The Epic Games Store thread

Yea I remember hearing it was due to a backlash. However I don't recall a single person ever complaining about the LRG CE PC version.

Where is the backlash LRG has been saying exists, is what I would love to know?

I believe the backlash was due to the game being exclusive to EGS. There were rumors that the Kickstarter physical PC version was a box with no disc just a code. It's now been confirmed that the physical PC version will come with a disc, but there will be no game data on the disc just the Epic Games launcher.

I believe the backlash was due to the game being exclusive to EGS. There were rumors that the Kickstarter physical PC version was a box with no disc just a code. It's now been confirmed that the physical PC version will come with a disc, but there will be no game data on the disc just the Epic Games launcher.

Oh ok, they're referring to that, shocked they were even planning a PC CE release to beginwith then.

The Limited Run PC version made no sense to begin with.
Selling an EGS disc/ launcher goes against the very idea behind the company, which is to offer completely physical versions of games to players who want to avoid digital content.

Now…had they been offering a 9 disc PC version in addition to all those other physical goodies… THAT would’ve been awesome (hoping they might in the future); as things stand, however, it only made sense to axe the PC version altogether.

The Limited Run PC version made no sense to begin with.
Selling an EGS disc/ launcher goes against the very idea behind the company, which is to offer completely physical versions of games to players who want to avoid digital content.

Now…had they been offering a 9 disc PC version in addition to all those other physical goodies… THAT would’ve been awesome (hoping they might in the future); as things stand, however, it only made sense to axe the PC version altogether.

Yea I agree on that.

Lol I don't think it would take that much(Yu Suzuki actually knows how to compress stuff, infact he's the best at it, it would most likely take only 4-5 DvDs), but yea that would've been awesome.

It sounds to me like the backlash was against there not being an actual physical version, not related to the digital storefront it's on.

Hey, whatever it takes to get more eyes on Shenmue 3. ;)

Compelling.

I mean, I seen a lot of weird comparaisons with Shenmue. Yakuza, Sleeping Dogs. But Red Dead Redemption ? :"")
C'mon people. The only common point between those two games is... there's side activities to do.
The kind of games, the atmosphere, everything else is completly different. If not opposite.

People compare it to Shenmue because the gameplay, outside the shooting, is extremely slow for a big budget Western game. It’s also nowhere near as good as Shenmue. ;)

People compare it to Shenmue because the gameplay, outside the shooting, is extremely slow for a big budget Western game. It’s also nowhere near as good as Shenmue. ;)
I think I've also read it's because of the way he picks up and rotates stuff in his hand like in Shenmue. Or something, I don't play western developed games for the most part so I don't actually know what goes on in RDR2.

I mean, I seen a lot of weird comparaisons with Shenmue. Yakuza, Sleeping Dogs. But Red Dead Redemption ? :"")
C'mon people. The only common point between those two games is... there's side activities to do.
The kind of games, the atmosphere, everything else is completly different. If not opposite.

I have to agree with this .

I finished RDR2 (minus the epilougue)
It has some slow mechanics where you have to pick objects manually and stuff so thats why some people compare it.
Arthur's notebook is also very Shenmuesque.
But other than that, I don't see no similarities.
One is super gore and bloody, the other is not. You actually neve see blood in shenmue other than the ocasional Ryo's bruises.
In one you kill people, in the other you just give them a nice beat up.
One focus on Huge world, other focus on smaller world with more detail.
You can say that, as Arthur, Ryo is looking for some redemption, but even the stories are very different tho.
Both have wood chopping...

BUT THE WOOD CHOPPING IS WAY MORE FUN IN SHENMUE!

Back