What are you playing?

ER, still one of the greatest American Drama series ever made and by far, the best hospital drama the world has ever known.

Nothing will ever surpass the masterclass that show was... (at times lol).

Bought RE3... barely touched it. I'm having a surprising amount of fun with Resistance, which I had not expected, but I've always enjoyed team based games. It's vaguely Outbreak-esque, although more straightforward. With some balancing, new maps, and general content updates, it could be a great game. There's certainly fun to be found here even in its current form, which is more than I can say for Umbrella Corps.

Also Animal Crossing.

Thanks for all this information!

Daggerfall Unity seems absolutelly unplayable for me. I'm not a nostalgic of the mid 90's doom-ish graphics at all.

But Skywind seems SUPER playable. So with Skyrim, Skyblivion and Skywind, I have like 1000 hours of gameplay :love:
I'm one of those weird old guys who has no nostalgia for the early days of polygons and pseudo-3D Doom-type games. I thought they were awful then, and still think so! :ROFLMAO: Late 16? Love. Dreamcast era and beyond polygonal games? Love. But early 3D... urk!

Hopefully by the time you're done with those thousands of hours ES6 will be out!

I'm one of those weird old guys who has no nostalgia for the early days of polygons and pseudo-3D Doom-type games. I thought they were awful then, and still think so! :ROFLMAO: Late 16? Love. Dreamcast era and beyond polygonal games? Love. But early 3D... urk!
I'm the same. I loved the fast, crisp look of Virtual On and VF in the arcades, but everything on my N64 made me want to throw up as a kid. PSX faired a little better imo, but you still had the godawful framerates and resolution ruining everything.

Ironically, I think the Sega engineers that thought consoles weren't quite ready for 3D were actually right. We could've had a 5th gen full of the most beautful 2D games the world has ever seen, but consumers wanted to move on to chugging undercooked polys and textures at home. Oh well. At least we got Panzer Dragoon, Megaman Legends, and Nights out of the whole thing. Those probably wouldn't have existed otherwise.

Bought RE3... barely touched it. I'm having a surprising amount of fun with Resistance, which I had not expected, but I've always enjoyed team based games. It's vaguely Outbreak-esque, although more straightforward. With some balancing, new maps, and general content updates, it could be a great game. There's certainly fun to be found here even in its current form, which is more than I can say for Umbrella Corps.

Also Animal Crossing.

Hopefully by the time you're done with those thousands of hours ES6 will be out!
I was looking for games like this and found Dragon's Dogma Dark arisen (with mods too), I think I'd like more the battle system of this one.

Anybody knows more games like TES or Dragon's Dogma? (Not like WOW, TES Online, etc, I don't like the battle system)

I was looking for games like this and found Dragon's Dogma Dark arisen (with mods too), I think I'd like more the battle system of this one.

Anybody knows more games like TES or Dragon's Dogma? (Not like WOW, TES Online, etc, I don't like the battle system)
Dragon's Dogma was great, I just didn't like having to fill my party with pawns from randos!

Have you played Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? The lead designer of Morrowind and Oblivion was the lead designer on that, and it shows (I mean that in a good way!).

The camera is a little wonky and the intro quest is terribly dull, but once you're out in the open world it's a lot of fun. The combat is great, and it has a vaguely Fable aesthetic without being too cartoony. The main story isn't anything to write home about but there are some really inspired questlines (the House of Ballads is a favorite of mine in open world RPGs; there have been some debates over the "right" way to resolve it!). The game likes to explore the ideas of fate and freedom which leads to some interesting results.

If you're playing on PC, there are a couple of mods out there that help a bit.

I didn't play it until years after it's release (it came out in 2012, just after Skyrim) and was quite surprised how much I liked it. Underrated game for sure, and if you can wait for a Steam sale, should be dirt cheap.

Speaking of, you could try the Fable games, but they're much more linear games. They have a very British atmosphere and humor and some decent combat. I quite like them, but they don't scratch the open world RPG for me like Elder Scrolls or Amalur. Still, they're no more linear than Dragon's Dogma, so they might be worth a look. Sadly, 2 never got a PC release.

I know the Witcher games are supposed to be fantastic, but for whatever reason anymore I can't bring myself to play open world RPGs that don't allow me to create (or at least significantly customize) a character, so I've never picked them up.

Dragon's Dogma was great, I just didn't like having to fill my party with pawns from randos!

Have you played Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? The lead designer of Morrowind and Oblivion was the lead designer on that, and it shows (I mean that in a good way!).

The camera is a little wonky and the intro quest is terribly dull, but once you're out in the open world it's a lot of fun. The combat is great, and it has a vaguely Fable aesthetic without being too cartoony. The main story isn't anything to write home about but there are some really inspired questlines (the House of Ballads is a favorite of mine in open world RPGs; there have been some debates over the "right" way to resolve it!). The game likes to explore the ideas of fate and freedom which leads to some interesting results.

If you're playing on PC, there are a couple of mods out there that help a bit.

I didn't play it until years after it's release (it came out in 2012, just after Skyrim) and was quite surprised how much I liked it. Underrated game for sure, and if you can wait for a Steam sale, should be dirt cheap.

Speaking of, you could try the Fable games, but they're much more linear games. They have a very British atmosphere and humor and some decent combat. I quite like them, but they don't scratch the open world RPG for me like Elder Scrolls or Amalur. Still, they're no more linear than Dragon's Dogma, so they might be worth a look. Sadly, 2 never got a PC release.

I know the Witcher games are supposed to be fantastic, but for whatever reason anymore I can't bring myself to play open world RPGs that don't allow me to create (or at least significantly customize) a character, so I've never picked them up.

Yes, PC.

I don't like the cartoon style of Fable, that's why I don't play it, gotta admit seems a great game tho

Kingdom of Amalur seems great and I would play it, but Idk why it's so expensive right now (it was cheap like Morrowind and Oblivion, but till Februaty Steam mulyiplied the price x4 in my country and it's very expensive) so I think I'll pass.

Another game I may try some day it's Kingdom come Deliverance, but I always refused to it because the combat system seems too real and I'm kinda pussy, but I'll look around it when I finished all this. I have it free on Epic and I think it's in the gamepass too

Dude you have to play the witcher 3. You really have to. I know you can't create a character, but believe me, it's better that way, because the main character it's great. Please, give it a try. I remember a user of the dojo was in the same situation, tried to play it 5 times and he can't, then we convinced him, he gave it a chance, and 10 days later he came back with 100 hours of gameplay and his mind blown.

Project Hospital because of coronavirus...

The realism makes the management very interesting and the gameplay feels deep so far. You can build your own hospital from scratch. Now I want to re-watch ER

Screenshot from Steam
ss_ae17a5fe8822ecb82202ca3c3c6e24b2fb05e1a4.1920x1080.jpg
I’ve been playing Two Points Hospital on PS4. I loved the old Them Hospital, so when I heard about this one I jumped on. It’s so much fun. Can’t say too much about realism, but I could easily lose a whole day playing this.

Finally finished Bloodstained. I was hoping a Sorrow 3 and what I found is a mash up between the worse elementof Portrait of Ruin with the plof of Harmony of Disonance and some elements from Order of Ecclesia. Not a good Igavania at all.

Bonus track: the world building, the plot and character design is as bad as a rotten Hentai magazine from the 90s

Final Fantasy VII Remake -- I'm quite enjoying it. Combat is pretty good (so far). I've always said I prefer VIII over VII and kind of almost wish VIII had this remake treatment, but I'm still really enjoying VII remake. Again, I really like the combat so far. It's a nice blend between action and classic turn based with the ATB system. Also, the slums are just gorgeous. It feels like a real lived in place and I love it.

Resident Evil 3 -- I platinumed this over the weekend. Playing on Nightmare and Inferno really exposed just how weak this games design really is. That last fucking boss fight man. On fucking inferno that shit was controller throwing inducing. And the worst part? It's a sudden difficulty spike that comes out of nowhere and doesn't really prepare you for it. Every other boss on Nightmare and Inferno were somewhat decent. But those last two Nemesis fights depend on perfect evade and if you so much as fuck it up once then you're dead, please start again. I ended up caving and using the infinite rocket launch just to make life easier but I was trying to do it without cheats but I just couldn't do it. I could make it up to the last wave but would always fuck up the timing of evading once attack and be forced to retry.

Frustrating as all hell...Nightmare and Inferno difficulty really exposes just how poor that games design is in some regards. Other than that? I recommend waiting for a sale to pick it up. Wait till it drops in price. Nowhere near as good as RE2 Remake was.

Last edited:
The new additions to the story in FF7R that are introduced from the very beginning: (very minor early spoilers) Cloud's "visions" and the spectre-like beings...I had a weird epiphany/theory regarding them.

I haven't looked it up -- and I don't want it spoiled either! -- but why do I get the feeling that (story theory based on cutscenes in the first 8 or so hours) Sephiroth is speaking as if he remembers the events of the original FF7, like he knows this has happened before...and that's also what Cloud is seeing in his visions?! Not sure what the spectres represent yet...maybe the fans? Haha

Whether this will simply remain a meta aspect of the narrative, more of a nod and a wink, I don't know...but a part of me hopes they lean into it! Who knows, maybe I'm completely off-base with it :coffee:

When people tell you Shenmue III's NPC's look bad. Pay close attention to the NPC's in a big budget game like Final Fantasy VII Remake...some of them look pretty generic. Not a comment on the game itself but I noticed it with some of the quest givers. Main characters look fantastic in this game but some of the secondary NPC's don't live up. I don't know why this came to mind. Maybe because both games were made with Unreal 4 and I was just caught thinking about the engine as I was playing. It really does give more appreciation as to what Yu and team were able to pull off on such a modest budget.

Anyways, yeah, still playing FFVII Remake. It's a real mixed bag graphically I think. Some parts of it are really astoundingly beautiful and spectacular to look at, but yet, I've notice some rough NPC's and weird low res textures abound. I'd be really curious to see a PC or Next Gen upgrade of this next year (you know it will inevitably come once the PS4 exclusivity wears off). I wanna see this game running at 60+ fps with higher assets and higher resolutions. You can kind of tell the PS4 is in its twilight years. They're getting as much as they can out of it but you can only get so much out of it as this point.

Still, I'm really loving the game. Especially the combat.

I just fought the first VR battle against Shiva

Had a really great time with it.

Also that first battle against Reno reminded me so much of something straight outta Yakuza. In terms of really hyping the pre-battle in the way that Yakuza games hype boss fights pre-battle. The fights in this game have been nothing short of spectacular to look at in terms of pure cinematic dazzle and flair.

As much as I loved Yakuza 7's turn based system (and I did), as I've been playing FFVII Remake, I did wonder how something more action/strategy based like this would play in Yakuza 7 had they gone that route instead of traditional turn based? Don't get me wrong. I loved the turn based system of Y7 and thought it was a breath of fresh air as a whole for the Yakuza series, but I do have to wonder...what if they had something more action/turn based hybrid style like this system?

Last edited:
The new additions to the story in FF7R that are introduced from the very beginning: (very minor early spoilers) Cloud's "visions" and the spectre-like beings...I had a weird epiphany/theory regarding them.

I haven't looked it up -- and I don't want it spoiled either! -- but why do I get the feeling that (story theory based on cutscenes in the first 8 or so hours) Sephiroth is speaking as if he remembers the events of the original FF7, like he knows this has happened before...and that's also what Cloud is seeing in his visions?! Not sure what the spectres represent yet...maybe the fans? Haha

Whether this will simply remain a meta aspect of the narrative, more of a nod and a wink, I don't know...but a part of me hopes they lean into it! Who knows, maybe I'm completely off-base with it :coffee:

I'm neither gonna confirm or deny given that I do have knowledge of the original game...but I do like your theory. :D I kind of felt the same when we got to that one scene at the end of Chapter 8 (? -- after the second boss...might have been chapter 7)...you probably know the scene I'm talking about. The one just before waking up in the church?

Last edited:
Friday was Good Friday, so staying in and just chilling was on the docket.

My Saturn needed a new Battery, but I haven't had time to just devote 3+ hours to playing, in order to charge it up (I DO NOT leave consoles on just for the hell of it), so I played a bunch of my new titles.

Played:

- Greatest 9 '98: Summer
Classic Nipon League players and WONDERFUL presentation, it literally felt like I was back in Meiji Jingu; I have never played a 32-bit baseball game as good as this.

Beat:

- Sonic R
Had fun with this; gorgeous presentation and great music, but... do we really have to race with the bloody d-pad? Ugh, it's not unplayable, but it's definitely a hassle... Came first in every track, but haven't unlocked anything and at this point, not sure I will...

Completed Fully:

- Sega Touring Car Championship
So gave this a whirl and I found it tricky to steer for the entirety of my first go at things; ended up finishing 3rd overall and I was impressed with the graphics and superb (but not my cup of tea, genre-wise) soundtrack. So I started another run and COMPLETELY forgot about the analogue stick. Switched over...

AND HOLY SHIT IS IT ***SIGNIFICANTLY*** BETTER AND MORE PLAYABLE! Almost like night and day. Finished second overall and just BARELY missed-out on top spot. So I did a third run and blew the competition away, finishing first on the secret track(s) as well. It definitely isn't Sega Rally, but is certainly isn't as bad as people make it out to be; even the guy with an FAQ on Gamefaqs, wrote about how the framerate hurts his eyes. I'm telling you, there are 0 framerate issues and the game runs very smoothly. Just don't get it...

- Vatlva
Have fallen in love with this game. After beating it thrice to fully unlock everything (and mess around for a bit in the free for all mode), I took to adding the soundtrack to my iPod, because this is literally one of the 5 best gaming soundtracks I've ever witnessed. No ID3 tags, nothing on gracenote, etc. thus, I turned to replaying the game again to get character names and looking up info for composer, year, etc.

I discover that Yuzo Koshiro did the writing for the music (which was a major, "duh," moment) and that the developer, Ancient, is his own company (facepalm); no wonder this game is so polished and superb! This game was truly a labour of love and the cartoonist for the Rockman comics, designed and drew all the characters, as well as the anime cutscenes that play throughout the game.

Anyways, it is basically a 1V1 battle with original vehicles, which you completely customize with weapons and other goodies (that shoot both in front and behind), as well as customizing your vehicles physical attributes, such as handling, speed, battery power, etc.

This is an excellent party game as well and it is super easy to pick up and play. Tempted to give it a 10, but it is completely a 9/10 game, no questions asked.

A wonderful surprise :D

You 100% need the 3D pad for Sonic R. Analogue stick and shoulder buttons are essential to controlling it properly. Great game once you get the hang of it!

Was watching some FF7R, it kinda reminds me of Shenmue in certain ways. I can't be the only one that feels that lol.

Of course.

And you found it silly; you aren't alone (many felt that way), but, you're not Japanese, right?

Neither am I, but I am well-versed in Japanese history, military might and, "pride."

If something like that really did happen in Japan, be it the 90s or now, there would be GARGANTUAN backlash and a shit-ton of outrage.

Those who aren't familiar with the mentality behind what the secret symbolized, of course will not find it anything special.

It was *such* a well-implemented plot device; the Japanese are incredibly sensitive lol.
Yeah, not japanese and probably that was the reason, too used on scandals in Spain. 😀

Currently, aside of my eternal grinding on monster hunter world, I am playing Vestaria Saga. Really enjoying it, I really missed the old school Fir eemblems.

I hope this year I can upgrade my PC and be able to play Resident Evil 2 remake and FF7 when it comes on PC I am really hearing a lot of good things about them.

Beat Tomb Raider 2013 a few days ago, played Rise of the Tomb Raider from start to finish for the first time last night and will be playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider in the coming days.

Back