Shenmue III will be "playable at E3" for press

Did last year featured footage for every games ?
I think it was more select cases, but I'm not sure.

Either way, the webcast last year was a Capital Markets Day presentation, rather than just end of year financials. The content and context will be different, and truth be told I'm not really expecting anything. At the very least we'll have to sit through a lot of stuffy financial slides before Shenmue III is even mentioned, I think.

I remember last year was an absolute scramble to get the segment edited and online. Thankfully Spags was on hand to capture since I was in work and couldn't get 5 minutes to try and sort something. It flew so far under the radar too, and caught us all off guard.

What I expect from E3: a curated video of the presses' 30 minute gameplay demo, released to the public. That's the big gameplay reveal.

What I expect from July: the backer demo is released, which will be from the same early part of the game as the E3 demo/footage.

What I expect from Gamescom: the last/launch trailer, a mix of action-packed, story-based cinematics and gameplay.

What I expect from August 27th: ???

Shenmue does have its quirky characters...

View attachment 2784

:ROFLMAO:

I actually went asking around about Xiuying on my last playthrough, since I mistimed getting to Man Mo at Night (as to not miss a day), and talked to a bunch of people about her; busted a gut when I talked to this guy and this picture almost made me spit out my tea just now! lol :ROFLMAO:

I really hope they show us a good slice of the game at E3. These period's of silence and showing us nothing is getting so boring now. I'm not saying they won't show us much at E3 because then I might end up regretting saying that, especially if they show us how good it looks but now really is the time to show us the game, as Shenmue 3 is out in 3-4 months.

I totally understand if they don't wanna show too much and would rather we experience it ourselves when the game comes out though. It could be worse too, we're still getting Shenmue 3.

Last edited:
It was still only last month that we got a massive and unexpected info dump at Reboot Develop Blue. That certainly wasn't boring. ?

Whenever we see anything Shenmue 3 related it makes me excited. Even if it was a picture of a deer in the village. I'm just saying day after day of not seeing anything gets boring. Not sure why you thought I found the last update boring because you're right, it certainly wasn't lol. That's not what I said though.

My point was that E3 really is truly the time for the game to shine.The game is out in a few months and I feel that now it's past the point of them showing us old footage. As much as I loved the trailers, every trailer has been old footage. It was great at first but now that Shenmue 3 is out in a few months, surely it's time to see the final build.

Not expecting a massive trailer, just enough for our patience to pay off. I feel that will happen though.

Last edited:
Soon, soon, soon.

Two weeks tomorrow until the journos start getting their hands on Shenmue III, and apparently the sessions were fully booked even a week+ ago. It's going to be wall to wall impressions from then on.*

*obviously we're all holding our breath for a trailer, and especially a gameplay focused one. I think we'll get what we want, so just hold tight for that little bit longer...

Soon, soon, soon.

Two weeks tomorrow until the journos start getting their hands on Shenmue III, and apparently the sessions were fully booked even a week+ ago. It's going to be wall to wall impressions from then on.*

*obviously we're all holding our breath for a trailer, and especially a gameplay focused one. I think we'll get what we want, so just hold tight for that little bit longer...

Will do man!

Back