Version 1.03 for PS4 is Live - Release Notes

Peter

Administrator
A new console patch has arrived, and should be available momentarily. v1.03 for the PS4 and 1.6.0 for the Xbox One. It's understood that these patches will bring the console versions in line with the current PC build of the game (1.0.6), where a full detailed list of fixes from the original release can be viewed in our PC patch thread HERE.

The patch notes are:

- Fixes for various SFX issues.
- Improvements to MIDI playback.
- Numerous UI improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixes for various graphical issues.
- Control improvements and bug fixes.
- Various performance and stability improvements.
- Fixes for localisation issues.

• Audio quality improvements.
  • UI and functionality improvements.
  • Lighting and rendering fixes.
  • Various bug fixes
  • Save data icons fixed.

• Stability improvements.
  • Audio playback fixes.
  • UI usability improvements.
  • Graphical errors addressed.

The updates above are the specific console patches that have been released, but I have gathered all of the individual updates that have been released for the PC and posted them below for reference.

UI
• Fixed various instances of incorrect help screen text displayed around the game.
• Fixed various instances of incorrect button prompts being shown in the HUD.
• Fixed duplicated button prompts in QTE Title 2.
• Fixed an occasional issue when transitioning into the menu when in Shenmue 1.
• Fixed an issue with 2560 x 1080 UI resolutions.
• Fixed issues with resolutions wider than 2560.
• Fixed an issue with QTE prompts not flashing.
• Fixed an issue where Excite QTE button prompts would appear blank when bound to W, A, S, D.
• Fixed various issues with help screens.
• Fixed UI issues after viewing items.
• Fixed some issues with pawnshop fliers.
• Fixed some instanced of overlapping UI.
• Dobuita shop names now correctly appear when looking around without having to zoom.
• Fixed various issues with the end game save screen.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the money panel to sometimes continue to display over arcade games.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the clock to obstruct the score in Space Harrier.
• Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong animation to play in the moves list UI.
• Fixed various issues caused by low UI scale values.
• Fixed an issue where the cassette player battery would sometimes display while viewing cassette tapes.
• Fixed various issues with the “completed game” save screen.
• Fixed an issue that would cause text to occasionally display with a blue outline.
• Fixed issues with missing prompts and missed input in QTE title when obtaining high scores.
• Improved the display of directional inputs when playing Excite QTE 2.
• Fixed an issue where French characters would sometimes be cut-off while viewing photo information.
• Fixed an issue where uncollected gacha sets could sometimes be sold in a pawnshop.
• Integrated steams controller and button icons.
• Fixed issue with incorrect help screen display after being forced back to Ryo’s room
• Fixed issue with Ryo’s moves display when using lower screen resolutions
• Fixed issue where by the 70 man battle and Magic Weather options could disappear when they should be available

Audio
• Fixed various instances of crackling background music.
• Fixed crackling while listening to cassettes.
• Fixed various issues with arcade game audio.
• Fixed issues with rain.
• Fixed issues with some sound effects not looping correctly.
• Fixed issues with some sound effects crackling.
• Fixed an issue that caused volume settings to be applied inconsistently between games.
• Fixed some issues with arcade game background music.
• Fixed some issues of corrupted SFX.
• Fixed issues with notebook SFX.
• Improved the MIDI playback for various instances of background music.
• Fixed a MIDI playback issue that could cause “stuck notes”.
• Increased music volume when playing games in “Shenmue Collection”
• Fixed various issues with SFX.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the volume of some dialogue during combat to be controlled via the SFX volume option.
• Fixed various issues with lip syncing.
• Further improvements to Shenmue 1 audio playback.
• Fixed an issue with corrupted audio outside the Golden Qr Tomato Convenience Store.
• Fixed an issue that caused the Darts 7 background music to crackle.
• Now plays correct Japanese fight grunts when playing with Japanese voice audio

Graphical Issues
• Fixed various character skinning issues.
• Fixed an issue that caused bloom to re-enable itself when opening the notebook.
• Fixed an issue that would cause crushed blacks on some hardware setups.
• Fixed various instances of missing geometry and textures.
• Fixed various issues with cameras being incorrect in cut scenes.
• Fixed issues with hair sometimes rendering slightly transparent.
• Fixed some instances of missing facial animation.
• Fixed occasional issues with cloth rendering.
• Fixed some instances of oddly positioned hands.
• Fixed an issue that would cause Ryo to disappear when activating the watch in the Dobuita car park.
• Added the ability to adjust gamma values via the graphics options.
• Fixed the “A”, “B”, “X” & “Y” gacha colours.
• Fixed an issue with some cutscenes being incorrectly displayed in 16:9 with graphical issues.
• Fixed an issue that would cause the camera to clip through scenery in Bunkado Antiques.
• Fixed issues with Shenmue 1 shadows which caused them to appear “blocky”.
• Fixed an issue that would cause Ryo’s shadow to be distorted while airing out the books.
• Fixed an issue with the numbers displayed on Neo Darts.
• Fixed various graphical issues present in AfterBurner II.
• Fixed Ryo’s jacket clipping into the Dojo floor when sparring with Fuku-san

Controls
• Fixed inconsistencies when sparring in the dojo.
• Fixed issues with the left stick during the Shenmue 1 bike race.
• Improved the controls while playing HangOn.
• Improved the controls while playing Afterburner II.
• Space Harrier and Afterburner II controls now no longer default to inverted.
• Fixed thumbstick issues when interacting with the Shenmue 1 Jukebox.
• Fixed an issue that could cause the forklift truck to become unstoppable.
• Fixed issue with being unable to use left thumbstick whilst working at Lucky Hit stand or when catching leaves

Miscellaneous
• Fixed an issue that caused increased CPU load on some hardware.
• Various stability improvements.
• Fixed a soft-lock when playing Shenmue 1 arcade games past Ryo’s bed time.
• Fixed an issue that could cause stuttering on monitors that support 75Hz refresh rates.
• The gong in Bunkado Antiques can now be interacted with.
• Fixing various instances of localisation issues.
• Fixed an issue in Shenmue 1 where sleeping would sometimes not update move experience.
• Various performance improvements.
• Fix for a crash that would occur when detaching a sound device on some platforms.
• Further CPU load optimisations.
• Fix for various instances of localisation issues.
• Fixed a crash when transitioning to evening while listening to music at Tom’s Hot Dog Stand.
• Fixed an issue that would cause Gacha rewards to not be given when playing Space Harrier.
• Further stability fixes.
• Fixed issues with move experience gains not working as expected.
• Experience gains are now correctly saved.
• The UI has been updated to show the experience progress since the last time the moves list was opened.
• Fixed an issue that would cause Gacha rewards to not be given when playing Space Harrier in Shenmue II.
• Fixed an issue what caused Ryo to not receive the certificate of completion after playing HangOn.
• Fixed an issue that caused the “Mini HangOn” gacha to be incorrectly awarded.
• Fixed occasional freezes while playing Space Harrier.
• Fixed an occasional crash when attempting to enter initials in Outrun.
• Fixed an issue where pausing while entering a loading screen could sometimes cause you to get stuck in the loading screen.
• Subtitles showing betting information for gambling mini-games are now localised.
• Fixed an issue that would cause snapshots to be corrupted when taken at certain resolutions.
• Secret commands can now be used in AfterBurner II.
• Fixed an issue that caused difficulties entering training in the Dobuita Parking Lot.

LOL, what timing...

I just gave up on a playthrough last night because the sound glitches were so bad I kept getting very upset. Hopefully this fixes or at least minimizes them. I'd like to have footsteps again at least like my god...

I'll give it another shot after I beat Kiwami 2...

Amazing news, and perfect timing as there's sure to be some downtime for me after Halloween tonight! :p

Folks, I can't speak for the PS4 version just yet as I'm not within reach of mine atm, but as of 15:21pm GMT on Xbox One: Shenmue 2 has a 2.4GB update but Shenmue 1 has yet to show up on mine just yet. and Shenmue 1 clocks in at 1148mb.

Last edited:
File sizes for PS4:

Shenmue: 401.1 MB
1B2bQXp.png

Shenmue 2: 2.136 GB
y62esHU.png

Update History for Version 1.03:
7DKnRra.jpg

Amazing news, and perfect timing as there's sure to be some downtime for me after Halloween tonight! :p

Folks, I can't speak for the PS4 version just yet as I'm not within reach of mine atm, but as of 15:21pm GMT on Xbox One: Shenmue 2 has a 2.4GB update but Shenmue 1 has yet to show up on mine just yet. Will update you all once it has.

Yes its rolling out across all regions so give it a little bit of time.

Yes its rolling out across all regions so give it a little bit of time.

Yeah sometimes these sorts of things can arrive at different times across different regions so I just wanted to keep UK folks in check. S1's update might've just arrived as when S2 did for me on 3pm bang on because I got the S1 update prompt as soon as I restarted my console :D can't wait to try it out later tonight!

OP has been updated with all of the PC patch notes since the games' original release.

Shame, I just completed Shenmue 2 two days ago :LOL:

No idea what bugs are left anyways. The games seemed close to perfect to me on 1.02...

Checked S1
Aside from the reverb on the title screen sounding off on PS4 (it's perfect on PC) this is pretty much patch 6 with all the fixes.

The game is taking form. Just one or two minor patches and I'll be confident to call this the definitive version.

Will check S2 later.

A quick check on S2:
The event of Ryo learning Counter Elbow Assault has a serious audio issue on PS4 1.03.
There is a lot of noise in the background music.
The music of South Carmain Qr. (Day) and
Beverly Hills Wharf (Day) still sound off.

A quick check on S2:
The event of Ryo learning Counter Elbow Assault has a serious audio issue on PS4 1.03.
There is a lot of noise in the background music.
The music of South Carmain Qr. (Day) and
Beverly Hills Wharf (Day) still sound off.
Man that's a bummer. *sigh* seems like the patch fixed some stuff but broke other stuff. :disappointed:

i wonder if this will be similar to the version that gets pressed to disc for the Japanese release? We're still 3 weeks from release though so still plenty of time for at least one more patch by then, and I imagine at least one more post-release.

I will bet you the Japanese version is gonna be the same disc as the U.S., they just wanted the patches ready to go before the Jpn release. Sadly, i don't think this version of the game will ever be physically collectible. Hang on to your DC and Xbox originals.

I will bet you the Japanese version is gonna be the same disc as the U.S., they just wanted the patches ready to go before the Jpn release. Sadly, i don't think this version of the game will ever be physically collectible. Hang on to your DC and Xbox originals.

Well if they're somehow stripping the english from it, as I have heard, then it will be more than just a repressing with a different label and country code.

Well if they're somehow stripping the english from it, as I have heard, then it will be more than just a repressing with a different label and country code.
They're removing english? Argh, that's stupid. I guess I'm stuck with this broken version then.

I am using ps4 in Asia. After 1.03 installation, the key layout has changed to normal.
The bug I found does not show the technical table.

Just so long as the clompy footsteps come back in Shenmue I I'll be happy lol
Just tested on PS4 last night after the patch... still extremely quiet footsteps on roads. Wtf man... such a glaring issue shouldn't still be a thing...

Back