Shenmue III: NEW TRAILER! (PC Gaming Show) + Full Show with Yu Suzuki

I do not care about facial animations. Facial Animations are overated to me.

And yes the Epic store gets lots of hate these days. And as a non pc gamer I always find it hilarious.

In the end it will come out like Metro and the game will sell Pretty well. People that really want it, will buy it on Epic or Play the ps4 Version

People need to chill the fuck out. This trailer is awesome! They delayed the release and will clean things up, if you look at the Japanese trailer you see why the lip sync is off in English, the VO is kick ass in both trailers. This is Shenmue. On a budget, which we all knew. Still, couldn't be more hyped. (Well, if they threw in some Ren but E3 is far from over!)

I've watched the trailer about 10x times and this game has really become a Meme. I'll still love it because it is Shenmue.

But that one guy, 'What'd you say to MEEEEEE!'

Lmfao!!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wow, are some people really trashing on this trailer? You know what, all I hope is that Shenmue 3 sells well enough to make Yu and his team happy and of course Shenmue 4. That trailer was great and the game looks awesome!

Lakshya digital need to do some work.

People talking about the lip sync, yes i noticed it was off for the English need to watch the Japanese dub. It is much better and I suspect syncing 2 langauges would have cost a bomb. Overall happy with the look. It's Shenmue and I can't wait.

The Japanese version is the better of the two. And it’s the version I will be playing. Sorry to the English cast, but I’m too used to the Japanese cast and I think Japanese Ryo just sounds more preferable to my ear.

Animation? Hit and miss. Some of it looked good. Other bits looked a bit janky. I.e catching the girl looked a bit janky. How much motion cap did they actually do for this? I mean I understand it most likely wasn’t performance capture but I do wonder how much motion capture was used. The sparring looked great though but there are other animations that look a bit rough.

But realistically, anyone who was expecting Naughty Dog levels of animation blending are insane. But still, I can’t help but feel it could be a little better in spots.

I think everything you are seeing is in game. I truly think this is how it’s gonna look and if you’re still off put then it isn’t gonna change in the months before release. This is the game. This is how it looks. Deal with it or move on.

Ryo looks great though. I actually think Ryo looks really good. The NPC’s are interesting. The off screen Wal Mart footage the other day showed fairly average looking people. But here we have more of the Shrek like jaw. It looks a bit disjointed. I remember Suzuki saying there was a contrast between artist styles and I think that is what is at play here.

As for the Steam/Epic store thing? That’s a kick in the pants. A real kick in the pants.

It’s just one thing after another for this game.

Lakshya digital need to do some work.

That's the thing I don't understand in regards to the character models for Shenmue 3. Lakshya produces some of the best work and these are just some of the titles they have created art for:

Déraciné (2018)
Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII (2018)
WWE 2K19 (2018)
WWE 2K18 (2017)
Middle-earth: Shadow of War (2017)
Raid: World War II (2017)
Full Throttle: Remastered (2017)
NieR: Automata (2017)
Summer Lesson: Miyamoto Hikari - Seven Days Room (2016)
WWE 2K16 (2016)
Gemini: Heroes Reborn (2016)
Just Cause 3 (2015)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2015)
WWE 2K15 (2015)
Bloodborne (2015)
Murdered: Soul Suspect (2014)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (2014)
Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
Divekick: Addition Edition (2013)
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (2012)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (2012)
Starhawk (2012)
NeverDead (2012)
ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif (2011)
Kinect Adventures! (2010)
ArcaniA: Gothic 4 (2010)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
Saw (2009)
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode Two (2008)
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode One (2008)
Crash of the Titans

A stark contrast from Shenmue 3...

It was really disheartening to see everyone teasing and laughing during the Shenmue 3 trailer, and still believe that out of the fans, many people will buy the game to be able to make money for Shenmue 4?
I liked the Monaco trailer, and I feel that the E3 trailer was a setback, how the hell can they achieve that? One thing is for sure, I will not play the game in English ...

I loved this trailer so much. I really wish I could enjoy it properly but that goddamn EGS announcement ruins it for me. Looks like I'll be playing Shenmue III on PS4.

I hope the game can get the full on attention of the "weird japanese games" market, like deadly premonition (hell Nier automata sold like 4 million units, but that's steam though).

The Japanese version is the better of the two. And it’s the version I will be playing. Sorry to the English cast, but I’m too used to the Japanese cast and I think Japanese Ryo just sounds more preferable to my ear.

Animation? Hit and miss. Some of it looked good. Other bits looked a bit janky. I.e catching the girl looked a bit janky. How much motion cap did they actually do for this? I mean I understand it most likely wasn’t performance capture but I do wonder how much motion capture was used. The sparring looked great though but there are other animations that look a bit rough.

But realistically, anyone who was expecting Naughty Dog levels of animation blending are insane. But still, I can’t help but feel it could be a little better in spots.

I think everything you are seeing is in game. I truly think this is how it’s gonna look and if you’re still off put then it isn’t gonna change in the months before release. This is the game. This is how it looks. Deal with it or move on.

Ryo looks great though. I actually think Ryo looks really good. The NPC’s are interesting. The off screen Wal Mart footage the other day showed fairly average looking people. But here we have more of the Shrek like jaw. It looks a bit disjointed. I remember Suzuki saying there was a contrast between artist styles and I think that is what is at play here.

As for the Steam/Epic store thing? That’s a kick in the pants. A real kick in the pants.

It’s just one thing after another for this game.
I think they used mocap for the fighting and some other small bits. As it's pricey I imagine they limited the use of it and have had to hand animate. Just a guess from me on that mind.

Back