Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going multiplatform would probably be the final piece of the puzzle to 'save Shenmue.' Getting Shenmue 3 on Gamepass would be huge and I know Microsoft is currently very interested in having more Japanese games. I saw that rumor about a store showing Shenmue 3 (Xbox) being logged into a store's inventory, so I hope that comes true.

Going multiplatform would probably be the final piece of the puzzle to 'save Shenmue.' Getting Shenmue 3 on Gamepass would be huge and I know Microsoft is currently very interested in having more Japanese games. I saw that rumor about a store showing Shenmue 3 (Xbox) being logged into a store's inventory, so I hope that comes true.
I feel like going to switch would help too especially in japan,but I'd hope for 1&2 to go to it first.

I feel like going to switch would help too especially in japan,but I'd hope for 1&2 to go to it first.
I hope they're not bound to Sony. That won't help matters. I don't really see why Sony would care at this point. It's obviously not shifting PS4s (though I bought one because of Shenmue!).

I hope they're not bound to Sony. That won't help matters. I don't really see why Sony would care at this point. It's obviously not shifting PS4s (though I bought one because of Shenmue!).
I mean the HD collection was on xbox so sony really doesnt matter, its just up to sega if they want to bother putting it on there, 3 I dont think has any ties to sony past its announcement. Elephant in the room is that a switch port definitely requires some money, not like a huge amount but its still not something they can just plop on there.

Coproducer RTs Famitsu ranking View attachment 5981
L
It's #4 and appears ahead of Death Stranding. I think that's the 'positive' news.

Death Stranding and all the other games in that list (Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion...) are not in their first week. All of them sold more than 200K units until now. Shenmue 3 will drop very low next week and disappear from that list, unfortunately. 17K on the first week means that it won't reach 30K in Japan on the long run...

I mean the HD collection was on xbox so sony really doesnt matter, its just up to sega if they want to bother putting it on there, 3 I dont think has any ties to sony past its announcement. Elephant in the room is that a switch port definitely requires some money, not like a huge amount but its still not something they can just plop on there.
The switch couldn’t run Shenmue 3. The PS4 struggles a lot and it has a lot more under the hood.

Oh, for sure. I'm just saying I think that's the message Cedric is trying to push: "Look, Shenmue 3 is #4!" I don't think there's much more to it.

It's a little disconcerting how low console numbers look in general in Japan. I hope our future isn't $.99 iPhone games and cloud streaming subscription services. We're going to miss high-end single player productions. 10 years ago, those Death Stranding numbers would've been a disaster.

The switch couldn’t run Shenmue 3. The PS4 struggles a lot and it has a lot more under the hood.
Switch can run it, it just needs optimization, hell the ps4 should be running it better than it is but it does weird stuff like have an uncapped framerate which just spells out they didnt really optimize it even for that.

Resetera's 'Media Create expert' just said this:

Shenmue I+II had a limited edition which was imported from many at west through amazon, that's why Media Create was so high comparing to Famitsu.There isn't anything similar with Shenmue III, if the blog leak was correct Media Create will have it at second place.

Oh, for sure. I'm just saying I think that's the message Cedric is trying to push: "Look, Shenmue 3 is #4!" I don't think there's much more to it.

It's a little disconcerting how low console numbers look in general in Japan. I hope our future isn't $.99 iPhone games and cloud streaming subscription services. We're going to miss high-end single player productions. 10 years ago, those Death Stranding numbers would've been a disaster.

I'm not worried about it. Maybe in Japan, but not worldwide. PS4 is one of the highest selling consoles of all time and the Switch is heading that direction.

What is the link for this thread?

Kind of crazy it's been out of stock at Amazon for two days. I wonder how many copies they had in their warehouses. It's a little disconcerting, but also kind of... encouraging?

Resetera's 'Media Create expert' just said this:
Is this good news or bad news?

Honestly, given the waves the KickStarter made and how fast the expensive CEs have sold out, I'd be surprised if somebody didn't invest in Shenmue IV. They know there's a market of people willing to spend a pretty large amount of money on the series.

Is this good news or bad news?

Honestly, given the waves the KickStarter made and how fast the expensive CEs have sold out, I'd be surprised if somebody didn't invest in Shenmue IV. They know there's a market of people willing to spend a pretty large amount of money on the series.
Well, it suggests it sold more copies than the Famitsu rankings show. 30,000 copies isn't huge, but it's probably not a disaster in a market as weak as Japan. PS4 games aren't doing much compared to Switch games. Not sure how anyone could expect Shenmue 3 to measure up to something like Death Stranding.

This is actually fairly good for japan given their decreased physical sales

edit: oh nevermind didn't see the other part about it being only 17,857, I mean not terrible I guess.
It's hard to know exactly how much because Media Create had the Shenmue collection for 37k but Famitsu said it sold 19k. I guess we'll take the low number and roll with that. So I'd say S3 sold over 30k week one when you add digital. It's not great but not a bomb either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back