Shenmue 3 Gamescom Trailer & Release Date! [KS Update 90]

So cool seeing the guys on the bamboo boats with the cormorants, saw them all along the Li River when I was in Yangshuo/Guilin in March :)

YES! They nailed this trailer. The tempo and visuals made it a great watch. They really thought this one out and built up the hype machine! I am SUPER happy right now! Man what a great day it's been!

Think this trailer is enough to keep me going up until next year (or until the PC beta/demo at least); got me hyped, and don't want any more spoiled :)

Improve the main character models (which they will) and IMO this is perfect. This is exactly what I'd hoped for.

Is it just on my end or does the trailer have some pretty bad framerate issues?

I love it! Except something still doesn't feel right about Ryo's face.

There's a boat journey. I wonder if he'll take that to chobou or something.

Yep, they really need to address that, QUICK.

Is it just on my end or does the trailer have some pretty bad framerate issues?
The one embedded in the Gamescom feed had poor FPS, but that was down to the stream and not the game. The direct version of the trailer is much smoother. There's a couple of slight slowdowns, but that's to be expected as optimisation doesn't kick into full gear until closer to the end of development.

(And I actually suspect that those slowdowns aren't even from the game, but from the encoding.)

Improve the main character models (which they will) and IMO this is perfect. This is exactly what I'd hoped for.

Shouldn't they have inproved them like before they dropped this?

faces and animations still looks bad. Lan Di looks with a evil face, when in the original was a confident and calm expresion very cool.

the environments looks great... i wanted a gameplay :(

the music is fine, but we love the original soundtrack xD

Guys remember they still haven't integrated the VO into the facial animations. ALOT of games out there seemingly have stiff looking faces until you actually see them speak. So while I know they are STILL working on the faces I am not in any worry because it's the VO facial animations in the end that puts the life-like look into them.

Lan Di was one big bomb they dropped. I mean they hid him in some screenshots earlier but it was just for fun.
We can now wonder if this scene is going to be in the game or if it's just staged for the trailer.

The enviroments are phenomenal, the attention to detail and the light and water effects are incredible.
Lan Di kinda looked more like a Yakuza character to me initially but it's really just about the eyes and his expression. The face is already very much spot on. Yeah they could tune those faces to make them just that bit more like they used to be but it's really only a bit. And it's a new look we should get used to eventually.

It looks beautiful and I can't believe we got a release date. Ryo looks great to me, confused as why others think he doesn't. Shenhua looks great, infact I think she looks beautiful. Liking how Lan Di looks a lot but might prefer his DC model.

The game is not out for another year so god knows when we'll see gameplay.

I like the art style of the Trailer and the game. It might not be AAA material but I prefer these unusual look. It suits perfect for Shenmue. For me this game looks beautiful so far, i like the Art Style more then the Ultra Realistic approach of the other titles.

I am tired of hearing about how the face models look. They're fine. They don't have to look like they did on Dreamcast. They look like Shenmue and that's enough.

On the other hand, I agree that there should be a bit more facial animation.

Back