Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @spud1897 dont you know someone who makes custom game cases? I'm thinking about protecting my Shenmue copies.
I wouldn't say know but I've used this guy from Ebay.

Does good cases so might be worth a chat

Continuous growth (12/10 - 03/25)
PSN Profiles: 851->2272 (+167%).
True Trophies: 956->1704 (+78%).
PSN Trophy Leaders: 1900->3240 (+71%).

Physical sales in Japan (best case scenario using data from Dengeki’s top 50):
E472D159-E97F-4B31-83A5-786777B5D85C.jpeg

Estimate for best case world wide physical copies sold (excluding Kickstarter) based on player distribution figures from Gamestat: 176,500.

Last edited:
176k seems good to me. Have we figures from some other games to compare?

That's not too shabby, if close to accurate, considering it wouldn't include KS units.
This is a best case scenario calculated by taking the number of copies sold of the game ranked in 50th place of Dengeki’s top 50 and assuming that Shenmue 3 sold only one fewer copy. In all likelihood, sales are considerably lower.

It also doesn’t take into account the accuracy of Gamestat’s dataset. Their justification for the low figures for Shenmue is that the company that provides them with PSN API data has poor coverage of Japanese accounts, meaning that the 22% figure used for Japanese share of sales may actually be higher (which would yield a lower value).

Well shit man, don't rain on my parade after posting those numbers ffs.
Haha. Sorry. Perhaps I should have made my methodology a bit clearer.

176k seems good to me. Have we figures from some other games to compare?
The HD rereleases sold 145,503 physical copies on console worldwide in its first week on sale (125,205 copies on PS4).

For clarity, I’ve added sales from Japan’s opening week (37,529) to the week 1 worldwide sales estimate (107,971), but technically they released several months apart.

Last edited:
I think we can also safely assume they haven’t sold much DLC. Hardly any coverage and what coverage I saw was negative.

I think we can also safely assume they haven’t sold much DLC. Hardly any coverage and what coverage I saw was negative.
At least 2.3% of players bought the story pack, 1.8% bought battle rally and 1% bought Big Merry Cruise. Assuming there are around 250,000 people that have played the game on PS4 (including Kickstarter copies and digital sales), that would equate to 5,750, 4,500 and 2,500 copies respectively. Best case scenario, DLC generated about $85,000.

What was it about the PSN blog examples, or was it NPD...one tracked dollars made rather than number sold?

The dlc generated 85k $ in revenue. Well, if that number is accurate, that would suck.
Unless it was just cut content from development...in which case, depending on when it was cut from the final product, it may not have cost much at all to polish up and release.

Not a crumb. All we know is that the game failed to chart in the top 30 for any region (as per the PSN blogs).

Don't forget Epic. Not everybody have a PS4.

It was #3 behind Borderlands and I dont remember what other AAA game. That means sold better than the little games of the store. Those are good news, because it means that at least sold a decent amount, not something like "3.6k copies".

But the Epic deal means unless they sell more than what was pre-funded, those sales basically amount to $0 of additional profit and would also possibly lessen Epic's interest in another installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back