Steam keys sent out now

I've played a little so far (curse you work!) and I'm enjoying it! I've also spent a ton of time on Kickstarter comments discussing the recent backer rewards activation troubles and DLC.

It seems like there's a lot of content and outfits out there just wasting away in digital nothingness (the preorder gear wasn't even offered on GoG or Steam, I don't think)
The weird thing about this is, they did create apps for the Kenpogi Training Outfit, Blazing Kick, Peking Power and Snake Spirit packs. They can be seen on SteamDB. But they aren't associated with any user-accessible keys or purchases.

I've noticed on previous Dojo posts some backers received Burning Sandstorm (advertised as a Deluxe Edition only move) from backer rewards or buying the Season Pass. That appears not to be the case on Steam though; the move's app is not associated to those, so on Steam it seems to require the Deluxe Edition as the only possible way to get it.

Moreover, anyone who has used their backer key for the game on Steam appears to be unable to buy the Deluxe Edition - At the checkout Steam says "You already own this game." This combined with the above means anyone using their backer key for the game has no way to get Burning Sandstorm (or Flight Jacket). I've sent a Steam support request about this but its response misunderstood the question and closed it, so I've sent another one explaining the misunderstanding and restating the question.

Separately on request from the team at Ys Net I've sent a screenshot and description to their email to be forwarded to Deep Silver who are handling the Steam app setup. This could potentially lead to them reworking the purchase options such as offering a "Deluxe Upgrade" package containing just Burning Sandstorm and Flight Jacket.

As part of my efforts I'm trying to find out: Was this an issue on EGS? Could backers who redeemed their backer game key buy the Deluxe Edition on the same account to upgrade their game? If anyone remembers doing that or knowing it was possible, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I had the EGS day-one deluxe DLCs (MY FLIGHT JACKET! 😭), and I imagine that if they aren't part of the deluxe edition on GoG, it'll throw up an error on me if I try to load the saves.
Flight Jacket is Deluxe Edition but not pre-order; anyone buying Deluxe Edition on any platform today would still get it. So if you also have Deluxe Edition on other platforms and the saves are compatible it may keep it.

I've heard little about people trying to migrate saves across, potentially in part as they are not presently in parity with versions (EGS is 03112 and Steam is 03111 for instance) but maybe also separated by ecosystem. I've seen one claim that they were able to do it but when they loaded the save it said they lacked the DLCs and removed it from the save. (If true, potentially if they moved the save back to EGS and reloaded it they might get those items reissued.)

It's been out a year and regularly selling for a similar price. Seems insane to price it any higher than $20. An impulse buy at $16 is very easy to justify and the game's not exactly costing the publisher or developer much money at this point.
Doesn't seem to be selling terribly well, tbh. It's pretty low down the charts. I'm sure it's doing well enough anyway, a year out.

Doesn't seem to be selling terribly well, tbh. It's pretty low down the charts. I'm sure it's doing well enough anyway, a year out.
Let's also remember that Deep Silver said back then thhe game was doing financially well, and I remember seeing that it did achieve profitability (don't find the link again).

Of course, every sell counts, since it'll help funding Shenmue 4.

I know that the day it was made available on Steam it was in the top charts, so I guess it's not bad for a niche game that's been out for a year and has received alot of backlash on the internet for some times now.

Yeah, I noticed that, peak players according to steam charts maxed at 327 which is not great, and it's only been going down since. So far Steam sales look rough especially for how deep it's discounted and that it's launch week. That said it seems to be doing pretty well on GOG, number 5 on the best sellers list right behind Baldur's Gate 3.

It's really difficult to shill the Steam release anywhere when many aggressive posters just want to talk about the EGS controversy or parrot Eyepatchwolf opinions.

Hell yeah, got my Steam key!
Not exactly a hardcore PC gamer, but it’s cool that the KS campaign came through in the end.

Plus, it’s nice to have all three games on one platform now.

So there was a new patch with this release that fixed backer names? Do we know if it done anything else?

Does the game have all the usual Steam stuff, achievements etc.?

Back