Shenmue 4 leak audio review trailer

As always, it's best to work under the assumption that any leaks from unknown sources are fake. We've seen people on these forums go out of their way to create hoaxes and troll with fake leaks before, so I'm not personally ready to buy in just yet.

As always, it's best to work under the assumption that any leaks from unknown sources are fake. We've seen people on these forums go out of their way to create hoaxes and troll with fake leaks before, so I'm not personally ready to buy in just yet.
I find it hard to believe someone would go to such great lengths to fake this quite so well… but on the other hand, if it’s real, why leak it? It’s very strange either way.

Hello everyone,

Hope you’re doing well.

Well my Japanese is not perfect and it’s late here so I need to go sleep soon because tomorrow I have work. But I can tell you briefly some points I understand in this trailer.

First Yu Suzuki said that he managed to make a debut trailer for the game.

So we have Ryo talking with an elder at first, saying where Landi is going. then the one answering ( Shenhua’s father ? ) said that he knew this day was gonna happen.

This part I’m not too sure, but shenhua seems to ask about some kind goods from a tribe and she wants to know more about them.

Then the elder voice speak a long time, then Roy seems to present someone to shenhua ( Menmei or something like that ), then this person say to shenhua « So you’re Ryo’s girlfriend right », then she replied, « No I’m her friend ».

Then the elder speak about a fight and we hear the sound of the fight. Then another new voice is talking, and Ryo is saying like he will do his best. He wants to overcome Landi. So I think he will train him maybe. Then the voice say like even more than Landi, he feel a very scary presence. Then he is mentioning Tentei. Then Roy look like surprised and say « Tentei ?! ».
Then, I think we hear again the voice of Suzuki at the end, but I’m not sure what he is saying.

Hello everyone,

Hope you’re doing well.

Well my Japanese is not perfect and it’s late here so I need to go sleep soon because tomorrow I have work. But I can tell you briefly some points I understand in this trailer.

First Yu Suzuki said that he managed to make a debut trailer for the game.

So we have Ryo talking with an elder at first, saying where Landi is going. then the one answering ( Shenhua’s father ? ) said that he knew this day was gonna happen.

This part I’m not too sure, but shenhua seems to ask about some kind goods from a tribe and she wants to know more about them.

Then the elder voice speak a long time, then Roy seems to present someone to shenhua ( Menmei or something like that ), then this person say to shenhua « So you’re Ryo’s girlfriend right », then she replied, « No I’m her friend ».

Then the elder speak about a fight and we hear the sound of the fight. Then another new voice is talking, and Ryo is saying like he will do his best. He wants to overcome Landi. So I think he will train him maybe. Then the voice say like even more than Landi, he feel a very scary presence. Then he is mentioning Tentei. Then Roy look like surprised and say « Tentei ?! ».
Then, I think we hear again the voice of Suzuki at the end, but I’m not sure what he is saying.
Thanks for this. Does it sound natural and genuine? Not AI-generated?

And if it’s AI, call me impressed. Especially of all possibilities, I’m wondering why would someone do such a well made troll for Shenmue 4, which the impact would be really not that big nowadays compared to so big franchise. I think that this time is maybe our time guys.

My idea is maybe they did this intentionally to put some hype before TGS online ?

What is weird is, it seems that Yu Suzuki is showing the teaser, then maybe someone record the debut trailer from his cellphone pocket or O don’t know exactly how, so I think if not that many people in the room, it would not be that hard to find the leaker, which is the reason why I think it may be intentional if it’s true.

Reactions: JP_
My idea is maybe they did this intentionally to put some hype before TGS online ?

What is weird is, it seems that Yu Suzuki is showing the teaser, then maybe someone record the debut trailer from his cellphone pocket or O don’t know exactly how, so I think if not that many people in the room, it would not be that hard to find the leaker, which is the reason why I think it may be intentional if it’s true.
If this ends up being real, this makes sense because who would risk being sued by violating a NDA? I think this is the equivalent of Yu posting the forklift tweet right before 3 (even if Sony was the happy about that).

EDIT: Also TGS is this week so we’re looking at a similar situation to E3 2015.

If this ends up being real, this makes sense because who would risk being sued by violating a NDA? I think this is the equivalent of Yu posting the forklift tweet right before 3 (even if Sony was the happy about that).
This is indeed exactly what I am thinking. They can’t say any information about the game, but if someone leak it…

Whilst I agree with some of the points made, I would temper expectations in regards to a TGS surprise. The official stance for Shenmue IV was that it was looking for investment and as far as we all know, no deals have been struck.

Don't forget about Cedric saying they were pitching to investors as far back as 2020. It makes sense that they would have shown some sort of footage with that pitch, so this audio could have been from that.

Either way, I won't be getting my hopes up for TGS. But of course, I would love to be proven wrong and see the footage of that audio because that for me, would be E3 level feels.

Whilst I agree with some of the points made, I would temper expectations in regards to a TGS surprise. The official stance for Shenmue IV was that it was looking for investment and as far as we all know, no deals have been struck.

Don't forget about Cedric saying they were pitching to investors as far back as 2020. It makes sense that they would have shown some sort of footage with that pitch, so this audio could have been from that.

Either way, I won't be getting my hopes up for TGS. But of course, I would love to be proven wrong and see the footage of that audio because that for me, would be E3 level feels.

Yes, this is also possible indeed. Also, this trailer could be made really recently as well and schedule for a later even like a PlayStation showcase. What is interesting about TGS and this trailer, is that this trailer is in Japanese. If it was in english, it would mean it would be scheduled for an American event probably, but that’s not the case here.

Reactions: JP_
Absolutely, but if asked the honest question of can we expect Shenmue IV news and a trailer anytime soon? My answer would be no. This is a leak of some kind of trailer shown to somebody. We don't know the who's, what's, and whys. Footage gets put together for all sorts of reasons. Us Kickstarter backers on our way to the Japan dinner were shown a rough Shenmue 3 trailer on the bus, and that was 2016. Over 3 years from release.

What I expect to happen now? YSNET will wake up in Japan, get wind of this, C&D it, topic deleted and we will carry on the fight. It's good to know there is a Shenmue IV out there, but are we any closer to a release? Unfortunately not I would say.

Absolutely, but if asked the honest question of can we expect Shenmue IV news and a trailer anytime soon? My answer would be no. This is a leak of some kind of trailer shown to somebody. We don't know the who's, what's, and whys. Footage gets put together for all sorts of reasons. Us Kickstarter backers on our way to the Japan dinner were shown a rough Shenmue 3 trailer on the bus, and that was 2016. Over 3 years from release.

What I expect to happen now? YSNET will wake up in Japan, get wind of this, C&D it, topic deleted and we will carry on the fight. It's good to know there is a Shenmue IV out there, but are we any closer to a release? Unfortunately not I would say.
This is true indeed, and even if we could see this trailer in action in a not so distant future, it seems to be a teaser trailer, so I think it’s cutscene heavy and I don’t expect to see any real gameplay in this video actually. So yeah, the game could be long time still from us, but just knowing that the game is alive, would be awesome.

Aye, but why leak an audio that could've been from a potential publishing suitor(from ages ago possibly) is my question, *unless* this is recent and a publisher did accept.

Debut isn't really a word that I'd think Yu would use for a meeting with a potential publisher. It doesn't fit for me.

For an effort at trolling, this seems to be a very..extensive and intricate way to go about it, honestly.

As far as the voices being in Japanese, weren't the original Shenmue games revealed with Japanese voices, long before the English trailers showed?

I say that because, I mean, we all know who will be voicing in English anyway, most likely.

**EDIT**: I think the right thing here is to see if Peter's prediction comes true. Fewer things prove legitimacy than a C&D order to make something disappear when it comes to leaks.

I don't believe that was a pitch trailer. The trailer appeared to be more centered on the story rather than showcasing the game's graphics and concept, which is typical of pitch trailers. I could be mistaken, but it doesn't seem like it was the pitch trailer.

Well, I never saw a teaser trailer of a game project in a behind close door, So I have no idea on what to expect honestly, but this trailer seems very serious and really close to a commercial trailer from the sound we can hear. Much more maybe than the first Shenmue 3 trailer we had at least I feel. But whitout the image, it’s quite hard to judge on the advancement of a possible project.

Also bear in mind that YSNET are indeed at TGS to promote their upcoming game Air Twister. They will want eyes on that to promote sales, so it makes no logical sense to bury that with a SIV trailer.

Just again, by all means get hype over.the audio and TGS! I am just keeping my feet on the ground and will look forward to the day that trailer ever gets released.

Back