Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why SEGA does nothing about Shenmue 3... I mean it's also their licence...

It's about the money. Sega doesn't feel that they can make money off the series. It's understandable in a way, it's a niche series and the Shenmue games require a decent budget to make them good, Sega probably doesn't have confidence that the game will make the money back.

Romain is a good source if he says it's not in development yet then it likely isn't. Also consider they've got the DLC to work on. Its clear Shenmue IV had been talked about but there's a ways to go.

Personally I think it will be a slow burner in terms of sales. We've seen that its seemingly selling well in the USA due to the price cuts and the limited editions flew out of the window.

Secondly we're all likely the early adopters to the game. We know about it, following news etc, theres plenty of people out there still discovering the first 2 games and they can then move to the third quite easily. There's more sales.

Thirdly, as a community we need to keep pushing this game. Yu Suzuki is right when he says try and get 1 person to buy Shenmue. Theres 80k kickstarter backers for one, why can't those people get a friend involved and generate more sales? As a community, and I'll keep repeating this, we dont stop now. On Dec 3rd Shenmue day we go hard, push the game, the good reviews, let people know about it. We didn't get Shenmue III by staying passive.

There's also plenty of people who bought the game but didn't back it, let's get them involved. Twitch streamers, etc let's get the word out there.

For the record I do think we will hear something in the coming months about sales and a potential for a Shenmue IV but we have to hang tough a little longer.

>Thirdly, as a community we need to keep pushing this game.

Yeah no honestly it's not our job but their job, YsNet need to hire somes ( good) sellers peoples...

>Thirdly, as a community we need to keep pushing this game.

Yeah no honestly it's not our job but their job, YsNet need to hire somes ( good) sellers peoples...
While its not our job and I agree with you, it is our job. We didnt get Shenmue III by being quiet.

We got it via persistence. Without us it wont happen

While its not our job and I agree with you, it is our job. We didnt get Shenmue III by being quiet.

We got it via persistence. Without us it wont happen

It's true. If it hadn't been for us freaks, S3 never would have happened.

I made one friend "consider" buying the game. I think I've done my part :cool:

Romain is a good source if he says it's not in development yet then it likely isn't. Also consider they've got the DLC to work on. Its clear Shenmue IV had been talked about but there's a ways to go.

Personally I think it will be a slow burner in terms of sales. We've seen that its seemingly selling well in the USA due to the price cuts and the limited editions flew out of the window.

Secondly we're all likely the early adopters to the game. We know about it, following news etc, theres plenty of people out there still discovering the first 2 games and they can then move to the third quite easily. There's more sales.

Thirdly, as a community we need to keep pushing this game. Yu Suzuki is right when he says try and get 1 person to buy Shenmue. Theres 80k kickstarter backers for one, why can't those people get a friend involved and generate more sales? As a community, and I'll keep repeating this, we dont stop now. On Dec 3rd Shenmue day we go hard, push the game, the good reviews, let people know about it. We didn't get Shenmue III by staying passive.

There's also plenty of people who bought the game but didn't back it, let's get them involved. Twitch streamers, etc let's get the word out there.

For the record I do think we will hear something in the coming months about sales and a potential for a Shenmue IV but we have to hang tough a little longer.

I agree with you but the community seems to be in such a negative state at the moment it really doesn’t look good for outsiders so I’m not sure how much pushing it will help :/

I agree with you but the community seems to be in such a negative state at the moment it really doesn’t look good for outsiders so I’m not sure how much pushing it will help :/
I'd argue that we need to override that negative wave. I promise you that the more good news we get out there the more positive people will come out of the woodwork

Thinking the community needs to cut it out! just stop being depressed bro :^)))

In all seriousness, I think a lot of you guys would feel better if we explored a more proactive approach on what we can do to help the series. I know it can all seem futile, but honestly, the climb up to Shenmue 3 was even more impossible. Yet somehow, we pulled it off and got Shenmue 3.

No more news on the leaked media Create numbers?
What we are saying is "oh the sales of physical in Japan were 17k, THAT'S A DISASTER" doesn't help at all. It's just ONE format of ONE console in ONE tiny market.

When we got the entire number of all platforms and all formats then we can say it's good or bad. But right now a negative vision of a few numbers it's like throwing stones to your own house.

As a backer I'm furious. Where's MY blowjob??

maxresdefault.jpg

You called...........

What we are saying is "oh the sales of physical in Japan were 17k, THAT'S A DISASTER" doesn't help at all. It's just ONE format of ONE console in ONE tiny market.

When we got the entire number of all platforms and all formats then we can say it's good or bad. But right now a negative vision of a few numbers it's like throwing stones to your own house.
I think you misunderstood me, I was simply asking about the credited user guy on the Resetera forum saying that Media Create had the sales at 30k instead of 17. I'm just trying to find out if it was valid or if I misread it.

150k tops, and even then I think that's being generous. The sales are going to be front loaded, we all know that. Coupled with the lukewarm reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back