Tokyo Game Show '19 ~Shenmue3~ Speculation Thread

As some people said in another thread. That video will probably be the last trailer but with Japanese VO.
The thing I'm excited about (as everyone here) is the the Suzuki presentation with the japanese voice actores.
New content there can definitely happen! 5 days to go!

Again, I am not expecting any new trailers or gameplay except a Japanese dub of the Gamescom trailer.

We might get more tidbits of new information from the interview with Yu and the voice actors, maybe though.

I do expect the date for the trial version.

I mean the more I think about it, the less it makes sense for a really subdued showing at TGS.

It's the first proper domestic event Shenmue III has been at (Yu showing the Gamescom '18 trailer at the VRSUS panel last year doesn't count IMO), and even though TGS isn't as big as it used to be - it's still one of the very final events the game will be at before release.

The game sees so many iterative improvements with each showing, I wouldn't be surprised if it looks even better this coming week.

They are in the crunch making every day count, so what we see next week may look even better at Paris Games Week, which would be essentially t be the final version, not including whatever Day 1 Patch they do.

The game sees so many iterative improvements with each showing, I wouldn't be surprised if it looks even better this coming week.

They are in the crunch making every day count, so what we see next week may look even better at Paris Games Week, which would be essentially t be the final version, not including whatever Day 1 Patch they do.

Indeed, the last 6 months have provided the greatest visible improvements in the whole development cycle...the outer to inner development strategy is paying off bigtime now and should bring even greater enhancements towards release!!!

Now! The translation of the discription of the Shenmue 3 event at TGS is quite interesting!
coming from the SEGA website btw

"November 19th. The latest series "Shenmu III" for the first time in 18 years will finally be released!
Director Hiroshi Suzuki welcomes Masaya Matsukaze, who played the main character Ryo Tsuzuki, and Haruka Terui, who played the heroine Yuka. While introducing the features and core of the game!"

So it seems like Shenmue 3 will not only be presented by Sega, but also by Sony. Might only be a video tho.
I'm trying to figure out the Suzuki presentation schedule.

EDIT:
The Shenmue 3 event will start tomorrow at 11:45 and goes till 12:15 tokyo time ofc.

So it will start arround 3:45 AM UK time. way less than a day now!

grab tha cofee! haha
Will the trial release date be confirmed?! :unsure:

Last edited:
Back