Shenmue III Metacritic Rally

Really now???

There are paople who didn't buy shenmue 3 and are giving this game 0 because of.....some reason that i cannot even understand but we are giving it 8's and 9's because of honesty?

REALLY?
THIS.

Just give it a fucking 10 guys Jesus, you waited almost 20 years for this.

How long does it take for reviews to appear on Amazon? I submitted one on the .co.uk site and I'm still waiting for it to be published.

Done. It's probably my first Amazon review since 2003...current average is 4.5/5

Hopefully my tagline "A Modern Day Miracle" will turn heads.

Love that people have accused reviewers of not beating the game because they gave it a bad score yet are giving it an amazing score themselves without beating it.

Love that people have accused reviewers of not beating the game because they gave it a bad score yet are giving it an amazing score themselves without beating it.

Many have beaten it though. And I gave it a 9 with the text "as far as I've played".

A lot of cool shit just happened in my playthrough and at this rate I will change it to a 10 later.

Some obviously didn't beat it. Like Polygon. Their statement that the fighting is the same as the previous games is enough to give that away.

Yeah you're right, it's silly. We should watch them while they give 0s because they are trolls, haters or people with-no-life-at-all.

Yes, thanks to those 0s the games may sell less, will earn less and will shut down any project of continue the saga, but look at us, so worthy, incorruptible, honest, sincere and neat people...

Yeah I’ll be honest I forgot how much user reviews effect people’s decision to experience something.

That’s why Captain Marvel only made a billion dollars when it got review bombed. Or how Mass Effect 3 only sold millions of copies after it got review bombed and then EA got voted the worst company in America.

Or how review bombing hurt that 3 million copies sold indie Bastion...

Yeah I’ll be honest I forgot how much user reviews effect people’s decision to experience something.

That’s why Captain Marvel only made a billion dollars when it got review bombed. Or how Mass Effect 3 only sold millions of copies after it got review bombed and then EA got voted the worst company in America.

Yes you're totally right. It's totally fair to compare Shenmue 3 development (few fans, niche game, low budget) with stuff like Captain Marvel or Mass Effect (millions of fans of that universe, a lot of famous actors/characters and millions of money of production and marketing).

Review bombing of bastion sure bud. Check it out.

You are a genius of marketing. I dont know why you are not working on Google Stadia right now.

I mean I gave you Bastion which would have had a lower budget. You could throw in Kerbal Space Program as well which was a smaller budget game which was review bombed and still sold then SIII can even dream of. I can give you more examples if you really want?

Also I’ve worked on marketing campaigns much bigger then the SIII one mate and even if I hadn’t it doesn’t take a monkey to tell you how they fucked up.

I mean I gave you Bastion which would have had a lower budget.
But better scoring from press and users.

And you give me an example of review bombing of a game that first came out on pc (press 88 score, user score 83) and one year later came out the console version that ppl disliked it bc they are completely broken and are impossible to play with joystick bc its a game design to play with keyboard. But the real game came out a year before with no review bombing and praise of everybody.

Alright. Fair enough.

Last edited:

Review bombing isn't a deal breaker. IF you have a good enough marketing around your game.

I thought Sony and Epic were gonna help Shenmue 3 from a marketing perspective, but I haven't seen much to show for that. And, let's be honest, even if Shenmue3 doesn't need to sell much to get the money back, the series ain't going forward if Shenmue 3 doesn't sell decently.

I'm not asking for 5 million copies, but the original which was very widely promoted for the Dreamcast, got to sell over a million copies. If Shenmue 3 can do that, then we might get Shenmue 4. If not, it's over.

I'm not against bad reviews if they have arguments.

But if you rate with a 0 and say stupid shit like:

ruined by that stupid off-centered camera.
Fuck off.

The game seemed... Its disappointing. Like, you lose health too fast like wtf
Go to sleep kid, it's late.

The animations are from 2005.
Like your mother.

Clearly haters:
The creator is a hack .

Low effort game paid for by betrayed kickstarter supporters.

And then you have the guy that thinks the Earth it's flat and it's all a worldwide conspiracy of 2600 years:

Seems like an obvious attempt from Deep Silver to get people to buy the game based on faked user reviews alone.
This is what I'm against of. It's pretty reasonable to me that ppl who may want to give it a chance, don't do it because of this that makes the scores lower.

I just picked 6 (of the 62) reviews that I consider totally bullshit. If this idiots hadn't done it, the user score right now would be 7.3, not 7.1 (for real, I calculated it)

Last edited:
I'm not against bad reviews if they have arguments.

But if you rate with a 0 and say stupid shit like:

Fuck off.

Go to sleep kid, it's late.

Like your mother.

Clearly haters:

And then you have the guy that thinks the Earth it's flat and it's all a worldwide conspiracy of 2600 years
This is what I'm against of. It's pretty reasonable to me that ppl who may want to give it a chance, don't do it because of this that makes the scores lower.

I just picked 6 (of the 62) reviews that I consider totally bullshit. If this idiots hadn't done it, the user score right now would be 7.3, not 7.1 (for real, I calculated it)

“The creator is a hack .”

Credibility went out the window with that statement. You’re talking about one of the top video game makers ever.

There are plenty of PS2 games that surpassed anything possible on Dreamcast. Final Fantasy XII, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Silent Hill 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, I could go on.
In certain ways i guess but the ps2s disc drive was far slower than the dreamcasts and it simply couldnt refresh the amount of textures the dreamcast could.Plus the anti aliasing and vga support?

Back