SUKA PASS: a fan-made Shenmue Passport app

Downloaded it on Android and it's awesome. Really good job to everyone involved.

One issue: On my Galaxy S10 it seems lowering the BGM doesn't really do much? I would have thought lowering the BGM to 0 would mute it but the music doesn't appear to be muted. Not sure if this is a bug or it's just my device but thought I'd mention it.

Edit - It appears it was a bug with the title screen music playing nonstop, even in to other menus. I restarted the app and it's working correctly now and the music can be lowered to 0 and muted.

I've just been using this. And it is AWESOME. I love it. A lot of attention to detail and a lot of work put in. I love having the music section and seeing the many character bios. I was never able to fully enjoy the Passport disc so this is great. Thanks so much guys.

Amazing product. By far the greatest Shenmue app out there. I'll be glued to this when travelling.

One issue I did notice is that sometimes the menu music continues to play when I enter a new section, so you have two bgm playing at the sametime. Other than that. 10/10 for me :)

Thank you so much to everyone who has tried out the app already and the amazing feedback (we've made a note to look into the music issue mentioned). The project team has been rushing around getting ready for the launch and the positive responses have been overwhelming!

So yes we're officially now live and I'll leave Tom here to direct others to the download page for the app!

https://www.sukapass.com/p/download-page.html

Great work, guys! Absolutely spot on conversion of the Passport. Things really hit me with nostalgia while going through the menus. Might be because I use the Passport so rarely that it still feels a lot more special than the game itself.

My Galaxy S4 is struggling quite a bit with it, resulting in some annoyingly long load times. But the old brick does that with everything, so no fault on the app's side in any way.

Thanks for the kind messages guys! Really glad everyone is enjoying it, and not just me reading character bios in bed every night, and trying to randomly get a character to say something! :p Can't wait to add more features for you all!

Does someone know a good and friendly Android emulator? I don't have smartphone.

I just downloaded the Suka Pass app and all I got to say is, "WOW." I got all kinds of Dreamcast vibes from this.

Have it on my phone. It's excellent. I'm playing through Shenmue 1 HD right now so it's nice to check profiles and find those people in the game. Wasn't sure who Eri was but I found the profile and then knew who to look for in the game.

Not being ones to let grass grow under their feet, the Suka Pass project team is pleased to announce the first post-launch update!

A new search feature has been added that lets you search for words across any character profile text, as well as a button to "mark off" characters to filter out ones you've met in the game, for example.

Main new features:
* Character Profiles: Mark characters
* Character Profiles: Text search
* Character Profiles: Metric Units support
* Music: New music added
* Various fixes

Update / install the app:
https://www.sukapass.com/p/download-page.html

71757520_1662778683854684_878357194699964416_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ditched my ancient Galaxy S4 and switched to an S9+ now. Makes a huge difference with Suka Pass. Runs sooo much better.
Keep up the good work! Would be great if you could maybe manage to let the music section keep running in the background.

Good to hear its running responsively on your new phone @BlueMue!

Would be great if you could maybe manage to let the music section keep running in the background.
You mean the ability to play the music while using other apps and/or when the phone is locked? It's something we have on our list of potential enhancements but our initial investigation suggests it could be quite challenging to implement...

the coolest App ever!!! As I never got to experience the passport disk. This is awesome.
Thank you all for putting in your time to make it! Absolutely love Suka Pass.
I cant wait to see what will be added in the future. Those question marks look very intriguing.

Back