What are you playing?

So, it took my 4 tries to do the first mission, as there is a GIANT learning curve for this game; as it is a tank sim, it can get clunky at first, but once you have it down, it's a breeze.

I'm on mission 3 and I'm really enjoying the game thus far. It has a ton of personality and while nothing phenomenal, the graphics look good and fun and, like Vatlva above, you can see a lot of effort and love went into this game.

Just have to refine my strafing skills, but I got it down for the most part :D

Still Final Fantasy VII Remake.

(damn that squat challenge was rough on the fingers at higher speeds)

I'm still very curious to see why the ending has been so divisive....(no spoiling)...but so far, I'm head over heels for the game.

Assassins Creed Rouge. Enjoying it and liking the different take on the whole Assassins v Templars thing.

Also started Mass Effect 1 again with a bucket load of mods on PC. Looks great and plan on playing all 3 back to back.

Assassins Creed Rouge. Enjoying it and liking the different take on the whole Assassins v Templars thing.

Also started Mass Effect 1 again with a bucket load of mods on PC. Looks great and plan on playing all 3 back to back.
Is there a mod to play it with joystick?

If there's a Heaven, you will get in there :love::love::love:

I always wanted to play it in steam, but can't with keyboard. Just can't.
Haha. Hope it helps. Watch the instructions they give you on Nexus it took me ages to figure out wtf they meant with the file names.

Decided to start up the original FF7 again. Played it twice before, only just getting out of Midgar and getting stuck somewhere before losing interest. Managed to do it in about 4 and a half hours this time and hope I can actually get through the rest.

Meanwhile I’ve been grinding in the FF4 remake after having got Rosa in my party. The enemies at Mt. Hob? I think it was are way tougher.

But the grind in DOAX3 seems a lot more annoying for not being an RPG. At least I’ve got everyone in matching swimsuits and have their closets locked.

For now with my PS4 hooked up I might also get back to Judgement and DBZ Kakarot

At the moment I am playing Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition with a friend. It became our 2-hours evening ritual through the whole pandemic thing.

Just started A Plague Tale. Brother got it randomly and I get all his digital games for free to thought I would give it a shot myself. Okay game so afar I guess but I'm not even an hour in yet.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst, honestly kinda underrated.
Beautiful as they come (even though the original feels more "realistic").
The campaign missions are quite ok (still starting), the gameplay feels more fluid but also more floaty, I'd say better overall.
The City while beautiful isn't as distinctive enough to make it open world, and the open world missions are quite boring.
Good game, enjoying it.

Final Fantasy VII Remake - It took me a little while to get into the game, particularly the combat. It was my own damn fault for thinking it would play like Devil May Cry or something. Once I got over that, I really started enjoying it. I was always only familiar with the characters from the original, back when I was an aspiring character artist. Now I’m happy I get to experience a version of the story that’s more accessible for me. The textures are blah, though.

Resident Evil 3 Remake - I’m about to start my third play through again tonight. I think I said this in a separate topic, but this game is all I needed it to be.

Blair Witch (PS4) - I’m a HUGE fan of the original film, so when I found out that this game was ported to PS4, I got it immediately (digital only though, since a physical copy is hard to find for some reason). So far, I’m a bit disappointed. The gameplay is fine, but what threw me off was the atmosphere. It feels generic. The Blair Witch Project has a very particularly spookiness about it that made the film stand out in my mind. It’s a different kind of fear than that of Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Actually, I think those Slenderman games are very close to nailing that atmosphere. The Blair Witch game though, just doesn’t seem to have it. The main character not only talks a lot, but there’s something about his voice performance that takes me out of the game even more. The quality is excellent, but it also feels like the character belongs in another game and sort of betrays both the mythology and the atmosphere. I felt the same way about the lead character in Resident Evil 7. It’s a good game so far, but I can’t help but feel a bit disappointed.

Final Fantasy VII Remake -- Those fucking pull ups man, those fucking pull ups! I'm trying to get the Pro Challenge done but fuck me this one challenge is breaking me. It's really not helped by the fact that Jules leaves very little room for error. Not to mention you have to be entirely perfect in your rhythm of button presses and can't afford one screw up. And the bloody load times whenever you restart the challenge, oh those bloody load times. I will gladly welcome the speed of M2 drives standard next gen. After playing on my PC with an M2 drive, I now understand the difference entirely.

Fuck load times man...one thing I will not be sad to see lessen come next gen with the standard implementation of M2 Drives in PS5 and Xbox One Series X. It wouldn't be so bad if they just reloaded the challenge itself, but for some reason, everytime you restart the game makes you load right back to the initiating conversation before the mini game starts. Quite annoying when you screw up and just want to instantaneously restart...I mean Tony Hawk games could do this on the PS2, what stops a simple mini game like this from being instantaneously reloaded into memory upon restart?

Aside from that, I'm now in Chapter 14 and I guess I'm nearing the end game...I got the standard "better make sure you clean up side activities" message so I assume we're near the end game when that shit starts popping up. This game is so damn bombastic and over the top. I love it for it. Some of the last few boss fights have been really fun as well.

Persona 5 Royal -- I ended up getting the shits with the Pull Up challenge and went back to P5 Royal for a bit. Finally past the lengthy tutorial and into the first palace again. I do love this game but man the opening section and tutorials can be a slog on second run. I'm curious to see more of the new stuff though. And once the game gets past its opening slog, it really does pick up and become damn good (like most Persona games from 3 onwards.) Also, the style of this game never ceases to impress. I absolutely adore the style of its art design, UI design and what not. It's the most stylish game of this generation by far. Makes me crave for another Jet Set Radio in a similar stylistic fashion.

Tekken 7 -- I have clocked about 900 hours on the PC version alone...what can I say? It's my go to game for quick pick up and play online sessions.

Last edited:
I bought Xenon racer to play some futuristic arcade races. It's not bad at all

I started playing Shin Megami Tensei II again, after dropping it for a while, back in September or October of last year. I was getting a little tired of it, and was also sort of stuck, because I couldn't figure out where it wanted me to go to encounter the Demi-Nandi that went out of control in the Factory area. After picking it back up, I talked with some people in the bar again, and realized that I needed to sweep the farm area for a very specific tile to encounter this Demi-Nandi. Went to Arcadia, and talked with Jesus (I had actually forgotten that I named who I thought would be the Light Hero, Jesus, who I thought was the Dark Hero, Akunin, and whoever the third one was, Tachiwaru--I think he ended up being a Neutral Hero (?)).

After that, I spent something like three nights trying to get past the first trip into the Tokyo aftermath from SMT, to rescue the heroine--this game is a direct sequel to SMT, but it seems to want to use the travelling to the underworld aspect of Megami Tensei II, also. The first two times, I had gotten caught by Arch Angels in the bottom basement floor of the Factory, where you basically start. The third time, I had gone through all of that floor (it's very large). Mixed the Nandi that I had my eye on, befriended an Arch Angel, got a pretty good weapon drop for my hero from a pack of Angels, got a Screw Lance from some Wyrms, found a sprite named Naja, and was about to head up to the prison on the upper floors, but decided to go back to heal at a lab (neutral healing center) first. On my way to do that, I encountered some Ghouls who death touched Naja (who I switched with Nandi as my walking around monster), and then me. I lost about two hours of my time from that, and was pretty upset. Saving can only be done at terminals, which there are only five of, so far, and all of them are up in Millenium. It just shouldn't have happened, though. I had to check the devil analyzer after to confirm that they actually even had death touch. I'd taken out tons of them, and not seen it before. They almost never use it.

It took about six or seven more attempts, but I was finally able to get through there with most of those things I was hunting for. I did not go back to heal before heading up to the jail cells. Had to fight Tachiwaru, and sacrifice Naja, but I got the (light? chaos?) heroine back. She's way underleveled now, unfortunately. I may not enjoy SMT II as much as Megami Tensei, or SMT (maybe not even Megami Tensei II) so far, but I do enjoy the player agency these games provide, for early-ish JRPGs. I always try to go Neutral route (where applicable), so it's just nice to be able to make decisions toward that goal, recruit similarly minded monsters, and even avoid most fights by talking with monsters, if I want. I'm not expecting much from the story this time around, but I want to finish it in order to move onto the Devil Summoner games on the Saturn, and SMT III.

Despite being unsure of the demo, I decided on trying out Trials of Mana.

Previously I’d played both the original version of Secret of Mana as well as the remake of it, but have yet to complete either(maybe someday). I can understand people’s issues with the stylization choices but I prefer how the remake seems more responsive, or at least I seem to “miss” a lot less.

I think Legend of Mana is one I’ve tried for PS3, and I just couldn’t get into it at all unfortunately.

So far, Trials of Mana seems to have some similar issues to the remake of Secret in that the budget seems pretty low, but overall it’s been pretty enjoyable. The parts that matter most - how expansive the towns are, leveling and customization, combat - have all been more or less what I actually want from RPGs, which is kind of sad to say about many these days. I just wonder whether things will open up a bit later on to give more freedom.

It does make me interested to see how the original is and how faithful it is to it. I think it’s in Collection of Mana? Thing is, I’m unsure of whether it will feel like Secret of Mana where half of your attacks just don’t connect, something that really gets annoying to me in hybrid systems like Xenoblade.

I think Legend of Mana is one I’ve tried for PS3, and I just couldn’t get into it at all unfortunately.
Legend of Mana is my favorite in the series, personally. I haven't played anything that was released after it, but it's a collection of really beautiful stories presented in a very story book kind of way. I absolutely love it, and the environments and music (thank you, again, Yoko Shimomura) are gorgeous. The combat takes a little getting used to, but it also is probably my favorite in the series, and I really enjoy how there's so much variation in the game, from one playthrough to the next, with the land mechanics. It's a quite a departure from the first three games, though.

I find SoM to be super jank, and really don't enjoy it at all, but I really love the first and third games in the series, also. Who did you choose for your group?

Legend of Mana is my favorite in the series, personally. I haven't played anything that was released after it, but it's a collection of really beautiful stories presented in a very story book kind of way. I absolutely love it, and the environments and music (thank you, again, Yoko Shimomura) are gorgeous. The combat takes a little getting used to, but it also is probably my favorite in the series, and I really enjoy how there's so much variation in the game, from one playthrough to the next, with the land mechanics. It's a quite a departure from the first three games, though.

I find SoM to be super jank, and really don't enjoy it at all, but I really love the first and third games in the series, also. Who did you choose for your group?

It’s been more than a couple years, so maybe I’ll try it again to see if I’ve changed my mind on it.

As for my party in Trials, I really just went by my favorite designs, so Angel’s the leader with Riesz and Kevin as partners. I’m not sure if they’re necessarily the best choice but even on normal it seems most of the game has been pretty easy. Didn’t know about the whole class system so maybe that will complicate things when I get there.

Back