Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to know exactly how much because Media Create had the Shenmue collection for 37k but Famitsu said it sold 19k. I guess we'll take the low number and roll with that. So I'd say S3 sold over 30k week one when you add digital. It's not great but not a bomb either.
So just because it's a little hazy, where did the 30k number come from? And also do we take the Famitsu or the Media Create?

So just because it's a little hazy, where did the 30k number come from? And also do we take the Famitsu or the Media Create?
PS4's digital ratio is roughly 45% depending on the region. If S3 sold 17k physical then with digital it's over 30k. Media Create doesn't provide numbers publicly anymore so all we got is Famitsu

PS4's digital ratio is roughly 45% depending on the region. If S3 sold 17k physical then with digital it's over 30k. Media Create doesn't provide numbers publicly anymore so all we got is Famitsu
Got it, but I keep hearing there was some sort of media Create blog leak? Where did that info come from?

Just FYI regarding Epic's contribution, a verified game journalist on ResetERA said:

"From what I've heard, Epic's contribution only helped Deep Silver. "

Obviously the digital sales will help, but sounds like Deep Silver is pocketing all of the money for the first X amount of games sold.

I don't think that's a surprise. Ys Net clearly had nothing to do with the decision, as much as some people wanted us to think so. Deep Silver wanted to secure their investment.

I don't think that's a surprise. Ys Net clearly had nothing to do with the decision, as much as some people wanted us to think so. Deep Silver wanted to secure their investment.
DS started doing a lot of "publishing" that ended up being EGS exclusive.
It wouldn't surprise me if they already had a deal with Epic and they were just searching games to make full profit from that deal.
Like some sort of half assed ponzi scheme.

Agreed.

I mean, I don't blame them. They're not in business to lose money.

Just FYI regarding Epic's contribution, a verified game journalist on ResetERA said:

"From what I've heard, Epic's contribution only helped Deep Silver. "

Obviously the digital sales will help, but sounds like Deep Silver is pocketing all of the money for the first X amount of games sold.
Not shocking, I don't think the epic deal was ever going to be beneficial to shenmue 4's chances.

Same journalist just said that Shenmue IV is definitely currently not being developed. He also gave the game a 7/10 (curse you!).

I am also going to take this as Deep Silver will not be sticking by the franchise and 3 is more a one and done thing, and now its up to YSnet to find some other investor for the series to survive. Mixed feelings on that, cause on one end, DS screwed this game over, but on the other hand they did provide additional and necessary funding and potentially losing an established partner for the sequel could provide troubles in the future.

Would be worth dropping that info in one of the S4 threads.

Deep Silver published Yakuza Kiwami in Europe, but Sega published Kiwami 2. Hopefully a similar situation arises.

I still say its way too early to tell until we get US numbers at least.

We don't have any facts. For all we know Sega might have agreed the use of the IP for a single game deal with first refusal on any follow ups. I imagine Suzuki is crunching numbers right now to try and secure a realistic budget vs performance

I am also going to take this as Deep Silver will not be sticking by the franchise and 3 is more a one and done thing, and now its up to YSnet to find some other investor for the series to survive. Mixed feelings on that, cause on one end, DS screwed this game over, but on the other hand they did provide additional and necessary funding and potentially losing an established partner for the sequel could provide troubles in the future.

I posted it in the "when will we hear an announcement" thread.

I don't know why SEGA does nothing about Shenmue 3... I mean it's also their licence...

Quite a pickle. Things will be pretty interesting going forward. I wonder if we could find ourselves in that same situation all those years ago..

I'm just more so curious about trying to find out about that Media Create 30k blog leak. I need to see how true it is.

I mean if the game is selling really well on Epic, DS could say 'Give us 7 million for dev costs for exclusivity deal' that would ensure a similar production to SIII without costing DS anything.
Epic is throwing money around like a fat kid in a candy shop at the moment so who knows. At the end of the day, 7-10 million is enormous for YsNet and pocket change for Epic

Epic's not throwing more money at Shenmue unless Shenmue is bringing more people to their platform.

I hope YsNet will change their editor, Deep Silver does nothing... Maybe Microsoft will be a good thing for us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back