Where to pre-order Shenmue 3

You can pre-order the game at any of the links in the first post (provided they'll ship to your country of course), but at the time of this reply the only place currently offering any special/limited/collector's edition is EB Games in Canada. Though we know that's about to change.

Will we get a new thread once collectors editions are available for pre order?

Will we get a new thread once collectors editions are available for pre order?
I might do one and pin it up later with the ones that @Let's Get Sweaty has already posted up.

It would be good to have pictorial records that can be kept separate as this thread likely expands.

Last edited:
Went to gamestop yesterday and pre-ordered Shenmue III. No Collectors Edition available yet in America as confirmed. The guy said he'd call me if an American collectors edition were made available.

So the guy in GameStop told you there was no such thing as the pre-order bonus being advertised on GameStop's website and GameStop's social media pages? Take your phone with you next time and show him the tweet. ?

So the guy in GameStop told you there was no such thing as the pre-order bonus being advertised on GameStop's website and GameStop's social media pages? Take your phone with you next time and show him the tweet. ?
I believe @Space Lion is referring to the CE that leaked on Italian Amazon.

Would Gamestop even stock something like that if they have an exclusive pre-order incentive for the regular edition? Maybe the CE is Amazon exclusive? I have no idea how any of this shit works; I've not gone into a shop and bought a game in probably close to a decade at this point.

I don't know if they'll do a Special Edition for retailers. If they do, look for it to be announced at E3 or around then.

Also, if they do, is it imperative you pre-order it within a couple of days. GameStop is notorious for limited quantities, but CEs are a different beast entirely.

When I was there, only pre-order allocations would come in for CEs and with their recent financial woes, typically SKUs for CEs only remain eligible to order for a 2-4 day span, sometimes even less time than that. The big RE2 CE only lasted 24 hours.

After that, the reservation SKU is shut off and the only way you'll get it is if someone cancels theirs AFTER arrival.

That's what I wondered, which is why I asked if he meant something more than the medallion, but he said no.
There's some crossed wires occurring somewhere.

According to the Amazon Italy description the CE comes with "a mirror", which is why I wondered if Space Lion meant that rather than the pre-order trinket.

From what I’ve read the mirror comes in the CE edition and so far is only available in Canada. So I’ve been interested when the CE is available in USA for preorder. Look at me, talking about pre ordering collectors editions of Shenmue III! bounces up and down tears fall from eyes Can’t believe it.

Back