Shenmue I & II HD sales data

God this is amazing! I was so happy to see this earlier! Wow, thank you so much for the shout-out.

Glad I could contribute, and hopefully the positive and promising sales reports will keep flooding in.
You were the one who found the information not me so it definitely deserved the shout out. Much appreciated. I'll be keeping an eye out for the USA data and others.

How is it for America?

Everyone please keep in mind when reading the NPD figures in a few weeks - they now rank on total revenue a game brings in for the month, not total sales figures. Since Shenmue 1 & 2 only costs $30, it's not likely to come in too high on those charts, even with a high number of copies sold. If it lands anywhere in the top 20, I would consider it a great success.

Not a good second week in the UK

Last week's No.2 game, Shenmue I and II, drops sharply to No.33 with an 83% drop in weekly sales.

Not a good second week in the UK

Last week's No.2 game, Shenmue I and II, drops sharply to No.33 with an 83% drop in weekly sales.
Can't say I'm surprised.

Where did you get the data from?

Last edited:
Pretty worrying when it can’t outsell a game that’s been out for more than a year.
Remember it broke street date in France and even now Mario kart on switch is insanely popular. It's done well.

Nintendo games have longer retail live than anything else in the market, so not worry at all for me. Anything top 5 is more than expected when it was announced. Also beating Oddisey...

Back