Version 1.03 for PS4 is Live - Release Notes

I just got an update pushed through for just Shenmue 2, version 1.04
Anyone know what this includes?

I just got an update pushed through for just Shenmue 2, version 1.04
Anyone know what this includes?

Is that just for Shenmue 2?

Could anyone confirm a v 1.04 Shenmue 2 patch is live?

Last edited:
I wonder if there's any chance it addresses the BHW crash. Wishful thinking most definitely seeing as it's just been reported.

I wonder if there's any chance it addresses the BHW crash. Wishful thinking most definitely seeing as it's just been reported.
I just put it on the FB mesage, can anyone check the Beverly Hills Wharf crash? It looks like a hotfix

I just put it on the FB mesage, can anyone check the Beverly Hills Wharf crash? It looks like a hotfix

I've got a save right in that part so will check as soon as I get home later. Hopefully someone has chimed in before as it's still hours before I'm back.

Shenmue II Version 1.04 for PS4

Update file size: 90.77 MB
xCjaTLl.png

Update History:
HQFTYMB.jpg

Nice to see a bug as big as the Wharf crash getting quicker attention in a smaller update regardless of the platform fee. Pretty sure only big one left is grab+strike combos...?

Nice to see a bug as big as the Wharf crash getting quicker attention in a smaller update regardless of the platform fee. Pretty sure only big one left is grab+strike combos...?

I’m glad that game-breaking bugs are top priority, although the combat should also be very high on their list too. It’s an integral part of the game too.

With this s2 is near perfect. Audio could still improve but its good enough.

S1 still has more issues i hope they adress when it comes to visuals/audio/hitboxes (all have been reported by other members) so lets hope they tackle them soon.

Did Xbox one and steam receive this hotfix?

That's is the way to go with game breaker issues, it is relief

Just started Shenmue 2. Queen Street still sounds pretty bad. But I'm assuming the other tracks in question are pretty good now.

I just checked right now and as of patch 1.03 for Shenmue 1, Master Chen Warehouse #8 track still sounds wrong. Sounds fine on PC on the latest patch. Has this already been reported?

I just checked right now and as of patch 1.03 for Shenmue 1, Master Chen Warehouse #8 track still sounds wrong. Sounds fine on PC on the latest patch. Has this already been reported?
Unsure but always worth doing again to be sure.

Seems fixed to me. I suppose it might not be 100% accurate but it sounds way better than it originally did. I tested it with the cutscene where you bring the Phoenix Mirror to Master Chen (I don't have a save near the sneaking into Warehouse #8 part).

Ironically enough, it seemed to me that most of the other audio problems with Shenmue I still remain but that was one of the few things that got fixed.

Have to say, I'm seriously disappointed that this collection is looking like it still won't be fixed by the time it releases in Japan in 2 days. If you asked me if the game would be fixed by this point 3 months ago, I would've told you I can't even comprehende any other possibility.

I'd love to eat crow with a big, conclusive day one patch, but I'm no longer that optimistic.

A few random glitches still persist, but to be blunt, 1.03 is pretty damn good. If you're so turned off by the notebook volume/missing footsteps, then maybe the game isn't for you at all.

Biggest issue is grappling strikes; although in my experience they are cool but I prefer standard throws or kicks and punches vastly moreso. Truly don't mind them being useless because they're so rarely used by me. Presume the day/week one patch after 11/22 will fix that and those other two minor issues, if not all the less universal low priority bugs. I'd say 1.06 will be the final patch save for some unforseen quick fixes like 1.04 in the future.

Back