What is your estimated global sales of shenmue 3

It's even more then that though, Shenmue 2, 3, and the rest of the series, plays out exactly like a wuxia series, just set in more modern times. Wuxia series make up the meat, and potatoes of Chinese TV shows(traditionally made up most of their movies as well), so you would think a game that masterfully pulls such off like the Shenmue franchise, would be insanely big in China(although that's if they can get PCs that can run this there, that's the big challenge right there).
I don't know if it's a problem. PS4s will work everywhere. I prefer everything on PC, but most do want Shenmue on a console. As long as they got the same AC voltage, is it 220 over there like in Europe? A PS4 should run it fine. BTW any lockouts their government tries to do like for Twitter, I know they get around with VPN, and other tricks. I know any pathetic rules like that, that popped up in Russia, or Ukraine, cause they started dumb rules too, idiotic rules hurting plain users of the internet and not supposedly Putin, or in Putin's case the "evil west". They all just laugh and get around it all. Some older people like my dad's friends still living there are hurt, yes. They just know how to turn on chrome and click the search bar, or an icon. When a huge service that's actually run and made by the U.S. Facebook, VK is shut down in Ukraine, they only hurt average older person that spent years using it. Unless they've younger children to help. Anyone in their 30s will be fine in China, or wherever IMO. Those are the ones we're talking about for Shenmue 3 on PC or a console.

I don't know if it's a problem. PS4s will work everywhere. I prefer everything on PC, but most do want Shenmue on a console. As long as they got the same AC voltage, is it 220 over there like in Europe? A PS4 should run it fine. BTW any lockouts their government tries to do like for Twitter, I know they get around with VPN, and other tricks. I know any pathetic rules like that, that popped up in Russia, or Ukraine, cause they started dumb rules too, idiotic rules hurting plain users of the internet and not supposedly Putin, or in Putin's case the "evil west". They all just laugh and get around it all. Some older people like my dad's friends still living there are hurt, yes. They just know how to turn on chrome and click the search bar, or an icon. When a huge service that's actually run and made by the U.S. Facebook, VK is shut down in Ukraine, they only hurt average older person that spent years using it. Unless they've younger children to help. Anyone in their 30s will be fine in China, or wherever IMO. Those are the ones we're talking about for Shenmue 3 on PC or a console.

While this is true, Sony failed to infiltrate China(because Sony is run by morons), which as you hinted at, means people are going to have to import. Sure with Hong Kong there, and Japan only 500 miles away, It's not that hard to do, but neverless It's yet another obstacle.

Yea I know.

While this is true, Sony failed to infiltrate China(because Sony is run by morons), which as you hinted at, means people are going to have to import. Sure with Hong Kong there, and Japan only 500 miles away, It's not that hard to do, but neverless It's yet another obstacle.

Yea I know.
I can even tell you how people in Russia order from U.S. amazon.com even though you shouldn't be able to. There's a service that lets you get a U.S. address, and the item is shipped to it. And then to your actual address. I doubt there aren't such things in China. Well, they'll do what they have to do.

I can even tell you how people in Russia order from U.S. amazon.com even though you shouldn't be able to. There's a service that lets you get a U.S. address, and the item is shipped to it. And then to your actual address. I doubt there aren't such things in China. Well, they'll do what they have to do.

Yea ofcourse, my point is, that's just extra hassle people have to go through, and whenever people have to jump through loops, it lowers the odds they'll want to get such.

I vote 1 million, wish I had it to buy enough copies to make it happen.
Already made a poll!

PLEASE VOTE! :)

Do console games sell particularly well in China? I have trouble believing it.
This is their amazon.com
Their page for Shenmue 3. I guess there, like other countries like that, those that can afford such things can freely get it. It's not 1.5 billion though, no. Maybe a few hundred thousand have PS4.
Not that it matters, it is on PC, it's not on Epic games over there. I think those wanting it there, will get it on their largest platform that's also a part of Epic Games. BTW I don't believe in Chinese spyware on a launcher. Why bother if they stole what? 1 million plus names and addresses of U.S. government workers. FBI, and so on. More than just names too. They really need my gaming habits info, yes. These people never cease to amaze me. They want to advertise games to you. Maybe to your friends also. Google does it for all products.

Chinese Distribution Finalized!

A few days ago at the G-Fusion Tour 2018 in Xiamen the announcement was made for Shenmue III’s distribution in China. The PC version will be distributed by Tencent through their gaming platform WeGame. The PS4 version will be distributed by Oasis Games, an official partner of Sony Computer Entertainment Shanghai (SCES).

Further details on distribution in China are forthcoming.

This is their amazon.com
Their page for Shenmue 3. I guess there, like other countries like that, those that can afford such things can freely get it. It's not 1.5 billion though, no. Maybe a few hundred thousand have PS4.
Not that it matters, it is on PC, it's not on Epic games over there. I think those wanting it there, will get it on their largest platform that's also a part of Epic Games. BTW I don't believe in Chinese spyware on a launcher. Why bother if they stole what? 1 million plus names and addresses of U.S. government workers. FBI, and so on. More than just names too. They really need my gaming habits info, yes. These people never cease to amaze me. They want to advertise games to you. Maybe to your friends also. Google does it for all products.

Chinese Distribution Finalized!

A few days ago at the G-Fusion Tour 2018 in Xiamen the announcement was made for Shenmue III’s distribution in China. The PC version will be distributed by Tencent through their gaming platform WeGame. The PS4 version will be distributed by Oasis Games, an official partner of Sony Computer Entertainment Shanghai (SCES).

Further details on distribution in China are forthcoming.
Chinese shenmue fans can buy shenmue3 on epic store.

Not very well I don’t think. A lot of people have had the game through Kickstarter won’t buy it again understandably. The reviews are bombing pretty bad I am really enjoying shenmue 3 but someone outside isn’t going to look at this game and think I need to play this.

A lot of the fans are being very negative too so that is unlikely to attract people to buy in. I know for a fact if I was interested in something I’d never played before if there was a recent sequel and everyone was being negative about it I would walk the other way.

It’s nice to have the hd collection there which may encourage new people to start but I would think most of those people have done so already.

Last edited:

Is that a sales figure you expect over a year period or after 1 month?.

Including the collectors and limited editions and digital sales it's probably broke 150k worldwide already.

Man we keep forgetting to include collectors editions.
The game did around 35k units physical in Japan, we can probably expect the us and other places (US, Canada, UK) to have a bit more. Maybe 50k. That gets us to 85k. Then the collectors editions, LRG & Pix n love - 5000 & 2500 units all sold out. Non LRG editions of the collectors editions were always selling out too, we can hope for another 5000 on top of that. 12500.
That'll get us around 97k.

This isn't including digital sales or epic games sales either, so if the game has sold 50k in digital and on epic games aswell, we are at 150k sales. There is also the backers which may be considered. 70k didn't all back enough to get a copy of the game, but we can assume maybe 35k of those who backed did the bare minimum to get the game sent to them. That's nearly 200k with that included.

I hope this is enough to get Shenmue 4!

Back