Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Speaking of Shenmue websites... The Shenmue.link website hasn't been updated in forever. It still says "Pre-order" on it and that link leads to the slacker backer campaign. So it must be 1 year+ without updates there.

Yep. I played it on PSVR. I would imagine Shenmue III would be even cooler since you can walk around in 1st person with easier controls. All you really need is head tracking and Shenmue would make for an excellent VR experience.

That’s so cool. I can’t believe I’ve not tried it yet. Need to start using my PSVR more often anyway.

Damn, well this is what it looks like to cling to any hint of positivity lol. Or of good news rather.
I know how you feel. I'm going with the DLCS need to be done first before we even consider hearing anything about Shenmue 4. Could easily be latter half of the year.

Yeah, I’m banking on the same. It’s probably somewhat unrealistic to be expecting any kind of news this early on, despite how long it may seem to us.
Indeed, it could even be a full year before we hear anything, we don't know what the roadmaps for the DLC is or anything. Put into perspective what's a year or 18 months when we had to wait 18 years between 2 and 3.

We've got a lot of hints and evidence that it could continue(and most likely will). I think the biggest sign we'll find come our way is the story DLC that is upcoming. If it expands on the ending and leaves it even further open, I'd say it's a done deal there.

Indeed, it could even be a full year before we hear anything, we don't know what the roadmaps for the DLC is or anything. Put into perspective what's a year or 18 months when we had to wait 18 years between 2 and 3.

Definitely. The only thing that makes me think that it could be sooner rather than later is that Yu is probably going to want to keep at least the core of his team assembled before many of them potentially go their separate ways. But like you say, we don’t know the DLC roadmap so at the moment this could be enough to keep them working together as a unit. Unless suddenly SEGA comes out of nowhere with their resources and says, “Here Yu, use this massive team of programmers etc.!”

Unlikely, but one can dream.

I've become addicted to checking Ys Net's page every day to see if they're posting anything new to the job section. Nothing yet... The page hasn't been touched in a couple years. Do they recruit internally?

Back