What are you playing?

@Nathanial Essex Not started playing Shenmue yet. I want to a real time run this time according to the date in the Game. So I am gonna start on the 3rd of December. I am also curious if the extra power of the ps5 will improve the game a little bit or not. Gonna report when I get into it.

For the last couple of weeks i've been playing Death Strading and I ended up finishing it this Friday.
I dare say that I wasn't expecting to have such an impact as it did.
If anyone would have told me about a year ago that I should play this game; I would probably have answered that I wasn't interested in it; as a matter a fact I was kind of annoyed when this game was in development because everyone at that time were allways praising Kojima so much that almost made me despise him.
But after having played Ghost of Tsushima and loved it; I wanted to play something different; something with a futuristic vibe.
Then I started listening to Death Stranding's soundtrack and watching some videos about the game and cosidering the times we are living in it kind of felt appropriate somehow.
I bought the game for a little bit less than 30 euros from ebay because I didnt want to pay full price.
I never played the Metal Gear Solid games so I didnt know what to expect but from what I've heard this one was nothing similar to them; except for the very long cutscenes and the crazy story I guess.
So; I started playing the game and right of the back when the first cutscenes are over and I take control of the character, I immediately start having some Shenmue vibes.
The music and the atmosphere of the game were tacking me into that world just like what happened when I played Shenmue for the very first time.
As I played I loved that feeling of being alone traveling from place to place, making deliveries, trying to find the best route during my journey from point A to point B, planning what equipment should I carry along to help me out to acomplish my task.
The world was almost empty of wild life but it was so well crafted and beautifull that it never felt that way to me.
The views were so amazing that sometimes I would stop just for while just to contemplate them.
The story and its characters felt captivating and misterious from start to finish.
The way that you end up connecting to other players in the game is also special and gratifying, it really leaves a mark as you play along, kind of similar to what happens in Shenmue but in a very different way.
The only major complaint I've had with the game was with the AI that don't make up for a great challenge wich made the game become fairly easy.
Overhaul it was a great experience and one that will stay in my memory for a long time.
I'm sure that someday in the future I will replay this game just to experience everything again.
Games like these need to exist otherwise everything else will just feel the same.

Last edited:
oh I see. Yes Spiderman is also running nice and it is a funny game. Can recommend it.

i completed resident evil 5 on xbox360 yesterday...the last time i played it was around 2008, so i had pretty much forgotten the story.the game is still fun and the graphics still hold up well but the level designs are very dated/basic. i would give it 7/10.

i just started resident evil 6. i did previously complete one of the 3 stories before giving up i remember not liking it but that might be compounded by the fact i originally spent around £38 first time around ( this time it was only £2 lol)... we're see what happens.🙃

I finished the base expansion story in Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward last night. I still fucking hate the story in this game. I guess they did a better job with the drama in Heavansward, compared to A Realm Reborn, but that's about all the story has to offer. It plays on emotions, and is a total cluster-fuck otherwise. Now, suddenly, they're also trying to lean into adopting the narrative theme of Final Fantasy III, but it's completely tacked on, like all the useless plot threads the game tries to run concurrently. If the game could pick one or two of these threads at a time, and weave them together with strong themes, or a general message that doesn't suck, I probably wouldn't be as pissed off about it. Also if all the things I wanted to do in the game weren't locked behind the story, that would have been great.

I still enjoy the dungeons, and instanced fights, and things, though. I took Machinest to level 60, along with Summoner, and while initially I had my doubts, drilling mobs every chance I get turned out to be something I enjoy quite a bit.

I also finally finished shucking some older 3TB external desktop HDDs I had sitting around, to put into my PC for extra storage. I was getting really tight on my main Windows partition, so now I can actually install some things I've been meaning to, like PSO2. As a bit of a change of pace, I spent about an hour tonight making this total baddy.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.11.30 - 19.49.16.93.png

Aside from interstellar expeditions, I'm a little sad that it feels like the story in PSO2 might not be linked at all with PS1-4/PSO1, but it's fairly fun, regardless. Not sure if even Shion knew what she was trying to tell me, but there does still seem to be a slight PSO1 feel to the story, at least. Voice work is pretty great (in Japanese). Can't tell if I think the game looks pretty good, or pretty bad. It's one of the two, or somewhere in between, I guess. It's probably just the characters I feel most mixed about.

Already have the lobby ship music stuck in my head, but it's sadly not as magnificent as PSO1's music.

I--uhh, I chose to start as a Summoner, if anyone can believe that. I can't figure out if there's a way to heal the pet during combat, but other than that, I kind of like it. Tough to target exactly what I want to at times, but pretty interesting for PSO.

Not sure if I should really get started with PSO2, or just wait for New Genesis. The NG updates look like they're pretty big.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution -- Been testing out the newly acquired OSSC with a lot of Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution...I forgot how much I loved this game on the PS2.

Yakuza 7 -- Slowly reworking my way through the English version of Yakuza 7...no rush considering I've already platinumed the Japanese version long ago so happily taking my time.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution -- Been testing out the newly acquired OSSC with a lot of Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution...I forgot how much I loved this game on the PS2.
The arcade quest mode was pure heroin levels of addiction.

Finished Ghost of Tsushima again last night. Now I can get rid of this PS4. Grinded in the MK11 towers for the week as well.
I have an auto clicker on my phone and when there's something in the Towers of Time that I want, I just use the AI and, through Remote Play, keeps pressing X.

I have an auto clicker on my phone and when there's something in the Towers of Time that I want, I just use the AI and, through Remote Play, keeps pressing X.
Tell me more please? Lol sounds like a simpler way to get things done! Is it an app or...??

Tell me more please? Lol sounds like a simpler way to get things done! Is it an app or...??a
You have an Android phone? It's literally an app called Auto Clicker. I launch Remote Play on my phone, go to a tower, put the AI on then set the auto click to keep pressing X. Particularly useful for long towers and I was using it more when I was trying to do the fatalities on each character to get the heads for the Krypt.

You have an Android phone? It's literally an app called Auto Clicker. I launch Remote Play on my phone, go to a tower, put the AI on then set the auto click to keep pressing X. Particularly useful for long towers and I was using it more when I was trying to do the fatalities on each character to get the heads for the Krypt.
I do have an Android. Are you doing this on Xbox or PlayStation? I am using Xbox One.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2 -- Going for that Platinum. Figured out it takes about 90 minutes to grind out 5 levels using a very exploitative method. I'm at level 80 now after three seperate sessions devoted to just grinding while watching a 90 minute movie on the second monitor. So I figure this is my method to get that level 100 trophy.

Grind for 90 minutes a day with a 90 minute comedy playing on the second monitor to ease the dullness of the grind. Should hopefully get the Level 100 trophy in four more sessions of it and then I will finally have the platinum for this game...this fucking trophy, man. Damn my compulsion to get the Platinum in this game!

At least the Hard Get There Challenges were rewarding when you nailed them, but this grind to level 100 is easily some of the dullest gaming I've had in a while. Pains me to say that considering how much I love Tony Hawk Pro Skater in general.

I took a second dip into PSO 2 exactly a week ago, thinking I would just play for an hour or two. Eight hours later I realized that it had hooked me in a pretty similar way to the original PSO. There are still a lot of small things I miss about the first PSO, and there are a lot of things that make it feel more like a standard MMO, but It's extremely addicting, and bonkers. Also I kind of love it.

Have Summoner up to level 62, and Fighter subclass at 51. Leveling Summoner to 50 was really fast, but these last 12 levels have felt a bit slower. Normally that would be fine, but in the middle of the week Episode 6 dropped, and I want to get Phantom and Etoile unlocked (mostly for summoner/phantom, but also because they both seem cool, and I think work well with DEX mags). So I'm hoping to get both summoner and fighter up to level 75 soon.

I still haven't done any of the story missions other than the first one. I am kind of curious about it, but had heard that the most efficient way to do them is to get a class to 75, then set it as a subclass for another low level job, and do them on very/super hard.

I do need some help, if anyone else has played it: I was hoarding all kinds of equipment from urgent missions and things that had soul/mutation/etc augments on them, but I have so many at this point that they're really clogging my limited inventory. So I'm not really sure what ones to prioritize. Of course, playing Summoner, I don't even have a use for most of the weapons yet. I just don't want to get rid of something that could save me time/meseta later, but considering how much time I've had to put into inventory management, it might not even be worth it to begin with.

I also finished all the main story in FFXIV Heavensward. I still find the foundation for the story to be a disaster--essentially committing to using a bunch of stuff from a scrapped form of the game, but periodically rewriting it through the events of ARR and HW--but to its credit, the story stops sucking quite as much once it gets into the end of the 3.1 patch story--Thancred is a fucking trash character, though; Off him immediately. It still has a bit of a problem of feeling like it's written by a bunch of writers all going rogue, but it's at least a little more cohesive, and actually has a few really poignant moments.

I'm relatively done with FFXIV for a bit, but I did actually buy the full game with expansions while it was half-off. So I think I might activate it in January, and see if I can get through most/all of Stormblood in the free 30 days. I'm really not interested in putting a lot of money into this game. Also, it's maybe worth mentioning that the 'end-game' content for HW is kind of not super great. The rush and thrill of Midgardsormr, or the Crystal Tower series in ARR are basically absent from HW, from what I've seen, sadly.

Back