

We are one passionate fanbase, that's for certain!

For anyone who already wants a full listen to the orchestra music at the end of the trailer, this is what plays in there.

Interesting story how I got that. I got a copyright claim on the music in the trailer very shortly after uploading it myself to spread its greatnes. Details lead to this, Jibby helped in finding that video though. I just find it very noteworthy that this isn't music from the game apparently. It sounds sooo Shenmue, it's no wonder they used this and nobody suspected anything. Except for those nasty algorythms of course.

Folks on ResetEra already going with the drive by shitposting.

I do find it odd a game would get a definitive release date so far out. I don't recall the last game with a specific date over a year away.

That being said, a LOT can change in a year's time in terms of graphics, framerate, facial animation.

I expect we will get another trailer around December and a near-final build of the game at E3 2019.

I get the criticisms with it, namely the facial animations, but with a year to go, I will still not get too worried compared to what the final product is.

If the final product has these issues, then I will take stock and evaluate the grand picture. Unfortunately we cannot change the fact that this is a 7 million dollar Kickstarter game, so from that point of view, it's still looking more better than worse imo.

Again, like the re-releases, the positives outweigh the bad. If people have their criticisms, you can speak freely. But actually talk about them, your thoughts and your feelings. Just don't drive by. I think we have pushed that point enough over the past while or so.

Default faces + VO integration/animation = Final facial look
1 year to go guys.
And it already looks fine imo.
Absolutely.

FzGtvBg.jpg
Remember this?

In terms of the "look" I think some people are focusing too much on finer details and not appreciating the improvements that have been made to the overall art style. To me it now looks like a Shenmue game, that's a huge a huge accomplishment all things considered.

And I'm saying this as a fan who strictly speaking would prefer that we received all installments of the series in the original Dreamcast graphics so it's not like I'm easily impressed.

Awesome that we got a release date. I'm feeling mostly favorable about the look of the game, but I also don't think they quite nailed it 100%. But I also think there was something about the Shenmue Dreamcast graphical style that made everything and every character look ultra realistic, even to this day (despite being dated now) that modern day games have just never recreated.

If the story is there and is presented in all its cinematic grandeur we're accustomed to as Shenmue fans, I'll be a happy camper.

Now, back to sleep, gonna go grab S1&2 in the morning =)

I don't really see the issues with the faces, to be honest. I'm sure they are continuously working on it.

I may be losing my keen eye these days, but certain scenes in the trailer had Ryo looking far more detailed than some others, such as his face-off with Lan Di.

I am a bit remiss that we still don't have any idea how the game will actually PLAY, which is the most concerning aspect of this trailer.

Granted, we know how Shenmue plays, but all of us want to see the combat system in action.

Folks on ResetEra already going with the drive by shitposting.
DvqwQ7Y.jpg

I do find it odd a game would get a definitive release date so far out. I don't recall the last game with a specific date over a year away.

That being said, a LOT can change in a year's time in terms of graphics, framerate, facial animation.
Personally I'm disappointed nobody has made a joke about patching it later.

Yeah, it's frustrating.

People roll in and say "Oh it doesn't look that good graphically", then make some comparison to like Red Dead 2 or REMake2..

Are you kidding? First of all, the style is different and secondly, the budget for at least RDR2 is bottomless and the team massive.

Or they just say the equivalent of "delayed again omegalol" or "wheres the facial capture"?

Like...do they really expect the game is just never going to implement that?

While I'm still a bit iffy about Ryo's face, everything else looks amazing. The environments are stunning! Looks much more complete than a game still a year away to be honest. Hopefully they use that time to polish everything up.... like a fine mirror.

Back