Shenmue 3: side quests

I could never complete the date/flower sidequest in Niaowu because after I went to the flower shop I could never ask them about flowers. Were you just supposed to press the A button as normal? I even bought a rose but it made no difference. Maybe you had to talk to them on the same day?
Did you go to the flower shop on the promenade or a different one? Try going to the plant shop on vender alley (near where you find the location from the picture) first. From memory I went there and was told that I had the wrong type of shop and should try a flower shop instead.

Did you go to the flower shop on the promenade or a different one? Try going to the plant shop on vender alley (near where you find the location from the picture) first. From memory I went there and was told that I had the wrong type of shop and should try a flower shop instead.

Hah, I did actually walk past the plant shop and thought "Hm, nah, they don't sell flowers" :p Yeah, I kept trying Niaowu Flowers on the Promenade over and over again, got frustrated and gave up.

Hah, I did actually walk past the plant shop and thought "Hm, nah, they don't sell flowers" :p Yeah, I kept trying Niaowu Flowers on the Promenade over and over again, got frustrated and gave up.
Hmm. Maybe I accidentally stumbled upon a necessary step. It seems strange that Ryo would ask at the plant shop and not the flower shop though.

Hmm. Maybe I accidentally stumbled upon a necessary step. It seems strange that Ryo would ask at the plant shop and not the flower shop though.

I don't think there are any other flower shops apart from the one on the Promenade, right? Got so confused when the notebook entry made it sound like there were multiple shops.

It could just be that it didn't work because I tried on the day after the guy told me about the date, I dunno. Was it the normal dialogue button or the sidequest dialogue/Buy button when you did it (i.e. when the Buy triangle turns into a Question Mark)?

How do you trigger the Catfish Rally side quest? I'm in that point right before we leave Bailu, i've done all other 9 sidequests but this one doesn't trigger. Does it need to be done in an earlier moment?
It is available during the time when you need to raise 2000 yuan to buy booze.

Anybody know the location of the da huang root and capris root. I found the huang qin root by the Peking duck aread and I’ve searched the grove by the port , grove behind the promenade pawns shop and tomato conveni.

I don't think there are any other flower shops apart from the one on the Promenade, right? Got so confused when the notebook entry made it sound like there were multiple shops.

It could just be that it didn't work because I tried on the day after the guy told me about the date, I dunno. Was it the normal dialogue button or the sidequest dialogue/Buy button when you did it (i.e. when the Buy triangle turns into a Question Mark)?
Its the flower shop on the main road that hotel niaowu is on. It’s at the entrance of vendor alley and right across from the fruit stand. Talk to the woman there and use the quest button (X with Xbox controller, square with PlayStation) and she will tell you where you can find the flower.

Its the flower shop on the main road that hotel niaowu is on. It’s at the entrance of vendor alley and right across from the fruit stand. Talk to the woman there and use the quest button (X with Xbox controller, square with PlayStation) and she will tell you where you can find the flower.

Yeah, that's the same one. When I pressed X with Xbox controller, I just got the regular "Buy" option :/

You keep everything except key items. Pretty sure it keeps track of what sidequests you did in the old file for the trophy. I got the chopping one on a new game

Trying to get them all in Niaowu, running around everywhere after every story point.
Think I got pretty much all figured out, but... What, where and when is the "hidden treasure" quest?

Trying to get them all in Niaowu, running around everywhere after every story point.
Think I got pretty much all figured out, but... What, where and when is the "hidden treasure" quest?
Did you find the girl, that wants the panda toy ?
If yes, when ? (in the story)

Go to Lion Smart Ball after returning the rich couple's bag. You'll need to win the panda at the lucky hit stand next to the Hotel.

Thank you very much.
Care to do this for all Niaowu side quests (which you encountered), as we don't have it on the forum?

Found it! The treasure hunt is with Bai Zizi, the little girl at the book stand. Happens after getting the VIP referral.

This here helped a lot. Lucky to find this through Google as it's just about an hour old. Missing the points in the story where they happen but it is roughly in order.

Has anyone had any luck getting the white fishing lure for the kid in Bailu? I've popped in hundreds of Yuan to the capsule toy machine with no luck.

I managed that, but I cannot get the car for the kid in the city. I must of tried almost 200 times now. Got every other car many multiple times. It just isn't fun, wasting money watching the same animation over and over again. Its infuriating.

Back