Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

Yeah, here's the email. Says the map is the final thing to be finished:

We wanted to provide you with an update on the status of the Shenmue III Complete Edition Collector's Edition for PlayStation 4. This year, many of our releases have been impacted by the worldwide shipping crunch, causing unforeseen delays at all production and shipping stages.

We’re working extra hard to make sure your Collector’s Edition arrives not only as quickly as possible but in the quality you expect from Limited Run Games. The following update is based on our most recent communications with our vendors and shipping partners.

Even though we continue to liaison with these partners, please note that our estimated shipping dates are just that—estimations. The global shipping issues caused by the pandemic are genuinely unprecedented. They will continue to impact all retailers for the foreseeable future, especially as the holiday season kicks into high gear. But we’re rolling with the punches and trying to get this great game into your hands ASAP.

Where We’re at with the Shenmue III Complete Edition Collector's Edition:

4c8Fh-EMmcgfV1NTM0vwMSuO9_dEMvEvtfJXxjaqWAzNJRDqelTIziWnsy0XgbXPzTJ5HEoNFVe3yy_DZyPKzJ5YZJ4cHvKHO2x8bsbx583WlHXUfqwvYW3ghZY7NPs5dTB851Nx

The last item currently in production for this Collector’s Edition is the map, which last-second licensing approvals held up. All other items are complete and will soon be leaving their overseas production facilities. We expect these items to arrive in our warehouse for assembly and final shipping to your door in Q1 2022.

For continued updates, follow us on social media or check the product pages from your order for their current production status. If you have any questions, concerns, or issues with your order, please open a support ticket. We’re here to help in any way we can!

Again, we want to express our sincere appreciation and gratitude for your continued patience and support. We’re so excited to get these games into your hands. Now more than ever, the world needs good games, and we promise to keep on bringing them to you, one release at a time.

Feel like they've read some of our comments on this thread and sent an update, lol. Glad to have it, hopefully the dates between this and the vinyl sets aren't too far apart so they can send them both together within a decent timeframe.

It's LRG. They could go bankrupt and still wouldn't tell anyone where their unshipped items are.

At this point, all we can do is put it out of our minds. Shame the soundtracks are tied up with it and not being shipped separately.

I don't expect any more updates until it's ready to ship, tbh. At this point they haven't even posted a picture of what the dagger looks like as a finished product.

Like I said, I do think there are good intentions here, but goodwill is rapidly evaporating. It doesn't help they announce new stuff *every week* and lots of it is rather elaborate stuff.

To be honest, I don't really care anymore. I bought it at a time when I had disposable income and in a way, it's all technically useless. The fact a complete edition couldn't be sold separately was a very strange decision.

Biggest problem with me, way more than endless delays, is the outright DISASTROUS lack of communication. They won't ever admit that they could do better, but rather hide behind the fact that COVID, Ukraine, George W. Bush, Einstein, and Desmond Tutu have all slowed things down for them. It's a very disappointing and immature outlook for a company that a lot of the time denies refunds and yet announces new stuff constantly.

Biggest problem with me, way more than endless delays, is the outright DISASTROUS lack of communication. They won't ever admit that they could do better, but rather hide behind the fact that COVID, Ukraine, George W. Bush, Einstein, and Desmond Tutu have all slowed things down for them. It's a very disappointing and immature outlook for a company that a lot of the time denies refunds and yet announces new stuff constantly.
I'd just like them to tell customers they're going to miss their deadline BEFORE they miss their deadline. I really don't think that's asking much. They've got the rest of the month to come out and say "Yeah we're not gonna make Q1", yet I'm worried they're gonna wait till April anyways.

I'd just like them to tell customers they're going to miss their deadline BEFORE they miss their deadline. I really don't think that's asking much. They've got the rest of the month to come out and say "Yeah we're not gonna make Q1", yet I'm worried they're gonna wait till April anyways.
Exactly. Communication is not hard. Even if you keep pushing the same stuff about supply chains, etc. which COULD BE LEGITIMATE. Just SAY SOMETHING. Their PR people need to be fired.

I would like them to just give any direct communication AT ALL. I have not had a single piece of communication from them about this since they confirmed my order in 2020, I shouldn't have to come here or go searching on social media to find out what's going on for something I've paid for. They should be communicating directly to all buyers about a delay, like literally every other online shop I've dealt with does.

It sucks to say...but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
LRG takes forever, with notoriously barebones updates, but they always deliver in the end.

My biggest issue with them is the pricing. They take these ho-hum 16-bit titles and somehow manage to ask for $75-$250. It's ridiculous.

My biggest issue with them is the pricing. They take these ho-hum 16-bit titles and somehow manage to ask for $75-$250. It's ridiculous
Just saw the Worms re-release. Who the hell is going to pay full retail price (if not more?) for an old game that is available in abundance on the second hand market for next to nothing? I genuinely don't get it.

Just saw the Worms re-release. Who the hell is going to pay full retail price (if not more?) for an old game that is available in abundance on the second hand market for next to nothing? I genuinely don't get it.
Not if you want the n64 version
1647654262768.png

Back