Steam keys sent out now

Wow, Steam keys, I thought this Kickstarter was a scam????. Reeeeeeeeeeee... Guess they won't care as the "outraged weirdos" will have moved onto another scarifice for their incel gods by now
I find it crazy how so many people can be so clueless about a one year exclusivity deal. How they didn't understand that Yu Suzuki/YsNet and Biscy/Shibuya had nothing to do with it. But also, how important it was for the rest of the game dev' and its rentability.

People just remembered that it wasn't for their little favorite platform at launch and that they either had to wait a year to play it or download just one other launcher... Still can't understand why it is such a big deal today.

I've seen those comments on the Shenmue 3 Steam community or Metacritic :
Looking forward to that review bombing..... Yeah Epic is soo much better without reviews, Screenshots, Forums, Guides, what a better place. Tomorrow i hope you devs will pay the price for that decision.
Yeah, let's completly review bomb a game and the hundreds of people who worked hard on it, just because the publisher made a profit-related decision (wait, you mean, we live under capitalism, where profit is necessary to your company ?)

Suzuki willingly sold out to Deep Shillver.
Deep Shillver (along with Suzuki) willingly took the money-hat as they had so little confidence in the game.
Yeah, willingly. Of course. They didn't need to have a publisher to have some extra money for the development, and no one to take care of the marketing and publishing.

Piece of crap game for a pc crap trilogy. Yu Suzuki is a bald headed ugly **** that took advantage of the autistic Shenmue fans to get zee money from them, pc **** that bought the game were scammed and not refunded after discovering that the game was crap. Thankfully I never liked a single SHenmue game, overrated franchise as always, I would never pay more than $10 bucks for a digital download link (except if it was a wonderful game) and no more than $30 for a physical game, **** you Suzuki! Shenmue is dead!

Of course, he gave 1/10 (surprised it wasn't even 0/10 haha). Why this review is still up, I don't understand. Kinda proving that the people who says "but the fans hated it, so it's a bad game" is proof that the bad reviews don't necessarily come from long time fans.

Anyway, I'm deviating from the original discussion sorry.

Not a fan of the "counter" reviews though.
Well, I understand. I don't like having to do so either.
But what's cool with steam, is that in the reviews you don't have to grade it (so you won't have to give 10/10 to counter balance the 0/10, even if you're real grade is 7/10).

Where I feel it might be "important" (it is relative) to still take the time to give it a thumbs up, is that the haters are all ready to go there and trash the game completely.

That's the difference. It's that most of us who liked the game, we "moved on" from it and we are now fully focused on the future of the series (Shenmue 4 and The Anime), but the haters, even the one who haven't played the game yet, and just want to activate their Steam keys to review bomb the game because of Epic and will probably hate the game, because they hate it already... Well, they are ready to review bomb it.

So I think it's still good if we can leave a positive review to balance it a bit. (I mean, positive, if you feel positive about the game in the first place, of course.)

I find it crazy how so many people can be so clueless about a one year exclusivity deal. How they didn't understand that Yu Suzuki/YsNet and Biscy/Shibuya had nothing to do with it. But also, how important it was for the rest of the game dev' and its rentability.

People just remembered that it wasn't for their little favorite platform at launch and that they either had to wait a year to play it or download just one other launcher... Still can't understand why it is such a big deal today.

I've seen those comments on the Shenmue 3 Steam community or Metacritic :

Yeah, let's completly review bomb a game and the hundreds of people who worked hard on it, just because the publisher made a profit-related decision (wait, you mean, we live under capitalism, where profit is necessary to your company ?)

Yeah, willingly. Of course. They didn't need to have a publisher to have some extra money for the development, and no one to take care of the marketing and publishing.

Of course, he gave 1/10 (surprised it wasn't even 0/10 haha). Why this review is still up, I don't understand. Kinda proving that the people who says "but the fans hated it, so it's a bad game" is proof that the bad reviews don't necessarily come from long time fans.

Anyway, I'm deviating from the original discussion sorry.
This is one of the reasons why i don't care about Metacritic scores and things like that, some people just want to hate things on the internet, of course people can dislike Shenmue III, but a lot of times i saw people there giving 0 to the game simply because they want to hate on Shenmue.

No surprise for me that this haters are waiting for the Steam version so they can do negative reviews just because of the 1 year epic exclusivite. I will buy Shenmue III on steam and i will give a positive review, i want to support Shenmue and Yu Suzuki and i like the game.

Last edited:
This is one of the reasons why i don't care about Metacritic scores and things like that, some people just want to hate things on the internet, of course people can dislike Shenmue III, but a lot of times i saw people there giving 0 to the game simply because they want to hate on Shenmue.

No surprise for me that this haters are waiting for the Steam version so they can do negative reviews just because of the 1 year epic exclusivite. I will buy Shenmue III on steam and i will give a positive review, i want to support Shenmue and Yu Suzuki and i like the game.
Yeah me too. I fully accept the fact that some people genuinely disliked the game and can rate it a low grade. I, myself, give it a 6-6.5/10, which really isn't that great. But I also fully comprehend those who gives the game a genuine 9/10 or those who gives a genuine 3/10. I don't believe I own the exclusive truth about it.

But I don't understand why it is so hard for some people to be level-headed and rate the game for what it is (being exclusive to EGS doesn't change the quality of the game and shouldn't be taken into account into a review) and exaggerate completely your review in such extremes way...

If anyone is interested someone, looks like from Deep Silver, is streaming the game on the Steam Page now.

Back