What are you playing?

Streets of Rage 4 and Yakuza 3, also keep playing some DKC TF and I started yesterday the fist Uncharted. Not bad for now, looks like a story driven Tomb Raider

Recently played Ghostbusters Remastered on the PS4... It's quite a shoddy Remaster to be fair - many cutscenes look like they were ripped and not upscaled, I also encountered quite a few bugs! Interestingly it seems the Wii/PS2 version of the game had a more cartoony aesthetic.

Probably going back to Yakuza 4, It's good and the upgrade in graphics in the cutscenes really stands out but it's certainly a slow start - But I do like what I have played so far!

I am currently downloading the free PS+ Game Farming Simulator, curious to see if I an re-enact The Chicken Run movie...

Finally "finished" Breath of the Wild after about 4 months and 60-70 hours. Thought the game overall was amazing, but I would cut the number of shrines in half and bring back a few more traditional dungeons in a heartbeat. The divine beasts were cool but the Hyrule Castle/end game was rather underwhelming. Can't really see myself picking it up back to get the last few memories, the 60+ remaining shrines, or the DLC, at least not for a good while.

Still playing lots of Animal Crossing, and deciding what I should get next. Not sure I want to shell out $50-$60 for Luigi's Mansion or Link's Awakening. Tempted to get Grandia 1/2 HD even though I know I just won't have the time/patience for it. Also tempted by the Xenoblade remake coming out as I've never played that one, but again, super-long JRPG probably is not going to be completed.

I've been playing it an hour to 90 minutes a day these past couple of weeks

same. my thinking is its gonna be a terrible but if i play it for 1-2 hours a day i will get it completed.

at the moment 3 hours in, the game story makes little sense.

thing is, kojima has quite a good track record of making great games. mgs1-4 and peacewalker, were amazing. imo, they pushed the bar higher as to what a console game should and could be. ( after playing mgs1 back in 1999/2000, every other ps1 game was a bit of a disappointment, same goes for mgs2/3 - ps2)

if he was brave enough to shun current gaming trends (50-80hour - and the big, empty, open world etc) and create a cinematic, action game which was only 8-10 hour long, i think he could win his fans back.

thing is, kojima has quite a good track record of making great games. mgs1-4 and peacewalker, were amazing. imo, they pushed the bar higher as to what a console game should and could be. ( after playing mgs1 back in 1999/2000, every other ps1 game was a bit of a disappointment, same goes for mgs2/3 - ps2)

if he was brave enough to shun current gaming trends (50-80hour - and the big, empty, open world etc) and create a cinematic, action game which was only 8-10 hour long, i think he could win his fans back.
Mgs1 agree
Mgs2 if I forget the fact of Solid Snake... agree... Kinda... Maybe not... But yeah whatever
Mgs3 super mega ultra agree
Mgs4 mmmmmmm... MMMMMMMMMM...
Mgs5 great gameplay... shitty story

The problem it's that he can't make an action game of 8-10 hours because he can't explain things in a simple way. MGS4 for example. And the end of DS too.

Tekken 7 -- I FINALLY got a new Arcade Stick this week and have been putting it through its paces. What other game than Tekken? And what other character than my main girl Xiayou. Have I mentioned I kind of love (hate) this game? Oh yes, many times. :D Had to readjust to the arcade stick after playing pad for so long, but getting my bearings back and pulling off shit with relative ease again.

Virtua Fighter 2 (PS3) -- Booted up my old fave VF2 again because of the Arcade Stick as well. I love this game to death. It is easily in my top 10 of all time.

Modern Warfare 2: Remastered -- Still plugging away towards Platinum #97. Sitting at 85%. Just got to play through the campaign one more time and clean up two random trophies and also clean up the two collect intel related trophies.

I don't want to be meany but that was like 30 years ago

I mean, 20 years ago I could run 5 miles if I want. Now if I run half a mile I would spit my heart with my mouth

32 years ago ;)

I'm absolutely NOT a Kojima fan, btw, but Snatcher is life <3

Back