Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

FFS, don't know what this range of emotions is, but this makes me both really fucking angry and excited at the same time.

I literally don't know what to do. They really are milking us dry and it's getting a bit frustrating now... But on the other hand, it looks amazing. But then... If I got this it would be the what? Fourth or fifth time I've bought the game. Just make Shenmue 4 already.

Edit: I bet I can't even get a copy anyways. It'll probably sell out in 3 seconds. LRG are literally the most infuriating company ever, especially considering they claim all sales are final and won't offer refunds, which I'm pretty sure if illegal under EU law (they're American, but still happy to milk European audiences)
I know what you mean. I'm mega conflicted, because on the one hand, this is clearly milking the fanbase, but on the other hand, the stuff you get is pretty sweet. If this was the stuff that came with the original collectors edition, I think it would've been better.

It's also a shame that the complete edition is only with the boxset and there isn't a regular $30 edition available. Based on what the guy on twitter said, i'm going to say that this is a labour of love and that he did it because he loves Shenmue so much.

So in a way, this is another example of someone in a powerful position who loves Shenmue and that can only be a good thing. I just wish things weren't always so expensive. I think i'll get this and the CD soundtrack and that will have to be my limit. Anything more would be fantastic, but i'm sure i'll get buyers remorse.

Well, you can look at it from both sides.
But i'm pretty sure "too many" CE's is a better option than no CE at all?
And they wouldnt produce this stuff if there would be no market for it.
So its a win for the IP, fans, collectors and it doesnt do any damage to us,
well other than selling your house and car so you can afford it.
Its still better than 14 years of silence.

Here's a list of countries where customs are pre-paid

Quick question... Will Brexit fuck this up for us come 1st January though? If my large Shenmue package gets indefinitely stuck in customs next year I'm going to be mad as fuck.

Very good question and one i'm afraid I don't know considering I don't think even our government have a bloody idea what's going on anymore. I think I read something about importing from 1st January that would affect things, but whether that includes stuff purchased prior to then I can't say.

I'd laugh at the absurdity of it all if the consequences weren't so bloody dire...

Very good question and one i'm afraid I don't know considering I don't think even our government have a bloody idea what's going on anymore. I think I read something about importing from 1st January that would affect things, but whether that includes stuff purchased prior to then I can't say.

I'd laugh at the absurdity of it all if the consequences weren't so bloody dire...
Yeah, pre-paying for customs before 1st January when no one, let alone our own Government, knows what's happening (and I doubt a niche American publisher will have a clue) seems a bit risky. I could imagine stuff getting held up or us finding out we have to pay additional 'unpaid' fees.

Ugh I chose a bad time to start importing stuff from America haha (got the Fan Gamer rewards coming and just ordered some other stuff from an American site). To top it all off, I'm in the process of moving house so I'm praying stuff arrives before I move (obviously this LRG Shenmue stuff will probably ship long after my move, so I'll have a chance to update my address before they ship).

Bruce hasn't seen this yet, his eyes are going to pop out when he does!

DAAAAAYYYYUUUMMMM! They went all-out with this one. I won't be getting it, but good luck to everyone here once it goes on sale.

That Dreamcast case, though...

So we're continuing our trend of new shenmue news or merchandise every two months.

Someone call @BruceWayne911 and @Down by Law quick!!
Haha I'm small potatoes compared to our Bruce.

I'd love to own the complete edition on disc but damn another $149 plus who knows what in customs makes it a bit risky. Same with the vinyl boxset. if I could see the full price it'd make these decisions easier.

Defo having that CD boxset though. Bargain !

I think this signifies that main way of making money on shenmue is not selling lots of.copies at $30 as it is not mass market but selling less but at very high price. This is the business model

I love it but can't justify it after the Kickstarter

Fuck. I already have the first Limited Run Collector's Edition but I need this one too. I can live without the vinyls since I've recently switched over to cassettes as my preferred physical media format but this complete edition, damn.

The cover art on this is really cool, wish they used that. But this will be hard pass from me. If Shenmue 3 was the game it should have been, then I'd have no problem buying this. But I haven't even bought the DLC and don't plan to. My Kickstarter contribution, original LRG purchase, and steel book standalone is more than enough. They are milking us right now with no guarantee or even hint there is another sequel on the horizon. Is there any other game series that is (or was) so story-driven that does this...? All these releases - be it special editions or soundtracks or an anime spin off - with no guarantee the story will ever finish? Borderline cruel! That being said, I'll probably snag the CD version of the soundtrack, haha.

PLEASE NOTE: There is no purchase limit on this item. This item is currently in manufacturing and artwork is subject to change. Products are typically not expected to ship until 4-5 months after the preorder window closes.
For real...?

While we are producing this release, this is not a part of the numbered Limited Run Collection. Missing it will not compromise a full Limited Run Games Collection.
Does this happen often with LR releases? Seems a little suspicious - especially considering their original CE was then sold in Europe anyway.

Oh, FFS!

I was going in to pick up SIII on GOG, saw the price was a fraction of what I was prepared for, and did a little jig. Then I check my email to see this absolutely insane collector's edition that I absolutely must have. Other than picking up some scraps of the first collector's edition they still had lying around, I've never actually bought from LRG, and I really don't want to, but this is something else. Tomorrow is really not a good day for this, either.

Why is LRG like this!

Back